Other Depot DL fleet will be tested on?

mark1447

what other depots will the DL fleet be tested on.. Only MV and MJQ?

Yep, only those two as delivery has started. 45 buses to MJQ and 45 buses to MHV. 1303 is in Zerega as we speak

who wanted to see Design Line run on Kingsbridge depot.

Not me

They should test them out of ENY and fresh pond.

No thanks. ENY will destroy that bus

I wanna see it in Amsterdam and West Farms! But KB is good..

It would be nice to see it from Amsterdam, West Farms? No way. They will screw up that bus

Indeed.Don`t all new buses get tested out of ENY first? When they deliver buses it goes to ENY first.

Not every new bus gets tested out of ENY. All new buses gets tested and checked @ Zerega, then sent to various depots for initial testing, like the Prevost that was at Castleton then Yonkers, the NGs that were at Baisley Park, the D60LF that was at MJQ, & other test buses like the NovaBus LFS/LFSA & the Vanhool Double Decker

i agree,there always testing buses in manhattan and the bronx, what about brookyn and queens? smh

A test in the Bronx? Yeah right, I dont see any testing in the Bronx.. The most is manhattan..

The only test was the new Artic for BRT use but that was once..

It would be nice to see it from Amsterdam, West Farms? No way. They will screw up that bus

Not every new bus gets tested out of ENY. All new buses gets tested and checked @ Zerega, then sent to various depots for initial testing, like the Prevost that was at Castleton then Yonkers, the NGs that were at Baisley Park, the D60LF that was at MJQ, & other test buses like the NovaBus LFS/LFSA & the Vanhool Double Decker

a

Why would WF screw em up? WF doesn't keep there buses as dirty compared to GH.

And I didnt know Zerga does that.. Any other places besides them?

A test in the Bronx? Yeah right, I dont see any testing in the Bronx.. The most is manhattan..

The only test was the new Artic for BRT use but that was once..

a

Why would WF screw em up? WF doesn't keep there buses as dirty compared to GH.

And I didnt know Zerga does that.. Any other places besides them?

Appearance isnt everything. When it comes down to the technically stuff, West Farms is worse than Gun Hill imo

Zerega is the main facility that accepts test/new buses. Someone else can explain it better than me.

...Zerega is the main facility that accepts test/new buses. Someone else can explain it better than me.

I think I'll take a crack at it...

Zerega is the main HQ for the buses. Any new (MTA) NYC bus (and I think (MTA) bus now), no matter what kind or who made it has to go through Zerega first to get registered (ie: numbering, etc.)

Now ENY on the other hand, is like the hospital for the buses. Whatever can't be fixed at its respective depot goes to ENY to get checked out (I've seen Orion V's come out of there plenty of times)

Grand Ave, like ENY is also like the hospital for buses. But the thing about Grand is that almost any bus can go there to get worked on (including artics & MCI's) in addition to working on almost all kinds of buses at Grand, buses also go there to get painted (I think)

I hope that helps anybody out

I want to see on LGA, Jamaica, Queens Village, and depot that opeates B39, B51.

For LGA, I want to see how it look like on Q33, Q72, well as College Point QBx1, Q25 LTD, Q65 LTD and Casey Stengel as well and Baisley Park B113 LTD.

Will Designline fail over following bridges?

Williamsburg Bridge for B39

Manhattan Bridge for B51

Queensboro Bridge for Q32

Bronx-Whitesone Bridge for Q44/QBx1

Cross Bay Bridge for Q21/Q53 LTD

Pulusaki Bridge for B61.

Rikers Island Bridge for Q101.

Roosevelt Island-36th Av Bridge for Q102.

Marine Parkway Bridge for Q35.

(NYCT) had only purchase 90 Design Line Eco saver bus.

i believe only 3 depot will recieve Design Line.

Micheal J. Quill depot! ;)

West Farms Depot or Kingsbridge depot

Maspeth Depot ( Grand Avenue .! :)

I'm going to be blunt when I say....

Have you completely lost your mind?

(NYCT) had only purchase 90 Design Line Eco saver bus.

i believe only 3 depot will recieve Design Line.

Micheal J. Quill depot! ;)

West Farms Depot or Kingsbridge depot

Maspeth Depot ( Grand Avenue .! :)

MJQ? Yes

West Farms? They don't really need them though they have ~40 buses that need to be retired...

Kingsbridge DOES NOT NEED THEM AT ALL

Grand Ave. also doesn't need them, they are getting 58 NG's. That is going to replace the rest of the older RTS' from the depot.

from what i heard, Designline buses will go to Grand Ave Depot as well. my friend who used to work at Grand Av, now at Fresh Pond told me that Grand Av ordered Orion VII NG's and Designline buses. exactly how much? that i dont know.

See above reply

LMAO! I wonder though, where does he get these 'ideas'/"sources" from?

Makes them up

from what i heard, Designline buses will go to Grand Ave Depot as well. my friend who used to work at Grand Av, now at Fresh Pond told me that Grand Av ordered Orion VII NG's and Designline buses. exactly how much? that i dont know.

Not anymore, that order is getting shifted to Manhattanville.

1304 is on the way with 1303 on MTA Property.

LMAO! I wonder though, where does he get these 'ideas'/"sources" from?

I think he just smokes that very good stuff. I dont mean to be insulting, im just stating what I think.

I disagree, granted their 8600s are nearly trash now, but their hybrids and 4900 RTS's are somewhat decent. ENY isn't a total loss, it's the older buses you should really worry more about on the ENY routes.

Depot-wise, their maintenance isnt that bad. Those 4900s-5000 series are powerhouses. But those hybrids look somewhat messed up. I have a few pictures of the front of those hybrids where you can see the wiring around the LED. But thats just me. I havent really been around ENY buses all that well so technically I cant say much.

ENY maintaines their buses pretty well. My mother lives over there so I'm always taking an ENY bus. For the most part, all their buses are in good shape. As for the hybrids looking "beat up" that's because they're used on crush loaded routes (B12, B15, B25, B82, B83). The 4900/5000's there are like the backbone of its whole fleet (they never should've gotten rid of the 52xx's there either). The 86xx's are starting to show their age and the few 85xx's there need to go ASAP

Archived