My Fantasy Subway Map - version 5.0.0

Concourse Express

***warning: VERY long post***

Over a year ago, I presented to the Strappies community a few versions of my fantasy map, which were refined as suggestions were made. Since I had plenty of spare time over the past year, I took the opportunity to revamp the map completely. I shall give you - the NYCTF community - the first look at the latest version of my fantasy map, followed by the service patterns.

(remember, this fantasy map is simply a pictorial collection of ideas; I know most of these ideas are out of reach due to cost, NIMBY's, etc. Also, 'shadyelstation' is my Strappies/SubChat handle; I was too lazy to change it to my NYCTF handle.)

Enjoy!!

FantasyMapV500.png

Service Patterns

(0) 42 St Shuttle

Re-designated as the (0), which I believe is the official designation. Service unchanged.

(1)7th Ave Local

Service unchanged.

(2)7th Ave Express

Service extended to Avenue U - Kings Plaza; otherwise unchanged.

(3)7th Ave Express

Service extended to the Bronx. Also, late night shuttle cut to 96 St. New full-length station at 145 St (below existing station) absorbs functionality of 148 St station. Otherwise no changes.

(9)7th Ave Local

137 St to South Ferry, rush hours and middays.

Will supplement the (1) and discharge pax at South Ferry LOOP and re-enter service at Rector St N/B. This is done due to limitations of the new terminal.

(4)Lexington Ave Express

Service unchanged.

(5)Lexington Ave Express

Service extended to Avenue U - Kings Plaza in Brooklyn. Late night shuttles extended to 149 St - Grand Concourse; trains use 138 St middle to turn. Rest of pattern unchanged.

(6)/<6> Lexington Ave Local (Pelham Local/Express)

Service unchanged.

(7)/<7> Flushing Local/Express

Service extended in BOTH directions; downtown to Chelsea Piers, uptown to Whitestone. While express service is operating, expresses run to Whitestone and locals turn at Main St.

(A)/(K) 8th Ave Express

Service unchanged; (A) trains denote the Rockaway branch trains (including the Rockaway Park Specials); (K) trains denote the Lefferts branch trains.

(C)8th Ave Local

Service unchanged.

(E)8th Ave Local

Service extended to Linden Blvd; otherwise unchanged.

(H)Rockaway Park Shuttle

New letter designation; extended to Rockaway Blvd (I know the switches are west of 88 St, but trains will discharge at Rockaway Blvd). Service to Rockaway Blvd 18/7; service to Broad Channel only late nights. While (A) Rock Pk Specials are running, some trains might turn at Broad Channel.

(:(6th Ave Express

Bedford Park Blvd to Brighton Beach, 18/7. Via Concourse/CPW Local and 6th Ave/Brighton Express.

(D)6th Ave Express

Service extended to Co-op City: Bay Plaza. Trains run express 18/7; late nights via Concourse and CPW Local and 6th Ave/4th Ave Express.

[All of my fantasy maps, including this one, share a common theme - the Grand Concourse line as a four-track subway.]

(F)6th Ave Local

Service extended to Springfield Blvd. Also, trains run express in Brooklyn weekdays. Otherwise, pattern is unchanged.

(V)6th Ave Local

Service extended to Church Ave. Operates weekdays only.

(G)Brooklyn - Queens Crosstown

Court Sq to Church Ave, weekdays; extended to Forest Hills (for real!) nights and weekends. Will utilize full-length trains.

(J)Nassau St Express

Merrick Blvd to Broad St, all times. Peak express service between Woodhaven Blvd and Marcy Ave rush hours and between B'way Junction and Marcy Ave middays; other times all local stops. Also, Fulton St alignment replaced by Jamaica Ave alignment to speed service.

(M)Nassau St Local

Metropolitan Ave to Broad St weekdays; service to Myrtle Ave only nights and weekends.

(Z)Nassau St Local

Merrick Blvd to Broad St, rush hours.

Service from Atlantic Ave to Broad St, middays. All trains run local.

(Atlantic Ave will be partly rebuilt to allow short-turning of (L) trains and midday turning of (Z) trains).

(L)14 St - Canarsie Local

Service unchanged.

(N)Broadway Express

Service from Fordham Plaza to Coney Island, all times. Express in Manhattan and Brooklyn 18/7; nights express only between 57 St and Canal St. All trains run via Manhattan Bridge 24/7.

(Q)Broadway Express

Ditmars Blvd to Coney Island, all times. Express in Manhattan weekdays; all local stops nights and weekends. Service via Manhattan Bridge 18/7; late nights via Montague.

(R)Broadway Local

Late night shuttle extended to Whitehall St; otherwise service unchanged.

(W)Broadway Local

Service unchanged.

(S)Franklin Ave Shuttle

Service unchanged.

(T)2 Ave Local

Broadway/125 St to Hanover Sq, all times. Service extended to 86 St, Brooklyn rush hours and middays (to prevent delays, each other (T) train will turn at Hanover Sq).

(U) 2 Ave Local

Bell Blvd to Bedford-Nostrand Aves, all times. Despite depiction on map, (U) service does not meet Queens Blvd IND; 36 St station is on a lower level and 35 Ave station is built along a new ROW adjacent to the Queens Blvd Express ROW.

(X) Triborough Local

Yankee Stadium to Bklyn Army Terminal, all times.

This is the so-called "Triboro RX" line, with a slightly modified alignment (Bronx portion).

