First encounter with LIRR

Great shots of those DE30's, hope u enjoyed your first ride on the LIRR, enjoy the scenery on the MTK Line? And nice 10C bonus.

Yes I enjoyed riding it so much, that for a moment I wished that ride could be longer.

That's actually the first 10C picture I've ever seen. Nice!

Thats my first time seeing any of suffolk buses and I got a good one. Than you.

I never see any Montauk shots! They're very nice.

Thanks, If I will have any free time soon I will try Ronkonkoma line.

Those are probably the best pictures I have ever seen of the LIRR hands down. That 1st one is amazing. Great shots.

I don't know about that :ph34r: , I can agree that its good for a debut.

Awesome pics! I really like the last one, the one of the 10C, I've never seen a Suffolk bus before! lol

Thanks, btw I was waiting for the food in the nearby cafe when I saw it approaching. I stormed out of the place to take that shot, must have looked weird to people nearby.

Thanks, btw I was waiting for the food in the nearby cafe when I saw it approaching. I stormed out of the place to take that shot, must have looked weird to people nearby.

Suffolk transit is pretty much non-existant on the forum, which is strange, but I guess most people live around the City.

Very nice photos, great shot at Penn too, which we don't get to see much of. Looks like the yard there was empty, when I went to Montauk last summer there was a buncha extra trains parked in the yard by the station. If you get a chance, I recommend the Greenport branch, its also very scenic.

Good shots! I really like the second and third one alot because of the scenery.

The whole place is very scenic, especially around lighthouse.

Very nice photos, great shot at Penn too, which we don't get to see much of. Looks like the yard there was empty, when I went to Montauk last summer there was a buncha extra trains parked in the yard by the station. If you get a chance, I recommend the Greenport branch, its also very scenic.

Thank you, I was wondering that the amount of tracks was quiet large for such small station, especially that they were very corroded. Ronkonkoma branch is next on my list, will go as soon as skin heals from yesterday's sunburns.

The best video out of bunch I took. Quality is sub par, but view is good. From Montauk to Amagansett.

Yeah that camera seems abit messed up but still a nice video. My favorite part is actually more toward the end between Montauk and Amagansett, it's called Napeague and I think most will know why it's my favorite. Hint:There are similar areas around Westhampton.

my recomendations, Long Beach and Oyster bay, those two are also very scenic. Port Jeff is good too if you like diesels. West Hempstead is interesting but tough to get to unless u go during the week. Leave Hempstead, Babylon, Port Washington, and Far Rockaway for last, they arent (at least in my opinion as interesting to ride)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived