Arnies Not running this Sunday the 20th?

mark1447

I read off a friend of mine facebook saying that the Holiday Nostalgia is NOT running on Sunday:

BEEN CONFORMED. THE R1 AND R9 ARE NOT RUNNING THIS SUNDAY 12/20. DUE TO PLAN 4 IN EFFECT WITH THE IMPENDING MAJOR SNOWSTORM. PLAN 4 IS IN EFFECT FROM 11PM TODAY TILL 5AM MONDAY.

Not saying who said it, but thats what I read. + G/Os this weekend to be postponed.

I know a snowstorm is on its way tho..

Idk what plan 4 means but im asking..

I read off a friend of mine facebook saying that the Holiday Nostalgia is NOT running on Sunday:

Not saying who said it, but thats what I read. + G/Os this weekend to be postponed.

I know a snowstorm is on its way tho..

Idk what plan 4 means but im asking..

I know who you are talking about & I've been hearing the same thing from other people. Though I rather wait and see. Plan 4 usually occurs when big storms comes into the city.

Confirms who?

im not saying who..

I know who you are talking about & I've been hearing the same thing from other people. Though I rather wait and see. Plan 4 usually occurs when big storms comes into the city.

Yup and ok thx. Where are the other plans at, just to see em

All GO's cancelled this weekend. Technically , the R1-R9 special is a GO, so it is probably cancelled.

Because of this, the Manhattan-bound (A)(S) platforms at Beach 90 and Beach 105th Sts. won't reopen until 1/18/10. Tommorow was supposed to be the complete Rockaway shuttle busing so that more work could occur.

Definitely a Cold Weather Plan 4 for this weekend. Under a C.W.Plan 4 (five inches of snow or more), all General Orders are cancelled, regardless whether they are underground or exterior GO's. As the Nostalgia Train always operates under a General Order, the Nostalgia Train will also be cancelled.

Sorry.:cry:

Definitely a Cold Weather Plan 4 for this weekend. Under a C.W.Plan 4 (five inches of snow or more), all General Orders are cancelled, regardless whether they are underground or exterior GO's. As the Nostalgia Train always operates under a General Order, the Nostalgia Train will also be cancelled.

Sorry.:cry:

Since they cancel all GOs, does that mean that all MoW work is canned too like track work and other such things that don't require tracks to be taken OOS?

Since they cancel all GOs, does that mean that all MoW work is canned too like track work and other such things that don't require tracks to be taken OOS?

All track work is cancelled.

The only exceptions to the cancellation policy are long period GO's such as the Rockaway station closures or out-of-service fan plants.

Damn, no Arnines for my birthday weekend...oh well, there's always next week.

AND its the FINAL!

Hey look at the good side of the snow: Rail/Bus fanning under White Snow :cool:

Bet the following week wont snow, who knows...

Maybe you'll get lucky.. Snow Angel for you becomes R40 Slant lol

Dang snow. I'll rip the weather's head off and sue it :P

AND its the FINAL!

Hey look at the good side of the snow: Rail/Bus fanning under White Snow :cool:

Bet the following week wont snow, who knows...

Maybe you'll get lucky.. Snow Angel for you becomes R40 Slant lol

Lol @ you guys! :)

Well Have fun digging yoursefl out from the snow. I will be doing my 2 4 trippers on the (J) this weekend. At least the R160a1's are good in the snow, but I still wont be coming in full blast into station when the tracks are covered.

I hope for some 42 (J)'s this weekend. I caught one today! Good birthday present for me! I do wish I rode one on the Jamaica routes, but this suits fine.

Confirmed:

In addition, New York City Transit's Nostalgia Shoppers' Special will not operate this Sunday due to the cold weather operating plan in place in the subway system. However, weather permitting, the vintage train is scheduled to return to service next Sunday, December 27th.

http://mta.info/mta/news/releases/?en=091218-NYCT201A

Archived