Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

Nope the Tss at 248 is gonna tell you oxa trust me and if you got bad feet go to the foot doctor I wear timberland pro boondocks

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Your TSS's said you guys could have a bookbag? We got handed Bulletin 59-15 during orientation that states that only bags with detachable straps were allowed. No wheels and no backpacks. They even print that warning on the paper they gave you as an entrance letter when you go down too 195 Montague. We all had book bags the first day. By the time we got to PS248 on the 3rd day, everyone had their duffle bags or tool bags. As long as you can remove that long strap before you report for work its good. Heres the one i have:

http://m.sears.com/craftsman-tool-bag-combo/p-00927851000P?sid=IDx01192011x000001&gclid=Cj0KEQiAw_DEBRChnYiQ_562gsEBEiQA4LcsstSms0aC-zDNMkWselJriPba8J7Ebd2UNwD3gtsBSk0aAlEi8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

I got it on sale a ehile back but you get 2 bags for a good price. Im currently using the smaller of the two. Yes its heavy and it sucks for the first few days but your TSS will allow you to remove SOME (lol) of the materials, but for sure you will be carrying 3 big books plus your tools at the very least.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re the shoes, wear the ones they give you first but get them loose and try wearing thick winter socks as padding. They might work for you. Otherwise you can go to a foot doctor and get approval for more comfortable boots to buy on your own. The boots are very stiff so it's easy to get blisters and sores. Almost like walking in ski boots.

Hey, guys! To my surprise, received email on Feb 10 to come in for medical/final processing on Sat Feb 11. Passed medical with the exception of being required to wear corrective lenses while on duty. Sworn in and I am now an official transit employee! Will be in the Feb 27 class!! Yay!

Hey, guys! To my surprise, received email on Feb 10 to come in for medical/final processing on Sat Feb 11. Passed medical with the exception of being required to wear corrective lenses while on duty. Sworn in and I am now an official transit employee! Will be in the Feb 27 class!! Yay!

congrats

Thanks!!! The H.R reps told me they will be hiring up to 100 conductors per class up until April. As of now, they are aiming to fill the Feb 27 class with 138 conductors; I was told they hired 102 so far.

thats good to know. One of those slots are mine lol

She said they may stop hiring from this list after April, key word being "may" because the list was extended until Feb 2018. She also stated those who remain on the list will be placed on a list for the cleaner position if they let the list expire in April. Hopefully, they get to hire as many people possible, being that they are now working feverishly Mon thru Sat.

the job can take a toll on you, I talked to many people prior of be declining the position, its not for everyone, my main job I want to get into is RCI or signal maintainer which I am scheduled to take soon..if I pass and get in I am sure I will see you guys on the road but just cutting out a door or switch a breaker circuit lol

amm0 how tall are you? I know height can be a issue with this job bending a lot to open that window and sticking your head out

Good news, I was cleared today by my doctor. I am getting up early tomorrow to go to the MAC center. Hopefully I am allowed to do another drug test and swear in tomorrow. I was supposed to do another drug test on feb 3 but, when i was placed on medical hold i couldn't take it. Wish me luck tomorrow. 

Archived