Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you guys who work for the city is well off, when I was in T/O schoolcar I had 3 class mates who worked for the city and they were allowed 1 year leave...

I was even more lucky because i work for the city because i didn't have to fill that 21 page packet since mine is on record with DCAS already for the job i have now. 

Tdevon, who knows we might have the same class if I decide to go thru this.

Hey you never know lol. 

Oh got it!

Tdevon did they mention anything about when the last class would be? When I went 2 weeks ago they said last class would be November or December

There will be classes for November and December she didn't mention dates. 

On another note, people make sure you pay your tickets. I seen at least 6 people were turned away because of over due parking tickets. 

I was even more lucky because i work for the city because i didn't have to fill that 21 page packet since mine is on record with DCAS already for the job i have now.

Hey you never know lol.

On another note, people make sure you pay your tickets. I seen at least 6 people were turned away because of over due parking tickets.

Good luck to you new guys in the next class. See you on the road.

Yes, there will be classes in November and December.

As far as parking tix and whatnot are concerned, make sure you have that straightened out or they'll hold you back. You won't be guaranteed a spot in the new incoming class.

Hey you never know lol.

Lucky you, bro. I hated filling that thing out.

Good luck to you new guys in the next class. See you on the road.

Yes, there will be classes in November and December.

As far as parking tix and whatnot are concerned, make sure you have that straightened out or they'll hold you back. You won't be guaranteed a spot in the new incoming class.

Lucky you, bro. I hated filling that thing out.

I know I finally get a perk working for the city lol.

I hate my current job. I hate everything about it. It's a nightmare going to work everyday. Even when I am off i am miserable

Lisa, what do you do that's so bad? Since you're probably exaggerating the truth any way. You're not fooling anybody.

I know I finally get a perk working for the city lol.

Right LOL! I hope we bump into each other.

During the first day of pre employment process is there a interview part or its all paperwork. Jma did you had to have a 1on1 interview at any part of the process I'm asking because you're done with the whole process and got your date for school

During the first day of pre employment process is there a interview part or its all paperwork. Jma did you had to have a 1on1 interview at any part of the process I'm asking because you're done with the whole process and got your date for school

pre-employment they check your paper work and send you to do your drug test if all your paperwork seems in order. They check to make sure you cross all your "t's" and dot your "I's". The real background check won't take place until your in training.

pre-employment they check your paper work and send you to do your drug test if all your paperwork seems in order. They check to make sure you cross all your "t" and dot your "I". The real background check won't take place until your in training.

Thanks for answering also I had a name change since I took the test but I have all the court documents stating the name change you think that'll be a problem?

No. Your one-on-one doesn't come till after you go for your medical and final processing. At that point they swear you in. The first step is all paper work and drug test if everything is in order.

pre-employment they check your paper work and send you to do your drug test if all your paperwork seems in order. They check to make sure you cross all your "t's" and dot your "I's". The real background check won't take place until your in training.

That is correct. They don't start investigating you until you start School Car. Make sure you have NO unpaid tix or that will hold you up. You better hope they don't place you on medical hold if something comes up after you complete the medical.

Thanks for answering also I had a name change since I took the test but I have all the court documents stating the name change you think that'll be a problem?

You're welcome, bro. No problem. That's why I'm here. No it will not. As long as you have all of the legal documentation stating the change they it won't jam you up because they are going to ask you that. The TA want to know EVERYTHING just like the police & I stress that word very much.

No. Your one-on-one doesn't come till after you go for your medical and final processing. At that point they swear you in. The first step is all paper work and drug test if everything is in order.

That is correct. They don't start investigating you until you start School Car. Make sure you have NO unpaid tix or that will hold you up. You better hope they don't place you on medical hold if something comes up after you complete the medical.

You're welcome, bro. No problem. That's why I'm here. No it will not. As long as you have all of the legal documentation stating the change they it won't jam you up because they are going to ask you that. The TA want to know EVERYTHING just like the police & I stress that word very much.

that's my only worry is about a medical hold. The good thing is my doctor is down the block from 180 Livingston. I spoke to a station Cleaner and he said it's best to go the same day to your doctor. The faster your clear the medical hold the better.

I would make sure all documents reflect the change I believe someone today had an issue and was told to come back once they fixed it.

that's my only worry is about a medical hold. The good thing is my doctor is down the block from 180 Livingston. I spoke to a station Cleaner and he said it's best to go the same day to your doctor. The faster your clear the medical hold the better.

I would make sure all documents reflect the change I believe someone today had an issue and was told to come back once they fixed it.

Correct again. If you DO NOT have that taken care of ASAP it will only delay the process even longer. It's all up to YOU! Keep that in mind.

This question is about my friend who's also is going with me tomorrow for the pre employment process. He's freaking out because he has no work history would that affect him or would they question him about it? Sorry if I'm asking to much question just a bit nervous. Thanks in advance guys

I had the same issue the first time I went. I couldn't find my SS card at home so I had to leave and come back. I went to the SS office the same day and applied for a new one. Got it a week later and had to call them back to take my first drug test. I went back the Wednesday of the week I got my new card in the mail and took my drug test. I was not waiting any longer. Do the same!

This question is about my friend who's also is going with me tomorrow for the pre employment process. He's freaking out because he has no work history would that affect him or would they question him about it? Sorry if I'm asking to much question just a bit nervous. Thanks in advance guys

No it's fine. All he's gonna have to put down on the paper work is unemployed. That's all. He'll have to state if he was in school or not that whole time, too. Ask away, bro. Again, that's why I'm here.

I had the same issue the first time I went. I couldn't find my SS card at home so I had to leave and come back. I went to the SS office the same day and applied for a new one. Got it a week later and had to call them back to take my first drug test. I went back the Wednesday of the week I got my new card in the mail and took my drug test. I was not waiting any longer. Do the same!

No it's fine. All he's gonna have to put down on the paper work is unemployed. That's all. He'll have to state if he was in school or not that whole time, too. Ask away, bro. Again, that's why I'm here.

especially the way it's going with the list expiring the calandar is working against us lol.

Yep. Right again. Time is working against you & not with you. The list will be up some time in December or January so like I keep on stressing to you all get your shit together NOW or it'll be too late!

unless if it was for train operator I wouldn't worry. Train Operators must have seven years of just work experience. They will have him or her state in the paper work that they were unemployed.

Yep. Right again. Time is working against you & not with you. The list will be up some time in December or January so like I keep on stressing to you all get your shit together NOW or it'll be too late!

Trust me I know. They couldn't express that enough in the orientation.

unless if it was for train operator I wouldn't worry. Train Operators must have seven years of just work experience. They will have him or her state in the paper work that they were unemployed.

Trust me I know. They couldn't express that enough in the orientation.

Tell them to put down whatever they can remember or they can go to the SS office and get a copy of their entire work history. It'll cost them some money though. It's worth it in the end.

Around what time you guys think would be best I arrive tomorrow it starts at 7:30am

Get there around a little after 6. Like 6:15 would be good. No time after 6:30 because that line in front of 180 gets very long very fast. No exaggeration.

I got there at 6am. I was the first one in and out at 1pm. Be prepared it gets crowded fast and, those damn seats are uncomfortable lol.

Same here. The latest I ever had to stick around till was 12:15 & that's only because I was talking to someone there that I knew. The day of my medical I was there till almost 4 in the afternoon. Be prepared for a LONG day!

Get there around a little after 6. Like 6:15 would be good. No time after 6:30 because that line in front of 180 gets very long very fast. No exaggeration.

I stood in front of the building and before I could blink the line was forming behind me. Also bring a snack and a bottle of water with you. I ended talking to a cool guy from the train Operators forum who was going in for medical.

Archived