Your Favorite And Least Favorite Airports And Airlines

JFK always! You got AirTrain access at no cost within the terminals with a great rail fan view lol..

I like: JetBlue! A lot cheaper! You get a TV and free Headset, a better one for a $1 of course.

I dislike: American Airline, too much money and more like a high class.

Alternative for me: Greyhound and if not the Train! Though I never took the train for long distance, since Amtraks cost is a bit high. I go to the south with family to visit my other family sometimes and we use Plane or bus, maybe next time train =)!

• 2 months later...

Honestly, the best airport I've ever been to (I haven't been to that many) was Tampa Int'l in Florida. (obviously.) When you get off the plane there, the amazing terminal design and interesting little shuttle-trams from the "airsides" to terminals quickly distract you from the weather, which is nice when you're out at the beach, but not so nice otherwise. (I'm a cool weather fan, haha.) The times I've gone through there, it's always a breeze to get from check-in to the gate, and it's just all in all a really cool and inviting place.

Honestly, my least favorite is JFK, at least for the Delta terminals. The international arrivals area is like a series of catacombs, and back when I had to pick up someone from down there at the time, my cell phone (damn t-mobile) kept loosing reception in half of the areas. What's cool about JFK of course is the air-train though, and Terminal 4 is evidently really nice. I realize it's a huge airport, so I'm only going to vouch for my ~huge~ dislike of terminals 2 & 3.

Hartford's airport is also really nice, and I think Newark is pretty decent, it's air train seems to get no love, haha.

(M)(D)-11 and (A)irbus (A)380

Emirates got some nice planes

You actually like that Whale (the A380) in the sky? Heh, everyone has their own likes so who am I to question that (but still, lol).

Me personally, I'm not too much of an Airbus fan, I'm more of a Boeing man. :)

You actually like that Whale (the A380) in the sky? Heh, everyone has their own likes so who am I to question that (but still, lol).

Me personally, I'm not too much of an Airbus fan, I'm more of a Boeing man. :)

I think it would be really cool to fly on one. I've mostly flown on the MD-88 which I think is cool just 'cos of it's rapid ascent. I flew on a Lockheed L-1011 once (Delta) out of Atlanta, and I just thought that was really cool being on such a huge plane for a short flight. (just up the east coast.)

I really wish I had the time and money to fly on some of these planes just for fun, and of course I <3 traveling.

Oh by the way, do you guys remember "Delta Express" that used to fly out of Islip-MacArthur? It was an early variation of the 737 I think, but I remember flying down to FL in one back in the day, and I guess a warning light came on the cockpit, and the captain told us "not to worry about the fire engines we'll see while landing." ...haha.

Anyone ever flown Aeroflot?

haha, my grandparents and aunt talk about flying it back to Russia, and how bad the service and experience was.

• 2 weeks later...

Favorite airports:

Hong Kong

Hyderabad

JFK T4

Zurich

Madrid

Seattle

Least favorite:

Delhi

Mumbai/Bombay

Dubai

JFK T2/3 - yes, two very different terminals in the same airport.

Favorite airlines:

Emirates

Air-India

Continental

Swissair (wish they were still around)

Kingfisher

Jet Airways

Least favorite airlines:

American

Iberia

Spirit

My favorite domestic flight was Continental Airlines from LGA to CLE.

I remember on my first domestic flight on December 18th, 2007, I had window seat, but sun was shining too bright. I remember there was nice pretty lady sitting next to me. I had good conversation and when it arrive at Cleveland International Airport, which was my first time, so she show me the way to luggage craim area because it was HUGE airport then NY Metro area when I met Uncle Steve (not uncle, sort of relatives) who took me ride to their home in Akron, OH.

On my return trip on March 17th, 2008 was also nice ride, but window seat, sun was in the way. My airplane was very snow.

I don't remember if this was enroute to CLE flight or returning to LGA.

100113-190926.jpg

100113-194425.jpg

Favorite Airports:

LaGuardia Airport- Security and Continental Airline staffs were nice.

Cleveland International Airport- It was so HUGE, so I stayed near my Continental Flight and I believe I was Terminal (D). I almost miss my flight, because it started boarding early.

• 2 weeks later...

Favourites -

Airlines: Virgin Atlantic. Branson must run the rule over all the stewardesses before hiring them as they're all about 28, blonde and all the rest. Good entertainment as well and they bring you a Ben & Jerry's ice cream during the movies.

Airports: Hmm, the smaller ones where you can go from taxiing to the gate to being out on the kerb looking for the the bus stop/station within about 15 minutes.

Least favourites:

Airlines: United - dire.

Airports: Heathrow - garbage, garbage, GARBAGE. Manchester (UK) - Baggage handlers routinely take 40 minutes to offload a half-full regional jet when it's the only plane in sight. Commonly has two people on the immigration desks at peak morning arrival times. Luv it.

Me personally, I'm not too much of an Airbus fan, I'm more of a Boeing man. ;)

I'm more of a Boeing fan too, but I just gotta love that A380. :cool:

As for favorite airports, (I don't fly a lot, just lots of time spent on the simulator)

-KJFK (JFK)

-KLGA (La Guardia)

-PHNL (Honolulu)

-VHHX (Kai Tak, China)

-KDFW (Dallas - Fort Worth)

-KMCO (Orlando Int'l)

-Princess Juliana Int'l (Forgot the ICAO to this one)

There's been a few others along the way that I can't remember.

I can accounter for several because I've traveled so much, but here are my favorite airports:

Charles de Gaulle (CDG) Paris, France.

-Probably the best around for signage (both French and English) with direct access to RER and TGV high speed train stations.

John F. Kennedy (JFK)

-Everytime I fly through there, it seems to me that service is nice, maybe I'm just lucky... AirTrain is great for access to subway.

Riga Int'l Airport (RIX) Riga, Latvia

- My home airport. Flown through there many times, the expansion is looking great and soon accessible by rail.

Airlines:

Lufthansa

Uzbekistan Airways

AirBaltic

AA

Scandinavian Airlines

Archived