R110A @ Grand Concourse Yard + Extras

mark1447

These are just some IRT specials that all.

My current shots are the Metro-North Commuter Railf or June 17 via this URL:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10918

R110As were transferred from East 239th Street Yard via the (2)/(5)WPR Line to the (4) Jerome Line and headed to Concourse last night, cars 8006-8010 only. These will be sent to Coney Island Yard/Shops in a few days so try to catch em. They are parked in front of the R22 toward Lehman College South Side(Of Concourse Shop). View Shots by "R33WF: R130(110A) @ (4)167th River: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10917 "

I went to 239th btw, but saw no R110As 8001-8005, i dunno where the other 5 protos went. maybe E180th/Union port, ill try to check where they @ tomo..

Now the Shots For June 17!

Rolling Stock Fleet: R22, R30, R32, R40, R68/A, R110A(IRT), R142, R142A

Yards: East 239th, Grand Conourse

S7302867.jpg

S7302868.jpg

S7302865.jpg

S7302866.jpg

S7302869.jpg

S7302871.jpg

S7302875.jpg

S7302893.jpg

S7302894.jpg

S7302895.jpg

S7302896.jpg

S7302897.jpg

S7302898.jpg

S7302901.jpg

S7302904.jpg

nice catch

if I head up to Concourse tomorrow, will I see them there?

yeah bro, it will be there for a few days. try to catch em tho, before they head to Stillwell

btw thx

@Dave Thanks!

Look CLOSELY at the eighth pic, you can see the 8001-8005 set parked behind Locomotive #77. So that set stayed there, nice photos btw.

You're right! I can see them!

Nice photos Ozzy, I see similarities here from Baychester Ave: hehe

P1110818.jpg

Look CLOSELY at the eighth pic, you can see the 8001-8005 set parked behind Locomotive #77. So that set stayed there, nice photos btw.

LOL i didnt even see this , im such an a** ^_^b.

So these are next damn.

Thanks btw =)!

So these are next damn.

Thanks btw =)!

Why are all the R-110As being sent to Coney Island Yard, though? I don't get it. Are they going to be repaired/rebuilt or something? And if so, what does the (NYCT) plan on doing with them? Work cars? School cars? Maybe revenue service cars?:confused:

Why are all the R-110As being sent to Coney Island Yard, though? I don't get it. Are they going to be repaired/rebuilt or something? And if so, what does the (NYCT) plan on doing with them? Work cars? School cars? Maybe revenue service cars?:confused:

The Redbird king, here at NYCTF told me it might be for skool car, no one knows really. Of course these will NOT be scrapped, why would they..

maybe they took my suggestion on this forum a few months ago to refurb them for (S) service (i wish)

just a refresher: my plan was to mod the cars to four car sets (get rid of unpowered middle car) to run on the shuttle.

ps. it would be really cool if they actually did that...

i freakin' miss the R110a!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-(

<6>

They were never in service anyways.. Why dont u head over to Concourse yd before they leave.

Im gonna see if i can catch em live in action.. Ill be stopping by fri and sat if i can

R110a>R142

100%! I never knew the R110A/Bs existed until I went on the web for the first time in 1997 and saw a picture of an R110B on the MTA website. It would've been great if the seats were incorporated into the R142/As. But I just can't imagine that something built by Kawasaki would have breakdown/fire problems.

R110a>R142

I agree as well. R110A is like the older brother of the R142. Similar bats but same NTT.

110As look more on R62A as well on the side u notice those bar(Dunno wat those are called). Ill just call this train the R162 heh.

i think they used to be in service, cause i caught it a few times on the (2) and once on the <5>, but that was back in like 94, and 95. they're the reason why i call the R110a's the "silver (2)" cause they were the only (2) trains i've saw that wasn't redbirds at that time. but i'ma try to hit up the concourse yard sometime real soon, before they dip out!

<6>

Strange...notice how some R110As have the old (NYCT) logo, while the others have the newer (MTA) logo. Just something I just noticed....

_________

I'll have a look at them this weekend to see if they are still there. The second they move to Coney Island, nobody knows what will happen there.

i think they used to be in service, cause i caught it a few times on the (2) and once on the <5>, but that was back in like 94, and 95. they're the reason why i call the R110a's the "silver (2)" cause they were the only (2) trains i've saw that wasn't redbirds at that time. but i'ma try to hit up the concourse yard sometime real soon, before they dip out!

<6>

They were never in service, they were just in testing. When I was a kid in 94, I saw them opening up on the opposite way. Made be thought it was a robot lol

@Konvicted you better check em quick before they go byebye to CI

@S78 via Hylan/Backline Thanks! =)!

Archived