Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Heartburn?

Possibly, but I haven't eaten any spicy food, and at one point, the pain actually went into my armpit and shoulder.

Hem, I have had something similar regarding pain on the left side of my chest. I don't think it is heart burn. It feels more like a constricting feeling. I've had a few random feeling of pain. The best way to counteract it is to apply pressure and soothe the pain till it goes away.

It's kind of hard to describe. It's a cross between a tightness and a soreness. I tried massaging it, but the sensation remained (and I'm still feeling it right now). Maybe I'll try putting ice on it.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if this smilie will ever come in handy: sFun_mischieviousbig.gif

I could see a use for that one.... especially in the bus/subway fantasy/proposal threads.....

Oh, and this one too: ahhhhhhh.gif

That could replace the facepalm...... It would have to be something real real f'n stupid said, enough to use that one though....

I could see a use for that one.... especially in the bus/subway fantasy/proposal threads.....

That could replace the facepalm...... It would have to be something real real f'n stupid said, enough to use that one though....

They're needed in both of those locations ASAP. Almost every thread in subways degenerates into fantasyland and the bus threads are heading in the same direction lately.

They're needed in both of those locations ASAP. Almost every thread in subways degenerates into fantasyland and the bus threads are heading in the same direction lately.

It seems like the summer brings out the foamer in everyone...

You are just as guilty of joining in. Don't try to put yourself above it...

I said everyone, which includes me, if that was not clear...

Watch as he reacts. It's a goddamned Internet forum, don't act like you own the place...

I just ROFL at this...

I said everyone, which includes me, if that was not clear...

Then why bother stating it then? Not everything needs a response. I'm not busting your chops, but is it so boring on your end that all you do is post a reply to practically everything here [even if it wasn't warranted] 18/7? It's the f'ing summer, go outside or play some videogames. Edited by Grand Concourse

The left side of my chest has been hurting a little. Out of curiosity, I looked up the symptons for a heart attack, and it said that that's one of the symptoms. The thing is that it's happened before, and it looks like it's the only symptom I have, so I doubt it's anything (especially since most men don't get heart attacks until the age of 40, and I'm 17). I mean, I'm young and healthy (but then again, that's what they all say). It's still kind of scary, though.

I get the same feelings sometimes..... It's usually either a pinch nerve, pulled a muscle or a pocket of air.... At least that was what I was told by my doctor....

I wonder if this smilie will ever come in handy: sFun_mischieviousbig.gif

I see it coming in handy...

Oh, and this one too: ahhhhhhh.gif

That icon would have to be for something really stupid/illogical....

Was watching Telemundo and Univisión tonight... God, those tv stations are so racist. Now i remember why I watch either channel rarely. I mean you're lucky if you see a mestizo on the show, let alone anyone who looks like a trigueño or a mulato. The women are all fair and if they can get blond ones with light eyes even better and they all have mainly last names that sound more like Gringo names than Latino names.... They don't represent what Latinos look like as a whole at all....

Was watching Telemundo and Univisión tonight... God, those tv stations are so racist. Now i remember why I watch either channel rarely. I mean you're lucky if you see a mestizo on the show, let alone anyone who looks like a trigueño or a mulato. The women are all fair and if they can get blond ones with light eyes even better and they all have mainly last names that sound more like Gringo names than Latino names.... They don't represent what Latinos look like as a whole at all....

I haven't watched them in a long either. You know, if you look at most Latino and Latina celebrities, actors, and singers, they look less like the ones you see in Jackson Heights, who look more like mestizos and indigenous people, and more European.

BTW, as a Guatemalan-American, I think Univision is geared towards Mexico than any other country. They pass ads on all the Mexican soccer games but none of the other Latin countries.

I haven't watched them in a long either. You know, if you look at most Latino and Latina celebrities, actors, and singers, they look less like the ones you see in Jackson Heights, who look more like mestizos and indigenous people, and more European.

BTW, as a Guatemalan-American, I think Univision is geared towards Mexico than any other country. They pass ads on all the Mexican soccer games but none of the other Latin countries.

lol... No question about it... And the other thing is the constant soap operas... We're in 2012 and they constantly show these soap operas from the colonial period with the slave and the master and all of that. I mean I've saw so many of them that it's beyond ridiculous already... When are they going to come into the 21st century? I mean seriously... Folks should be making a stink because they are so out of touch with how things are here in the United States on so many levels.

Hem, in a way I'm not surprised about who those channels are aimed at. I don't mind programs aimed at certain groups, but why the all spanish only? People should be learning english here. I doubt if I were to go to Mexico or somewhere in South America, they are going to have many programs in English.

Edited by Grand Concourse

Hem, in a way I'm not surprised about who those channels are aimed at. ^

Oh I know but it's just amazing that they still carry on with that BS in this day and age. And any Americans on the show that are shown are all white... No sort of diversity what so ever. It's really disturbing...

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Well, at least there are fewer subway proposal threads. The subway proposals are more ridiculous, but the bus proposals NEVER end.

If that one person (you should know who :cough:qj:cough:) was just banned, I'm sure there would be more intelligent thoughts there. But I have lost interest in the fantasy stuff in general. It's almost always the same ideas and same reasons why it won't work.

If that one person (you should know who :cough:qj:cough:) was just banned, I'm sure there would be more intelligent thoughts there. But I have lost interest in the fantasy stuff in general. It's almost always the same ideas and same reasons why it won't work.

Here's my opinion on the matter (and part of why I prefer subway proposals):

With the subway, there's a very limited amount of reasonable proposals that people can come up with, since there's a limited number of tracks and tunnels. That's why you get plenty of crazy and far-fetched subway proposals, but they're obviously impractical and can be fairly easily ignored. And, coming up with subway proposals gives you boundaries and challenges to solve, e.g. making sure there aren't too many trains on one track.

WIth buses, though, you can theoretically put a bus on almost any street. So, naturally, someone's going to suggest it. In addition, unlike with the subway, it's harder to argue against proposals because there are fewer boundaries. Almost everything seems to get into an argument about what riders want, not what is feasible, since almost any route is feasible. Busfans (and railfans, for that matter) always seem to think they are experts on ridership, and there's hardly anything more pointless than a "Riders want this!" "No, riders want that!" debate.

I get the same feelings sometimes..... It's usually either a pinch nerve, pulled a muscle or a pocket of air.... At least that was what I was told by my doctor....

Yeah, I think the feeling's cleared up now. I have a runny nose now, so it was probably just a cold symptom (I also stretched out and felt a pop like when you pop your knuckles), so whatever it is is probably gone now.