Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the ideal blood pressure the mta wants you to have?

Anywhere from 110/70 to 130/90. Anything below, or above this requires a doctor's note.

(Hint: Sprinkle some cinnamon onto your food - this will help lower your blood pressure. If you don't believe me, just Google this.)

So did everybody get their stuff for class? I just ordered my socks and white t-shirts on Amazon this morning. My light blue Dickies shirts are at the dry cleaners.

Anywhere from 110/70 to 130/90. Anything below, or above this requires a doctor's note.

(Hint: Sprinkle some cinnamon onto your food - this will help lower your blood pressure. If you don't believe me, just Google this.)

Cinnamon

Cinnamon is another tasty seasoning that requires little effort to include in your daily diet, and it may bring your blood pressure numbers down. Consuming cinnamon every day has been shown to lower blood pressure in people with diabetes. Include more cinnamon in your diet by sprinkling it on your breakfast cereal, oatmeal, and even in your coffee. At dinner, cinnamon enhances the flavor of stir-fries, curries, and stews.

- www.healthline.com

really? just curious what can cunductors do in the yard besides hand throw switches and flagging>? how aften would a conductor report to the yard for training? ..so basically training for a conductor is 4-6 weeks and then your out on the road posting with a senior?

Conductors, by rule, prepare the train for service when assigned for a put-in and are responsible for checking the doors and both conductor's positions, as well as walking through the train to make sure all doors are open, guard lights (interior and exterior) and fault lights are working.

If you don't understand all of this, it will be explained in schoolcar.

If there is no C/R on the put in, then it is the Train Operator's responsibility to do this.

Conductors are usually assigned to put ins that go in service immediately after leaving the yard. Trains that are "put in" and then a different crew makes the trip with that train, usually only a Train Operator will be assigned to the put-in.

Conductors, by rule, prepare the train for service when assigned for a put-in and are responsible for checking the doors and both conductor's positions, as well as walking through the train to make sure all doors are open, guard lights (interior and exterior) and fault lights are working.

If you don't understand all of this, it will be explained in schoolcar.

If there is no C/R on the put in, then it is the Train Operator's responsibility to do this.

Conductors are usually assigned to put ins that go in service immediately after leaving the yard. Trains that are "put in" and then a different crew makes the trip with that train, usually only a Train Operator will be assigned to the put-in.

Exactly and I cannot wait!

Lol, Eric is right not in a bad way just to prepare yourself for 6-8 weeks of WTF...it will all fall into place. .some people will be wtf did I get myself into

I know. It'll be fine. Just do what you're told and study. That's it. I'm good.

I'm in school car now and what subwayguy and most of the vets on here are saying is very accurate. You hear a lot of the same things when you visit different terminals but the most important thing EVERYONE stresses is to be on time. I have 2 TSS who have 15 pus years on so the are very informative. The only advice I can offer at this point is to read your material. If you have any questions ASK. If you still don't get it ask AGAIN. My practical and midterm is next week and I'm looking forward to it. After all these weeks my mind set is bring it on. If you put in the work then it should be no problem. Yeah nerves play a part ( for the practical) but I'm like whatever I got this.. I just can't wait to be out and learn even more on the road.

I'm in school car now and what subwayguy and most of the vets on here are saying is very accurate. You hear a lot of the same things when you visit different terminals but the most important thing EVERYONE stresses is to be on time. I have 2 TSS who have 15 pus years on so the are very informative. The only advice I can offer at this point is to read your material. If you have any questions ASK. If you still don't get it ask AGAIN. My practical and midterm is next week and I'm looking forward to it. After all these weeks my mind set is bring it on. If you put in the work then it should be no problem. Yeah nerves play a part ( for the practical) but I'm like whatever I got this.. I just can't wait to be out and learn even more on the road.

Thank you for the advice. You must be excited.

Good. I'm hoping to do B Division because I live on Long Island.

I'm hoping to get A Division. Where in LI? That's where I'm originally from.

That's great advice can some of the vets here let's us new comers know what we should really focus on.

Good idea.

We had a choice. It wasn't that many A division slots. Maybe like 15-20.

Did you ask for A or B Division?

@Happygolucky, thanks for the info.

Good luck with the practical and mid term. Keep us posted. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Did all the conductor trainees go to one division or was there a choice?

Same here. Good luck, bro.

Thanks. I got to choose. I wanted the B division. Some people who wanted the A just wasn't fortunate enough. By the time it's was their time to select it was filled up. Oh you also have to choose you pay location. Until you get direct deposit but you still have to get you w2's from there.

Thanks. I got to choose. I wanted the B division. Some people who wanted the A just wasn't fortunate enough. By the time it's was their time to select it was filled up. Oh you also have to choose you pay location. Until you get direct deposit but you still have to get you w2's from there.

No problem. You're welcome. Like I said I really want the A Division. The 7 train is pretty close to my house.

Lol, Eric is right not in a bad way just to prepare yourself for 6-8 weeks of WTF...it will all fall into place. .some people will be wtf did I get myself into

during my training for conductor with SIRTOA I had a classmate who resigned on the first day. With NYCT I had a classmate resign after a few days. As a train operator I had one do the same, resigned after a week.

during my training for conductor with SIRTOA I had a classmate who resigned on the first day. With NYCT I had a classmate resign after a few days. As a train operator I had one do the same, resigned after a week.

The eff? Why? They couldn't handle it or they couldn't handle getting yelled at?

I had one guy in my train operator school car class who resigned after 2 weeks. These jobs are not for everybody. Some people don't have jobs that will allow them to take an extended leave of absence. Some people don't like working nights, weekends, and holidays. Conductor school car isn't half as bad as Train Operator school car but never the less your TSS's will definitely try to scare you in the very beginning in terms of giving you examples of how one mistake on your part can lead to the end of your career with the MTA. This alone might make someone in your class quit. You have to be mentally strong to survive down here.

Archived