Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New train operators usually take what they can get, right? I wouldn't feel right on a rush hour train if I heard that the train operator was fresh out of school car and is on his first day alone in the cabin.

There was water in between the rails at Sutphin. I attributed it to the normal gunk that is in between the rails on the subway, but I thought it had something to do with the rain.

I personally miss the old gibberish announcements on the SMEEs. Automated announcements are nicer on buses, but on the subway it's somehow nicer to hear a human voice, though garbled, than some recycled clip.

On the platform at Jamaica, one of the service advisory monitors they always have something on had an error box on it and it seemed like they were pretending that no one would notice it.

The games always come out in Japan first, since, ya know, that's where the franchise comes from. In fact, the games came out in Japan back in September. And for the record this is actually the first time Europe is getting the games before us, usually they have to wait months after the American release to get them. So there ya go :P

Not just w/games... So there ya go... :P

I think I have problems with my modem [or could be something else?]

Internet speed is way down especially if I'm downloading stuff. Using the wifi router for wifi use seems fine till after 8pm. Also I got 'static' sounds on the landlines. This totally sucks.

The only good thing is that my cable boxes are still fine, not much pixelation as before even in the bad weather like today.

=

Flipping thru the channels and caught a glimps of a thomas show. When the hell did they start using cgi? Looks kinda creepy, lol.

If you want better speed, stop using WiFi and make your connection hardwired OR ask your provider for a package that offers more bandwith. I have the same thing with my FiOS. It's wireless and I notice that my speed dips a bit around 20:00 or so, which is when most folks are getting home or at home using the internet, but my connection is so fast that I still can watch the hockey games and such just fine at highest connections.

Also with wireless, the equipment needs to be upgraded every so often, say every 3 years or so, as the signal gets weaker. You also have things like interference that come into play with WiFi that aren't an issue w/hard wired connections. :cool:

If you want better speed, stop using WiFi and make your connection hardwired OR ask your provider for a package that offers more bandwith. I have the same thing with my FiOS. It's wireless and I notice that my speed dips a bit around 20:00 or so, which is when most folks are getting home or at home using the internet, but my connection is so fast that I still can watch the hockey games and such just fine at highest connections.

Also with wireless, the equipment needs to be upgraded every so often, say every 3 years or so, as the signal gets weaker. You also have things like interference that come into play with WiFi that aren't an issue w/hard wired connections. :cool:

I got my wifi router as of last October and I've been using the wifi sparringly like 3 1-hr periods a day. It's not like I have it turned on the entire day or everytime I'm logged online. For the computer I use the wire only. Wifi for just the ipod.

And it seemed just lately this week everything including my phonelines are on/off.

=

you wanna hear something really sad? i havnt been transitfanning in a month the only time im on a bus is when im @ OC Transpo working on the buses :/ i desperatly need to get out and get some new photos!

I haven't been doing any type of fanning in a while - rail or bus. Also haven't taken many pics these past few months. Until new buses comes in, everything has been 'the same' no variations, so no pics in general.

Also anyone here having problems to quick post in this thread? I have to quote a post before I can post a reply.

I got my wifi router as of last October and I've been using the wifi sparringly like 3 1-hr periods a day. It's not like I have it turned on the entire day or everytime I'm logged online. For the computer I use the wire only. Wifi for just the ipod.

And it seemed just lately this week everything including my phonelines are on/off.

1. Make sure there is no spyware slowing down your internet connection and that all equipment is working properly. I find that a wiping of the computer and a fresh install of the operating system does wonders for my laptop, as well as my connection. My laptop will be 3 years old come this summer and it still works very well.

2. Call my service provider to see if there has been any service issues in the area of late and if your connection is really bad, I'd call up and have my bill reduced. I did that the other day w/AT&T. I can barely use my datacard, so I called up and had them give me my month free. They said that they had several towers out in my neighbourhood... :mad:

MTA bus has done some subway shuttle work, but then again it was since so many lines needed work that NYCT can't handle it all. I think it is great if MTA Bus were to do more shuttle work since they are closer and some places like SC aren't that taxed on weekends.

1. Make sure there is no spyware slowing down your internet connection and that all equipment is working properly. I find that a wiping of the computer and a fresh install of the operating system does wonders for my laptop, as well as my connection. My laptop will be 3 years old come this summer and it still works very well.

2. Call my service provider to see if there has been any service issues in the area of late and if your connection is really bad, I'd call up and have my bill reduced. I did that the other day w/AT&T. I can barely use my datacard, so I called up and had them give me my month free. They said that they had several towers out in my neighbourhood... :mad:

No, I really doubt that my pc and router are the causes. The internet connection has been good [decent speed] to bad [no connection at all]. Plus the phone lines aren't working fully either.

I did call the provider and they should be sending someone to check things out. If the problem continues after they checked and 'fixed' it, then I'll complain to get a discount from the bill.

MTA bus has done some subway shuttle work, but then again it was since so many lines needed work that NYCT can't handle it all. I think it is great if MTA Bus were to do more shuttle work since they are closer and some places like SC aren't that taxed on weekends.

No, I really doubt that my pc and router are the causes. The internet connection has been good [decent speed] to bad [no connection at all]. Plus the phone lines aren't working fully either.

I did call the provider and they should be sending someone to check things out. If the problem continues after they checked and 'fixed' it, then I'll complain to get a discount from the bill.

I ask for (and get) the full month comped... :cool:

There's so many drunk people here...a typical Saturday night at Myrtle-Wyckoff :P

So I forgot about the (L) shuttle today ans I needed to get home from Manhattan quick. So I took the (L) and it terminated at Lorimer and I transferred to the shuttle bus which took so freaking LONG to get to wycoff. If I didnt catch an ex-Command CNG, I woulda been super pissed! lol

Lol I forgot about it too when I left my house, but when I got to Wilson Av & Halsey St, I see an Orion V CNG down the block on Schaffer St (or however you spell it) and I'm thinking "wait, there's no CNG routes in this area of Brooklyn" and that's when it came back to me.

Comming home from work about an hour ago, I had to let like 3 buses go by since it was so crowded at Lorimer St. But on the 4th one, I pushed my way to the bus.

The way I saw it, it was euther push to get on or get pushed out the way :P

There's so many drunk people here...a typical Saturday night at Myrtle-Wyckoff :P

Lol I forgot about it too when I left my house, but when I got to Wilson Av & Halsey St, I see an Orion V CNG down the block on Schaffer St (or however you spell it) and I'm thinking "wait, there's no CNG routes in this area of Brooklyn" and that's when it came back to me.

Comming home from work about an hour ago, I had to let like 3 buses go by since it was so crowded at Lorimer St. But on the 4th one, I pushed my way to the bus.

The way I saw it, it was euther push to get on or get pushed out the way :P

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :P