Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trainspotter

Kick Design Subway Map

What do the members of this forum think about Kick Design's Map.

Standard NYC Subway Map on left. New Kick Design NYC Subway Map on right.

1_midmanhattan_comparison.jpg

2_lowermanhattan_compa0002.jpg

3_brooklyn_comparison.jpg

4_queens_comparison.jpg

5_bronx_comparison.jpg

6_legend_comparison.jpg

7_wholemap_comparison.jpg

i dont like it. i have seen the subway maps change over the past 40 years and this on is not good.

The idea is modern, but I'm not liking how it's done very much... it seems too different, especially in the Rockaways.

I like it, but it doesn't look very geographically accurate (relatively) and uses mroe straight lines...I don't know. I don't think it should be official.

it looks kinda strange. it would be weird to see a new design in the subway map.

It looks cool, but I would stick to the current original subway map.

I like it, but it doesn't look very geographically accurate (relatively) and uses mroe straight lines...I don't know. I don't think it should be official.

I agree but then again the subway maps weren't made to look geographically correct anyway. But the straight lines do it for me too. I don't like it.

I like the current design. The new idea looks like we are going back to straight lines before the 80s. However, it is very colorful. The portrayal of the lines are not that distinct, and some lines have really exaggerated lines, like the L and A/C.

I actually like it because:

1. It tells you the stops with the free crossovers

2. each subway line has its own line so that way tourists would call the subway line by letter or number instead of color.

I recently got a book entitled "Transit Maps of the World" and it appears that "stylizing" transit maps is a big deal almost everywhere. I prefer the more geographically correct ones myself but it's possible the stylized ones might be easier for some to use.

I recently got a book entitled "Transit Maps of the World" and it appears that "stylizing" transit maps is a big deal almost everywhere. I prefer the more geographically correct ones myself but it's possible the stylized ones might be easier for some to use.

I heard about that book And I was planning on getting it. If you would like you can write a review about it in our reviews forum and let us know about it.

I heard about that book And I was planning on getting it. If you would like you can write a review about it in our reviews forum and let us know about it.

I'll try to do that in the near future. It's a nice "coffee table" book with a selection of transit maps over the years for a number of cities. Very enjoyable to look at but not for any actual travel.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.