(M)/(V) combo maybe happening in the future?

w8Hou

Myrtle Av. I meant.

If there are no route signs, wouldn't it just make more sense to give the (J) the R32s and the (V) its necessary R160As and R42s. That way signage won't be too much of an issue.

I think that's what's being done, the (V) will be all R160/R42 8-car trains.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The (M) in Brooklyn is empty most of the times. 10 people in one car during AM rush going to Manhattan, is the most I ever saw. They should rather add some (R) service for the 4th Ave Local from Bay Ridge.

I totally agree about the (M) in BK. Actually it gets in the way of the (R) screwing up service along 4th Avenue in Brooklyn.

I think that's what's being done, the (V) will be all R160/R42 8-car trains.

the (V) train car assignment will almost resemble the (J) 's mixed fleets. for example the (V) will be MOSTLY R160-A 4 car sets, and occasional 32 cars (4 sets) of R32's from both Jamaica and Coney Island. by June 2010 or the Fall the (J) will be 100% R160 while the (V) will be using 2 to 3 Remaining R32's along with R160's

I expect to see the current 160s the M has now. The 46s the V uses will be replaced with 160s and 32s. As we all know, 46s won't fit. And the MTA doesn't have the money to add C/R boards at every stop north of essex st to accommodate the 42s. The possible furtue V will be 160s and 32s.

I expect to see the current 160s the M has now. The 46s the V uses will be replaced with 160s and 32s. As we all know, 46s won't fit. And the MTA doesn't have the money to add C/R boards at every stop north of essex st to accommodate the 42s. The possible furtue V will be 160s and 32s.

yup, youre absolutely correct. NO R42's on the (V) if extended to Metro Av. the whole idea is to SAVE money :P

the (V) train car assignment will almost resemble the (J) 's mixed fleets. for example the (V) will be MOSTLY R160-A 4 car sets, and occasional 32 cars (4 sets) of R32's from both Jamaica and Coney Island. by June 2010 or the Fall the (J) will be 100% R160 while the (V) will be using 2 to 3 Remaining R32's along with R160's

That's the current plain but It might be the vise-versa, It would make sense to put them on the (J) and have the (V) 100% R160A-1 and They are trying to make the (V) 100% out of ENY and plus its not going to be like the regular (V), The New (V) assignment (crews) would have to work on the (A),(C),(J) and (L) instead of the (G) and (R) on weekends, I know that pissed off some crews at continental.

But Something will change on QB ether this week or Next Week.

and the Leftover R42's would Not be retierd, And 32 R160A-1's would Not make the (J) 100% R160's, You got the (V) and CI R32 is staying at CI, (but that CI R32 could go back to Jamaica).

That's the current plain but It might be the vise-versa, It would make sense to put them on the (J) and have the (V) 100% R160A-1 and They are trying to make the (V) 100% out of ENY and plus its not going to be like the regular (V), The New (V) assignment (crews) would have to work on the (A),(C),(J) and (L) instead of the (G) and (R) on weekends, I know that pissed off some crews at continental.

But Something will change on QB ether this week or Next Week.

and the Leftover R42's would Not be retierd, And 32 R160A-1's would Not make the (J) 100% R160's, You got the (V) and CI R32 is staying at CI, (but that CI R32 could go back to Jamaica).

if that set is going back to jamaica, it will more than likely serve the (V) when its extended. making the (V) 100% R160 will make the (J)'s car assignments difficult R32's R42's and R160's? thats too many different fleets to maintain for 1 small yard. and whats changing on QB? the change i know of is the (F) becoming fully R160

if that set is going back to jamaica, it will more than likely serve the (V) when its extended. making the (V) 100% R160 will make the (J)'s car assignments difficult R32's R42's and R160's? thats too many different fleets to maintain for 1 small yard. and whats changing on QB? the change i know of is the (F) becoming fully R160

I can't spill the beans on the Queens Bivd Part, But putting the R32's on the (J) WOULD save Money on changing the South Rollsigns of the R32's and I heard those R42's are going somewhere else.

Let's put it this way, it is not set in stone if the V will be a mix or 100% R160s. But there's nothing that is to prevent the R32s from being based from ENY so the V can be 100% R160s.

Let's just wait and see if just the V extension will happen or not.

How hard is it to wait and see what happens with this? The amount of speculation on car moves is unbelievable. Let the chips fall where they may. Inevitably every time there are new deliveries or changes to service patterns, the buffs all go on and on posting about how "this and this" will happen. If I had a dime for every time something changed or the speculation was wrong I'd never have to work a day in my life.

Remember when the (C) would become 8 car R44?

Remember when the (G) would get R68's?

Remember when the (:o and (R) were supposed to be next to get R160's?

Remember when the R32's and R42's would be gone by early summer 2009 at the latest?

(All of those were posted on here within the past year citing "reputable sources" by various posters on here) Let's just wait till things actually happen before speculating on them because most of the rumors that go on here don't end up happening anyway no matter how right or wrong they may seem at the current time. Once again it is necessary to wait and see NOT speculate or take partial info and "fill in the blanks" with your thoughts because I know of one poster who liked to fill in the blanks with his thoughts, he had the name Wang in there somewhere...

Then wouldn't this forum just be a news site if we waited until stuff actually happened?

No, there would still be plenty of things to talk about. Subway odds and ends, "why do they do it this way?", line history, route history, station history, equipment history, equipment technical data, experiences while riding the subway, transit politics, the progress of capital construction projects, and yes news.

But speculation is useless...and it has been ever since it started here.

Besides do you really care what *might* happen? The answer is ANYTHING can happen. What you all claim to care about is what "WILL" (as in 100%, guaranteed, set in stone, ooh I know something my railfan buddies don't, assured) happen...but yet what is posted here is certainly not that. When the time comes along, info will be released, it always is, whether here or subchat but brainless speculations about "ooh look the trains now the what is a-going to the a-where" serves no purpose except to CONFUSE.

The reassignment of car types to cover any new and not 100% set in stone service changes will get revealed when the time is right (which of course is AFTER they are finalized, which is certainly not yet), just like every other thread in which this speculative activity seems to take place. Till then believe nothing, except that anything is possible.

No, there would still be plenty of things to talk about. Subway odds and ends, "why do they do it this way?", line history, route history, station history, equipment history, equipment technical data, experiences while riding the subway, transit politics, the progress of capital construction projects, and yes news.

But speculation is useless...and it has been ever since it started here.

Besides do you really care what *might* happen? The answer is ANYTHING can happen. What you all claim to care about is what "WILL" (as in 100%, guaranteed, set in stone, ooh I know something my railfan buddies don't, assured) happen...but yet what is posted here is certainly not that. When the time comes along, info will be released, it always is, whether here or subchat but brainless speculations about "ooh look the trains now the what is a-going to the a-where" serves no purpose except to CONFUSE.

The reassignment of car types to cover any new and not 100% set in stone service changes will get revealed when the time is right (which of course is AFTER they are finalized, which is certainly not yet), just like every other thread in which this speculative activity seems to take place. Till then believe nothing, except that anything is possible.

Amen!

If the (M) is cancelled and the (V) is extended via the reactivated Chrystie Street Connector, it will have to become eight 60 foot cars to serve the stations between Middle Village-Met Avenue and Essex Street. Right now, that would have to be either R32 Brightliners or R160s.

The (V) would also stop like the (C) does at Sixth Avenue, 53d Street and Broadway/Queens Boulevard stations. Riders would have to adjust to the new stopping pattern of an eight car 480 foot long (V) train.

Also the Montague Street Tunnel from Broad Street would not see regular service any longer.

Archived