Ex Bee-Line 05s VS. The WMATA Reject 05s

RockParkH

I rode on a ex BeeLine 05 on the Q113 today for the first time and was very impressed on how smooth they run and how good they look, then I rode on a WMATA Reject on the Q40 and it was a whole different story (All of you should know what im talking about) but I'm worried that MTA Bus wont take care of the BeeLine 05s and let them go to hell like the WMATA Rejects. Anyone else worried too?:eek:

One main thing that would affect the difference in how they hold up is the fact that the 1997 O5s have already survived the horror that was once Green Lines. Maintnenace-wise the Bee Line O5s went through much less wear and tear and were maintained better.

not only that, the ex-Green Line Orion V's look like hell before and today. BeeLine* Orion V buses look way better than the Green Line Orion V's.

i took a trip out to Westchester County, them buses look beautiful on the inside and outside. if only MTA can do the same to their interiors.

i really dont like the way MTA Bus is treating their buses for some reason. alot of parts are replaced, some parts are fithy dirty, some of the logos are even missing a letter, for example:

Orion VII NG 41xx (i forget which bus it is) on the Q9's side decals looked like this: "(MTA) us 4109". Wheres the "B" in the word BUS?

*BeeLine has alot of new buses, and even when the Flexible buses were around, they still make sure their buses look beautiful. If only BeeLine has RTS Buses like NJT 1000 series and up, it would look so hott and i bet the interior would look even hotter!!!

not only that, the ex-Green Line Orion V's look like hell before and today. BeeLine* Orion V buses look way better than the Green Line Orion V's.

i took a trip out to Westchester County, them buses look beautiful on the inside and outside. if only MTA can do the same to their interiors.

i really dont like the way MTA Bus is treating their buses for some reason. alot of parts are replaced, some parts are fithy dirty, some of the logos are even missing a letter, for example:

Orion VII NG 41xx (i forget which bus it is) on the Q9's side decals looked like this: "(MTA) us 4109". Wheres the "B" in the word BUS?

*BeeLine has alot of new buses, and even when the Flexible buses were around, they still make sure their buses look beautiful. If only BeeLine has RTS Buses like NJT 1000 series and up, it would look so hott and i bet the interior would look even hotter!!!

WCDOT seems to have the mentality that people would ride the bus, if it looks nice. Here they do, and that is why so many use them here. MTA doesn't have that mentality cause most need buses there, to get to the train. Don't forget, the buses there run alot more often than the buses do here. I do agree MTA can do better maintenance wise. That was one of the main reasons I left KB and went to West Farms when I was a B/O. I got tired of the tired KB buses. I did take a liking to the 600series that West Farms use to have. 663 was one of the better older Orions...........

I wonder why did Bee-Line not get any newer RTS, when they were still being made high floor????????

MTA Bus is lacking maintenance-wise, I have seen the ex-Green Line O5s before they went to MTA Bus and they looked horrible! While their looks have improved over in years since the takeover they leave something to be desired. College Point Depot is one of those that actually has some pretty damn good maintenance with their MCIs and O5 CNGs! I just can't stand the horrible paint jobs some of the other buses have though, they could REALLY do better with that, come on!

WCDOT seems to have the mentality that people would ride the bus, if it looks nice. Here they do, and that is why so many use them here. MTA doesn't have that mentality cause most need buses there, to get to the train. Don't forget, the buses there run alot more often than the buses do here. I do agree MTA can do better maintenance wise. That was one of the main reasons I left KB and went to West Farms when I was a B/O. I got tired of the tired KB buses. I did take a liking to the 600series that West Farms use to have. 663 was one of the better older Orions...........

I wonder why did Bee-Line not get any newer RTS, when they were still being made high floor????????

yea exactly. beeline would look even hotter with RTS Buses, lol.

You also have to look at vandalism for the ex-green lines orions and JFK period. I've seen kids take the cushion seats and throw them out the window, cut the pull cord and tie it to a poll, open the emergency hatch and stick their heads out of the top of the bus. Then you have to consider these buses are needed for service, some things are going to lack. For some reason, JFK buses always seem to have scratches as if they've been sideswiped or something... One time at the bus terminal a Q6 was backing(an orion V) and the driver totally hit the bus next to him and ripped off the rear light panel and it didn't sound all to well, it was an NG.

You also have to look at vandalism for the ex-green lines orions and JFK period. I've seen kids take the cushion seats and throw them out the window, cut the pull cord and tie it to a poll, open the emergency hatch and stick their heads out of the top of the bus. Then you have to consider these buses are needed for service, some things are going to lack. For some reason, JFK buses always seem to have scratches as if they've been sideswiped or something... One time at the bus terminal a Q6 was backing(an orion V) and the driver totally hit the bus next to him and ripped off the rear light panel and it didn't sound all to well, it was an NG.

Yes I understand that but it is like they haven't been looked at for years! For example the bus I rode on yesterday (forgot the number) the speakers on the ceiling in the back was gone, all of the windows cant open, I leaned my head back on the window because i was tired and the friggin whole window pushed out! I used to love riding the rejects well I still do but i want to see them in better shape.:)

I'm on an ex-Bee Line right now as I post this (#134 on the Q53), and for the most part its perfroming pretty well. The bus is clean inside and outside. The only problem with this one is that the a/c is busted along with the fareboxid say they'll last another 5 years at most.

Side note: while on the Rockaway flats, we passed 3616 (Orion VII OG from LGA) and it was being towed away.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's easier to keep their buses in better shape since they only have about 5 or 600 buses to maintain.

I'll take the WMATA Reject Orion Vs over those ex-bee lines anyday. Even though those ex-Bee Line Vs were maintained to such point where they just looked brand new, the ride and sound quality of those buses arent too good in my opinion. The WMATA Reject Vs sound much more better & have a better ride quality, despite their lack of maintenance.

I'll take the WMATA Reject Orion Vs over those ex-bee lines anyday. Even though those ex-Bee Line Vs were maintained to such point where they just looked brand new, the ride and sound quality of those buses arent too good in my opinion. The WMATA Reject Vs sound much more better & have a better ride quality, despite their lack of maintenance.

Same here.

Those WMATA rejects are survivors, they have "character".

They are an example of what a "real" bus is.

• 2 weeks later...

To hell with comparing a ex WMATA O5 to a BeeLine O5.Lets try comparing an actual,current WMATA O5 to the rejects....well there is NO comparison!The WMATA's have new cushions,unvandilzied windows,etc.Its just a matter that JFK refuses to care for thier O5's.WMATA should send one of thiers up here so that JFK can see the difference and MAYBE fix the damn things up.

It won't help, if the bus has to go out the bus has to go out. These buses up here get vandelized everyday. Yesterday on the Q11, I was on 594x and kids started ripping the seats and then two of them ripped them off the seat bottom and threw them out the window. If the MTA took time to continuously maintain the buses to the level they need these buses would never leave the depot.

theres an NG on the Q60 once that said MTA B s lol

another thing that comes to play is the fact that bee-line buses are not as busy was MTA buses and theres no 24hour runs on Bee line and Westchester Streets are in better condition that NYC streets. so Bee Line done get as beat down as NTA buses do.. look at the Neighborhoods as well!!!! all that comes to play as well!

I Agree 100% on That One

Wow and I thought the exBL's smoothness couldn't be beat.

I really hate that the (MTA) is getting rid of their Alcoa rims.

Archived