10 Stations in Need Of ADA Acessability

67thAve

and 67 th Ave why you picked these stations to be the next to have ada access and not others? Plus no Bronx stations on this list either.

Some other busy stations imo not on 67's list that needs ada.

1)86th St/Bay Ridge (R)

2)Wakefield-241 St (2)

3)Kings Highway (;)(Q)

4)86th St/Lex (4)(5)(6)

5)Winthrop/Nostrand (2)(5) access to Kings County Hosptial

6)Lorimer/Grand St (G)(L)

7)96th St/Lex (6) access to Mt Siani

8)242nd St Van Corlandt Park (1)

9)Utica Ave (3)(4)

10)Utica/Fulton (A)(C)

Just my takes.

and 67 th Ave why you picked these stations to be the next to have ada access and not others? Plus no Bronx stations on this list either.

Some other busy stations imo not on 67's list that needs ada.

3)Kings Highway (;)(Q)

9)Utica Ave (3)(4)

Just my takes.

Kings Highway is getting ADA (I think). Utica already has ADA.

Um, if the platform is too narrow, there's no way it can have an elevator as it would obstruct pedestrian flow and could be a hazzard if people needs to evacuate the platform.

So unless the Newkirk station has an elevator at the very end of the platform and doesn't block the train, then that's the only way it can have an elevator.

Forrest hills *shiver* has (sadly infrequent) LIRR as an alternative.

The 5th ave bryant park station is much more narrow than a lot of the other stations underground in manhattan, it is an interesting station, but a bit too claustrophobic for me. I don't think there is any space for an elevator, either above or below ground here.

Mets willets point doesn't need elevators since any time there is an event at either the new stadium or the tennis complex LIRR stops there, though it would be nice for folks to be able to go there whenever.

- A

I would add West Farms Sq, Prospect, 174th/180th as busy stations on my line WPR!

Agreed west farms needs it AdA because it has to be one of the highest stations in the system, besides smith 9 sts and intervale. I think west farms is at least six stories high.

Archived