Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

And just to weed people out they may call close to the start of the class. So I'd be on my P's and Q's, don't give them a reason to hold you up. Remember Mrs Vargas said this job is yours to loose -- this applies to the pre-employment as well.

Yup they would call a week before class is scheduled just to catch people. That's why I am going to keep jogging monitor my blood pressure drink plenty of water and stay out of trouble.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate my current job. I hate everything about it. It's a nightmare going to work everyday. Even when I am off i am miserable

Lisa what kinda of work you do

Lisa, what do you do that's so bad? Since you're probably exaggerating the truth any way. You're not fooling anybody.

Folks, please stay on-topic...

I was just looking at that site. I'll pick some up this week. How is it going so far JMA1982 with orientation?

Me, too. I told my wife I'm gonna start putting it in my food more often. Orientation doesn't start till Monday, bro. That's when the class starts.

Lisa we had this discussion already

Takia, question, have you been reading the Rules & Regs book? Just on one page alone I have most of the acronyms written down and made a couple notes here and there. Plus I've been trying to memorize all of the radio codes.

Yes I have. That's good. I've been reading and highlighting the important things.

Same here. I'm just not sure what I have to memorize. It's so much information to process at once. I'm not complaining just saying. I know a 12-1 is an emergency, 12-2 is fire or smoke condition, 12-3 is a flood or water condition, 12-5 I think is a stalled train and a 12-6 is a derailment. When a 12-1 is transmitted it takes precedent over anything else.

Hey folks. Well I'm 2 steps closer to becoming an OFFICIAL conductor. Passed midterm yesterday (perfect score). Today passed the practical exam. Next up is posting which is Friday, I have the A train. I'm really looking forward to just being out there on the road and getting the full affect of being a conductor. You can be in school car for a year and in my opinion it's nothing like going out and really doing the job. Dealing with door problems, customers, even filling out a overtime sheet. I think posting will be fun. Lol but not to get to ahead of myself I still have the road practical and the final exam so I gotta keep a level head. School car ain't over yet, BUT DAMN NEAR. Lol

Hey folks. Well I'm 2 steps closer to becoming an OFFICIAL conductor. Passed midterm yesterday (perfect score). Today passed the practical exam. Next up is posting which is Friday, I have the A train. I'm really looking forward to just being out there on the road and getting the full affect of being a conductor. You can be in school car for a year and in my opinion it's nothing like going out and really doing the job. Dealing with door problems, customers, even filling out a overtime sheet. I think posting will be fun. Lol but not to get to ahead of myself I still have the road practical and the final exam so I gotta keep a level head. School car ain't over yet, BUT DAMN NEAR. Lol

Congrats, bro. I'm next.

Thats great. Keep us posted.

Archived