IRT Train Arrival Time Boards Discussion

R32 3348

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There still some glicthes on Franklin Av signs. Overall its almost near accurate when trains arrive.

It will be intresting to see what they do at Atlantic Avenue.

they should be done with Atlantic ave this up coming week if not already where do i go on twitter i wanted too follow it on there

I think you mean this: http://twitpic.com/photos/NYCTSubwayScoop. This is the one where you can actually see the photos. Nevins and Hoyt is up, according to it.

103 st on the 6 has its up and running

Thanks for the info

hey did anyone see if atlantic ave i on and how about utica ave

Stop double posting. Use the edit button

I think you mean this: http://twitpic.com/photos/NYCTSubwayScoop. This is the one where you can actually see the photos. Nevins and Hoyt is up, according to it.

Thanks for the info

Stop double posting. Use the edit butt

oh yea forgot that sorry, Hoyt at been on for a wile now i made a vid of it does anyone have pics of atlantic ave and nevins . the last time i was there i did a vid but it wasnt fully working

My experience is whenever twitter posts pics from a station,that stations signs are here to stay.

i would say so too but i love doing the vids oh yea i put up the vids of president st atlantic and grand army plaza check it out chrisjct on youtube

A couple of thoughts.First i noticed a little glitch at a lot of stations.That is when the train is almost in the station (4 min or less away)it will disappear from the screens making people think that they have till the train after that comes,when really its like 2 min away.Also i wonder how the system would work in a 1 track operation like this:

(2)Sterling St, Winthrop St and Church Av

Late Night, 12:01 AM to 5 AM Tuesday, Jun 8

All trains arrive and depart on the Manhattan-bound track.

A couple of thoughts.First i noticed a little glitch at a lot of stations.That is when the train is almost in the station (4 min or less away)it will disappear from the screens making people think that they have till the train after that comes,when really its like 2 min away.Also i wonder how the system would work in a 1 track operation like this:

(2)Sterling St, Winthrop St and Church Av

Late Night, 12:01 AM to 5 AM Tuesday, Jun 8

All trains arrive and depart on the Manhattan-bound track.

That's why you see the message "System under test" on these screens, so they can fix stuff like this.

I witness at Franklin Avenue yesterday morning going towards Brooklyn College. The reliability rating is decrease some what when it does not notices the (2) and (5) trains arriving at the same time going to the same destination. Plus the arrival times were off at a minute or two on all trains heading towards the southern terminals.

I don't like how the clocks will show up to maybe the next 7 or 8 trains. It's nice to know the boards have a wide capacity but I don't think it's necessary to show more than the next few trains...

Here's how I would do it:

Examples (using different platform arrangements/ number of lines at that platform):

Nevins St or Grand Central: No more than the next 5 trains. (maybe 6 max.)

Grand Army Plaza or Hunts Point Av: Say, the next 4 trains.

Sterling Street or 18th St: I think the next 3 or 4 trains is good.

Otherwise, you get information overload (like the search overload Bing is trying to counter.)

Being relevant now, Winthrop Street is offline. President St and GAP [no, not that GAP] is up around the clock, but you knew that already.

Archived