White back NYCTA artic

DOB2RTO

Normally the artic has a black rear grill area. However, this bus has been repainted, I believe the grill panel was replaced and painted white (it seems to be a new craze for the MTA)

Speaking of replacement, 5407 has a rear end like the high 55, all of the 56 and 5700 series artics. For that it must of had its tranny replaced with the ones the 2003 have. Too bad I didn't get the hear if it sounded like the 2003 artics or the older ones, when accelerating.

Normally the artic has a black rear grill area. However, this bus has been repainted, I believe the grill panel was replaced and painted white (it seems to be a new craze for the MTA)

I'm starting to wonder about the TA. Everything that doesn't get to dirty quickly is being painted white. Most things black (tires, fenders, and mud-flaps) are the things that get dirty the quickest. I think they are trying to tell us something. :P. HMMMmmmm, I wonder what could it be. :confused:. C-O-N-spiracy I say, lol.

Was on a break today and spotted that white back artic again on the M14D. I pulled my camera phone and shot a decent pic of it. I'll keep looking out for anymore and post them here. I believe this is the old Gun Hill artic now in service on the 14.

IMG00541.jpg

Archived