7th Ave messed up all morning

Matt91

Due to a train with ongoing mechanical problems at*the Park Place Station: (2)

train*service is*running on the (5)*line between the 149th Street-Grand Concourse Station and the Nevins Street Station in both directions.*

Selected Flatbush Avenue-bound (2)*trains are running between the Wakefield-241st Street Station and the*14th*Street Station.

There are no (3)*trains in both directions between the Times Square-42nd Street Station and the Nevins Street Station.

Apparently this is big because it's been going on since 930am. Anyone know what happened?

I heard it was a (2) train. The R142 derailed!!! Wow, NTT epic fail!

I'd only call it an NTT "fail" if it was because of specific technology that is only in the NTTs. Until that's ruled the case, trains do derail sometimes. Didn't an R68 derail earlier this year? And an R160 a while back? It does happen, and thankfully, not as often as the '80s.

Oh snap!

Whenever derailments occur, don't they also inspect the train that previously passed through the area?

Yes they do. Same thing when a train encounters a body on the tracks, they check the previous train for signs of damage (broken pipe work, blood, people parts and the like).

Track prolly came loose or something, there's an extremely tight curve on the uptown side of that station, always thought there might be an issue there some day. Hope no one was injured, and if so not seriously.

Anyone know what the cause is?

- A

If it was an R62, then I would have not been so surprised. And to whoever said an R160 derailed a while back, you've got to be kidding me. The next thing you know, the trains willhave steering wheels and drive themselves onto the street. :eek:

I'd only call it an NTT "fail" if it was because of specific technology that is only in the NTTs. Until that's ruled the case, trains do derail sometimes. Didn't an R68 derail earlier this year? And an R160 a while back? It does happen, and thankfully, not as often as the '80s.

yea on the Brooklyn-bound R68 (D) train south of 81 St-Museum of Natural History, and an R160 Brooklyn-bound (N) train last year north of the 57 St/7 Av Station.

If it was an R62, then I would have not been so surprised. And to whoever said an R160 derailed a while back, you've got to be kidding me. The next thing you know, the trains willhave steering wheels and drive themselves onto the street. :eek:

lmao that would be hilarious.

The Redbirds tried to do that at 239th St Yard. It was the MTA's prototype :P

As expected, here is the emergency G.O. regarding this:

2 trains run in two sections:

1. Between 241 and Chambers Sts

2. Between Chambers St and Flatbush Av, every 30 minutes To continue your trip, transfer at Chambers St Late Night, Oct 20, 12:01 AM to 5 AM, Tuesday

There will probably be a slow speed order over there. Who knows, but they will make sure that track is good tonight.

The (N) train that derailed at 57th St. was over a year ago. But sadly the NTT's are to blame here; there was a press release a few months ago about how the (MTA) was having problems with the NTT's new "jump off track if rail is not in correct position" feature which the older cars didn't have.

The (N) train that derailed at 57th St. was over a year ago. But sadly the NTT's are to blame here; there was a press release a few months ago about how the (MTA) was having problems with the NTT's new "jump off track if rail is not in correct position" feature which the older cars didn't have.

How can you come to a conclusion on the cause of this incident?

The Redbirds tried to do that at 239th St Yard. It was the MTA's prototype :P

You're right. It DID!!! ROTFL!!!!

Really? (Not being sarcastic either.)

I wonder why these so-called rail enthusiasts are getting hyped over subway cars that can't even stay on the track most of the time. :confused:

Really? (Not being sarcastic either.)

I wonder why these so-called rail enthusiasts are getting hyped over subway cars that can't even stay on the track most of the time. :confused:

Yes, "so called". Real enthusiasts or at least those with some common sense would understand that train derailments naturally occur due to a number of factors.

Archived