For the record, "service unchanged" only refers to service patterns, not service frequencies.

*phew* that's was a lot! Anyway, feel free to discuss! ;)

Your hard work on this shows ,I'm impressed with your views on this

(L)uis19 gotta check this out maybe you's to can collab and come up with some great ideas but again (E)xcellent work

U line :tup::tup:

X :tup::tup:

(7) you came up with an idea for the (NYCT)to look at

U going East and <7> going (N)(W)est CPT:tup::tup:

Great Job dude :tup::tup:(K)<R>

Thanks for your input and compliments guys!! ;)

Oh and also, why not switch (N) and (U), so (U) stays on 2nd Ave?

(N) to Bronx and (U) to Queens serves two purposes. The (N) Bronx extension gives The Bronx an East Side-Midtown service which it currently doesn't have; the (U) to Queens provides direct access to the East Side from Queens.

I am loving the (F) extension to Springfield Bkvd the most;)

Superb job.

Whys the X so friggin long?

Thanks. The (X) is the Triboro RX plan, a plan to convert an abandoned freight ROW into a subway line that connects outlying areas of The Bronx, Queens, and Brooklyn to almost all existing subway lines. Because of this, its a pretty long line.

Some cool ideas (that we'll probably never see unfortunately), I've always liked the Triboro RX plan (X train), although you wouldn't want a stop at 62nd Ave / Juniper Park or Caldwell Ave. The only stop that would be useful between Metro and Grand Aves would be Eliot Ave.

Interesting suggestion. If I have time I will reexamine connections to buses and distances between stations to see if such a modification could work.

Your hard work on this shows ,I'm impressed with your views on this

(L)uis19 gotta check this out maybe you's to can collab and come up with some great ideas but again (E)xcellent work

U line :tup::tup:

X :tup::tup:

(7) you came up with an idea for the (NYCT)to look at

U going East and <7> going (N)(W)est CPT:tup::tup:

Great Job dude :tup::tup:(K)<R>

Thank you very much!! :)

I don't know if he edited his post since, but he does mention that he's shadyelstation.

Yes, I am 'shadyelstation' of Strappies/SubChat, and I have posted fantasy maps there before. The map I posted in this thread is my latest version, which was completed very recently.

Yes, I am 'shadyelstation' of Strappies/SubChat, and I have posted fantasy maps there before. The map I posted in this thread is my latest version, which was completed very recently.

Were you the fellow that I sent an album to?

1. Gotta love the Triboro RX, serving the Bronx, Queens and Brooklyn. The (G) won't be alone. :tup: :tup:!

2. The (7) and (U) trains are very funny, the (7) seems to be about to go on the Whkitestone Bridge, while the (U) seems to be shooting for Nassau Co. (Mind it, it is imagination)...

Indeed, that is true. Not only that, the (2)/(5) extension could theoretically go further out to the Rockaways (I don't think they should, though...)

Were you the fellow that I sent an album to?

Album? I don't recall...

The (D) to Co-Op That is something i would do! For the (X) at least it can stop at Wards Island, since there is a Hospital there and of course the huge track/field. Tho Nice map

For the (7) in manhattan, now I know how it could look for the (7) Extension ;)

btw wasnt there some Fantasy forum here?

you do know the bay ridge line is NOT abanonded right? that NYA uses it every day and is an important part of keeping thousands of trucks off our streets daily? not to mention the only rail connection between the subway and the rest of the world.

That is true; I should have said "Partially abandoned freight line"

For the record, I'm not suggesting replacing the NYA ROW with the (X); rather, I'm suggesting the (X) run alongside the NYA ROW on separate trackage.

The (D) to Co-Op That is something i would do! For the (X) at least it can stop at Wards Island, since there is a Hospital there and of course the huge track/field. Tho Nice map

I don't think presence of the hospital would generate enough ridership to warrant a station there; I could be wrong.

If there was a Fantasy forum here I probably didn't look hard enough...

I don't think presence of the hospital would generate enough ridership to warrant a station there; I could be wrong.

If there was a Fantasy forum here I probably didn't look hard enough...

It would see heavy traffic though, when there are track meets at Icahn Stadium on Randall's.

There WAS a fantasy forum. Key word WAS.

Thanks. The (X) is the Triboro RX plan, a plan to convert an abandoned freight ROW into a subway line that connects outlying areas of The Bronx, Queens, and Brooklyn to almost all existing subway lines. Because of this, its a pretty long line.

It's not abandoned: it's the LIRR Bay Ridge Branch (even though NYA handles the LIRR's freight), and it is still in use albeit not very frequently.

Excellent job with the map shadyelstation :P

Always great seeing your work. :tup:

Looks good, nice work!

Thanks guys!! :D

It's not abandoned: it's the LIRR Bay Ridge Branch (even though NYA handles the LIRR's freight), and it is still in use albeit not very frequently.

True. For the record, my plan for the (X) is that it runs alongside the Bay Ridge/NYA ROW; it does not replace the freight line.

For the (7) in manhattan, now I know how it could look for the (7) Extension :P

The Bay Ridge ROW leads to the Hell Gate Bridge, from Sunnyside to the Bronx where the (X) would cut off. On Randall's Island, the Hell Gate Bridge ROW isn't very close to the hospital, and even farther away from ICAHN stadium. Putting a subway station on Randall's/Ward's Island might be of some use but I'm not sure.

Archived