Breaking News: R68 on the B line

trainfan22

this morning when i was on my r68a Q train at sheephead bay an R68 B train pulled in oppsite track! i guess this means that the r40/m and sltants are getting scapped and then coming back home i saw another set from my Q train so guess there are two sets on the B line today.

Well. yes this can mean 1 of 2 things:

1.) More Slants are disappearing; hence R68s will be used to fill in the gap Or

2.) The Slants and R40Ms that are usually utilizing the space the R68 took over for, is on the W, and the B is using the W's equipment. The B and W might have just swapped rolling stock.

this morning when i was on my r68a Q train at sheephead bay an R68 B train pulled in oppsite track! i guess this means that the r40/m and sltants are getting scapped and then coming back home i saw another set from my Q train so guess there are two sets on the B line today.

Thanks for the update and for posting. Next time try and get the car numbers.

Not breaking news man. From time to time, you just might have a set of R68/As come into service on the (:). Now, more R40s might be disappearing because 8900 R160Bs are actually coming in so CI Yard is starting to give more R40s the death note.

Now, when it becomes that there are 4 or more sets of R68/As on the (:D one of these days, then we know whats going on and know what to do.....

2.) The Slants and R40Ms that are usually utilizing the space the R68 took over for, is on the W, and the B is using the W's equipment. The B and W might have just swapped rolling stock.

I'm not sure about this one, the W is half R68/A as of now. I think option 1 is the more likely one, even though option 2 is still possible. OR it might have just been a service increase, who knows.

Oh yeah, definately if you're coming anytime soon. Next year might just be the year you'll see them go by bunches.

That's a relief. I want to get them on film so I can always remember one of my favorite cars. All glory to R40 Slant!

,______________

/_____________|

oo -----------oo

I had fun with the Slants 40's when I first became a T/O. I worked the L and M allot and they still had them back in 2001. The Tube on the L was the best, 55mph with out a problem. Now if I am not in CBTC I won't get over 42NB and 47SB. I had the last timer NB get me at 44mph NB, so from then on I don't race. In CBTC that's a different story, 53mph both ways with out think about it. It will be ashamed to see them go, even those the last time I had them was an RDO on the W at the start of the year.

Really a, 2500-2770 car number range?

The D returns to Brighton! :)

Ok they had another R68 on the Bravo today but it was a Coney Island One..

2870-2838..

Also two R40 Slants today on the November...

4226 on one Motor and 4376 on another..

Ahh ok. Thanks. Ya when I departed New York For a weeks for school back in mid September, the N was strictly R160A/B and R68/A

The N had some R40/M trainsets running,now most of the N line is R68 and

R160B with an R160A-2 trainset.the R40/M that ran on the N line are going to

the B/W lines.

Archived