Broken bus fare machines

Kingsbridge Bus

We are not talking about the cost to repair the IFU (Integrated Farebox Unit) we are talking about fare revenue.

No, I know its different topic but MTA does cost money to fix a junky fare boxes. They dont really clean or fix the problems of the farebox very often.

Like stated before The MTA would rather keep service normal for YOU and lose the fare of the trip or 2. As far as the MTA losing money, 7 out of 10 people have unlimited/transit check metrocards. The last 3 of the 10 have pay per ride 2 of them have transfers on their card or are transferring to another bus or train. So ultimately the MTA not losing as much as you think.

I was just going to say how many people are using Unlimiteds and or Student/SeniorCitizen MetroCards..and the other half Transfering to/from the subway or another bus......If the broken fare box was on one of the Crosstowns in Manhattan the MTA is probably losing next to nothing, since most people transfer to/from those buses.

But i have been a victim of missing transfers, last week I went from the subway at TSQ taking the R to the E at Qns Plaza to the Q5 @ Jamaica to get home and the bus deducted another fare instead of taking the transfer...I swiped @ TSQ around 5:35 and got on the bus @ 7:05, so the transfer should've still been there. I was too tired and wiped out to argue about it with the driver.

I have an Easy Pass Metrocard, and the transactions are posted so once I get around to it, I'll give them call for the credit.

But i have been a victim of missing transfers, last week I went from the subway at TSQ taking the R to the E at Qns Plaza to the Q5 @ Jamaica to get home and the bus deducted another fare instead of taking the transfer...I swiped @ TSQ around 5:35 and got on the bus @ 7:05, so the transfer should've still been there. I was too tired and wiped out to argue about it with the driver.

What is arguing with the B/O going to accomplish? Nothing. Let him or her do their job and direct your inquiries to 311.

If that happens again, you losing your transfer kindly tell the bus driver what happen and ask if you can get a transfer. On the back of the transfer there is a Metrocard Customer Service phone number. Follow the instructions on the back which are.

1) Pay the fare,which you did

2) note date and time(On back of the transfer)

3) Bus route and direction (This should also be on the back, but double check it)

4) Bus number(Also on the back)

2 Broadway D11.152

New York, N.Y. 10004

tel. (212) 638-7622

Mon-Fri, 7a.m-11p.m

Sat-Sun,9a.m-5p.m

Hope this helped someone;)

The MTA only takes a bus out of service when there is a problem that affects the safety of the driver and/or passengers. Broken fareboxes don't present a safety problem.

It doesn't matter if people swipe their metrocards or not the MTA already pocketed your money when you bought or refilled the card. The pocket change people dump into the fareboxes don't even compare to the amount used on metrocards.

Noflex forget arguing with these Bus Bunnies its useless they all think they know so much when all they do is stalk buses to take pictures of them and argue with us BO's

Long as they don't take their shirts off, and start rubbing their nipples, licking their lips, while dry humping the bus they are taking pics of, let them be my friend. Just let them be.........

Of course you drive them, just like the other B/O's on here, and formerly what I did. We know the rules, we know what we suppose to do, but we also know the reality of how the system actually works..........

Long as they don't take their shirts off, and start rubbing their nipples, licking their lips, while dry humping the bus they are taking pics of...

I've seen it. It's not pretty. I must've went through $10 worth of Pepto-Bismol that night.

Long as they don't take their shirts off, and start rubbing their nipples, licking their lips, while dry humping the bus they are taking pics of, let them be my friend. Just let them be.........

Of course you drive them, just like the other B/O's on here, and formerly what I did. We know the rules, we know what we suppose to do, but we also know the reality of how the system actually works..........

Do people honestly get hard-ons over buses like that? Come on!!!

I was wondering about the bus fare machines that are broken. Why is (MTA) allowing B/o's to drive buses with a broken fare machine? Aren't there other buses at the depot that has a working fare machine? The (MTA) is loosing lots of money doing this. People are getting on for free & this bus can be giving rides to 500 people in the entire day for free. Stopping this will not only get (MTA) lots of money back but will also give mechanics the time to fix these machines.;)

Just be happy your gettin a free bus ride...

• 4 weeks later...

lmfao! Now that's a very disturbing visual.

The MTA only takes a bus out of service when there is a problem that affects the safety of the driver and/or passengers. Broken fareboxes don't present a safety problem.

It doesn't matter if people swipe their metrocards or not the MTA already pocketed your money when you bought or refilled the card. The pocket change people dump into the fareboxes don't even compare to the amount used on metrocards.

Exactly, chances are the person is going to transfer to another bus or to a subway anyway. A broken farebox is the least of their worries. I've been on a few buses with broken fareboxes, but I still needed to take the subway. So I really didn't save anything.

Exactly, chances are the person is going to transfer to another bus or to a subway anyway. A broken farebox is the least of their worries. I've been on a few buses with broken fareboxes, but I still needed to take the subway. So I really didn't save anything.

You would have if you had jumped the turstile, Maybe:mad:

Archived