Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is at the Garden State Plaza in Paramus. I always passed that thing and thought it was quite stupid since the escalator is so short... B)

I know, I've been there before as well. Been so many years ago though. Yes it was so stupid, but I guess if it was done for a guiness record [North America], then mission accomplished.

]Traffic on the FDR going northbound is a total nightmare. Looks like some accident somewhere in the 30's so they're making everything exit at 34 St. All I see is a whole line of stopped cars that goes as far as the eye can see (or at least until it goes behind the buildings :()

EDIT: its back to normal. Drivers in the exit lane to 34 St is jumping the curb back on the highway...in front of the cops :eek:

Once every week, I skate down Broadway from Columbus Circle to Union Sq and it usually take me 18 mins (22 in the dead middle of the day). Today it took me 34 mins :eek:

Why? In Times Sq, they're setting up a sh1tload of tv screens and all that crap so people can watch the royal wedding (which doesn't even start until 6 am local time). They closed the pedestrian plazas off completely which meant that I had to walk from 49 St all the way to 42 St (streets is too unpaved in that area for a skateboard). Added to the fact that almost every tourist wanted to stop and gawk at it made my trip very annoying :mad:

(Glad I ran into 1 of them (accidentally :())

Once every week, I skate down Broadway from Columbus Circle to Union Sq and it usually take me 18 mins (22 in the dead middle of the day). Today it took me 34 mins :eek:

Why? In Times Sq, they're setting up a sh1tload of tv screens and all that crap so people can watch the royal wedding (which doesn't even start until 6 am local time). They closed the pedestrian plazas off completely which meant that I had to walk from 49 St all the way to 42 St (streets is too unpaved in that area for a skateboard). Added to the fact that almost every tourist wanted to stop and gawk at it made my trip very annoying :mad:

(Glad I ran into 1 of them (accidentally :())

Man, I know what you mean with the damn tourist thing. I'm walking across 34th one day to go from 2 Av to 7 Av. When I reach 5th Av, right in front of me someone unexpectedly stops to stare at the Empire State Building. WHAMO :P

(Now Fresh Pond - you know who I am so the collision - and what you can compare it to - is self explanatory from this point on :P)

Man, I know what you mean with the damn tourist thing. I'm walking across 34th one day to go from 2 Av to 7 Av. When I reach 5th Av, right in front of me someone unexpectedly stops to stare at the Empire State Building. WHAMO :(

(Now Fresh Pond - you know who I am so the collision - and what you can compare it to - is self explanatory from this point on :P)

I just walk through them. They wanna stare at a building, go back to their town :P

(Glad I ran into 1 of them (accidentally :P))

Crack em across the head with the board next time :P

Lol all they gotta go is make a dedicated bike lane (with no goddam tourists in it) and repave it (cuz I damn sure aint using 7 Av with all those tour buses and yellow cabs) and I'll be good

Oh...AND NO HORSE SH1T EVERYWHERE!!!!! :mad::P

You don't like horse poo? :P

Winnie the Pooh was based on psychological problems. Pooh has an eating disorder, Piglet suffers from anxiety, Eeyore is always depressed, Tigger has ADHD, Rabbit suffers from OCD, and Christopher Robin must be smoking that good stuff if his stuffed animals are talking to him....

It smells like sour milk on this bus

Winnie the Pooh was based on psychological problems. Pooh has an eating disorder, Piglet suffers from anxiety, Eeyore is always depressed, Tigger has ADHD, Rabbit suffers from OCD, and Christopher Robin must be smoking that good stuff if his stuffed animals are talking to him....

LMAO I got that picture...imma post it soon