Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

Oh I see now. You'll probably get called soon.

Hope so just wondering if when the letters arrive...the drug test date is at least a week later and not like the next day. Been away since Friday morning and won't be able to check mail til Tues afternoon so again paranoid.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just found out I am finally on an outstanding certification. Those who have received a letter for drug test...was the date to go for drug test a week later after getting the letter in the mail? I know this is a silly question but just asking because I haven't been at my mailing address since Friday morning.

I don't pay the outstanding certification any mind because I was on it after I did my drug test now I'm not lol and my medical is coming up soon... so I dont pay it any mind

I don't pay the outstanding certification any mind because I was on it after I did my drug test now I'm not lol and my medical is coming up soon... so I dont pay it any mind

hey they just took me off certification for no reason. They haven't reached my list number yet.

hey they just took me off certification for no reason. They haven't reached my list number yet.

Don't pay it any mind call employment tomorrow and see when do they think they will reach your number. The thing is that no one truly knows what it means I've been getting mixed answers about what it really mean so I call employment to see where I stand.

Don't pay it any mind call employment tomorrow and see when do they think they will reach your number. The thing is that no one truly knows what it means I've been getting mixed answers about what it really mean so I call employment to see where I stand.

I think some of DCAS own employees don't know. But I will call tomorrow and see where they are at. I don't like to bother them knowing its a process.

Anyone think they will hire from list 6200?

Hey sweety no disrespect but can you call them and ask? I think that would be your best bet. Asking the same answers isn't making any sense. Do you need the number?

Hey sweety no disrespect but can you call them and ask? I think that would be your best bet. Asking the same answers isn't making any sense. Do you need the number?

Questions***

I just got my letter to come to 180 Livingston st for the pre employment process my list number was 5394

I scored 95 on the exam I do work for the board of education now but I would leave for the Mta job

Based on the past three [3] pages of this thread/topic, I can sense a fight is going to happen.Therefore, please stop this immediately!!

If not, disciplinary action will be taken, respectively.

In addition, the next day I have off from work, I will take some time, read the last couple of pages of this thread/topic, and I should be able to answer if not all, most of the questions you folks may have, including from a mathematical prospective.

Thank you!!

They will eventually. There's no exact time. Getting hired for the MTA or city job is a waiting game. I would say 90% of the hiring process is a waiting game. Just sit tight, stay out of trouble and, you'll get hired. 

I think some of DCAS own employees don't know. But I will call tomorrow and see where they are at. I don't like to bother them knowing its a process.

What you need to realize is that the city is made up of several agencies. (If you Google this, you will get some lists, which will give you an idea.) Although DCAS handles the civil service exams for most of the agencies (one exception is NYC Transit), they are just another agency. Therefore, they don't know, argument sake, how fast DOT is hiring, nor how fast the NYPD nor the FDNY are hiring, etc.

I will agree that getting hired, either for the city or the MTA is a waiting game. Back in February of 2014, when I was in the 10-day training session, one of my classmates, who was working for MaBSTOA, waited 5 years to get called for that position, ever since taking the BOSS exam.

Anyone think they will hire from list 6200?

I mean will they reach list number 6200? I know they are up to 4870 right now. The exam is expiring in 10 months!!!! I doubt they will reach list 6000

First of all, please be careful as far as what you say. The exam number and the list number in which they are up to are two different things. In addition, if you're unable to correct your own typographical errors, either myself or one of the other moderators can do so with no problem.

If we look at this from a mathematical prospective:

Even though the class size is 40, I am going to increase this number to 50, since 10 people who were on the list either changed their minds, failed the drug and/or medical examinations, etc.

As of now, the list is supposed to expire in February of 2017 (10 months from now). If they hold one class a month, 50 multiplied by 10 equals 500. 4870 plus 500 equals 5370. Even if they were to have two [2] classes instead of one, 4870 plus 1000 equals 5870.

However, note that, for purposes of my calculations, only 10 [ten] people either changed their minds or failed one of the pre-employment tests. If more people either change their minds or fail the tests, then there is a greater chance that any higher list numbers, including 6,200, will be reached.

What number did you call?

What number should I call?

For those who took this exam, as a courtesy, DCAS provides an update with the last appointed and certified list numbers from their prospective. If you wish to obtain this information, dial (212) 669 1357, press 2, enter your social security number, and follow the prompts.

Archived