IRT Train Arrival Time Boards Discussion

R32 3348

I don't like how the clocks will show up to maybe the next 7 or 8 trains. It's nice to know the boards have a wide capacity but I don't think it's necessary to show more than the next few trains...

Here's how I would do it:

Examples (using different platform arrangements/ number of lines at that platform):

Nevins St or Grand Central: No more than the next 5 trains. (maybe 6 max.)

Grand Army Plaza or Hunts Point Av: Say, the next 4 trains.

Sterling Street or 18th St: I think the next 3 or 4 trains is good.

Otherwise, you get information overload (like the search overload Bing is trying to counter.)

Being relevant now, Winthrop Street is offline. President St and GAP [no, not that GAP] is up around the clock, but you knew that already.

You got your wish, Today going home at Franklin they were only showing the next train ONLY for each line.(Not the next two).I think at Atlantic it might be similar.I'll have to see when i go again.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You got your wish, Today going home at Franklin they were only showing the next train ONLY for each line.(Not the next two).I think at Atlantic it might be similar.I'll have to see when i go again.

i seen them today i just got back from atlantic and franklin it showed the next two too come in not the next two for the same train so that is like 2 less for each train and yea they are making some changes too them now in brooklyn

Updating again...

79th & 103rd Sts on the (1) line are now active.

79 St http://twitpic.com/1xmgih

103 St http://twitpic.com/1xmnvg

The full list is available here. By the way, I will be updating the list only when the stations' clocks can be confirmed, either by the MTA via Twitter or by forum members through pics/vids.

thank you for adding 103 i seen that one a few weeks ago they should have more on for the jerome line this week i think ill let you know. oh and fyi the flushing line 7 isnt the same as the 152 stations that are going too have them, they will be a hole separate part so the part you have with the 7 shouldnt be there because its not counted in the 152 stations that will have them online. just the 1 2 3 4 5 6 aare getting them.

Tonight on every Nostrand Ave. line station that is currently active the signs said "Train schedules are not available".Plus there were no announcements.

thats most likely work being done thats all it is only temporary i think they do that for some software work it should be on when they are done.

NOTE: the 2-5 line in the bx from 3rd ave 149th st too 180th st is going too be on later this summer its part of the 75 stations too be on by years end, they just finished the wiring. from 180th st north too 241st st will be next years work the dyre ave line will be on after the work on the CBTS, that should be late this year or early next year but they are done with wiring as well.

thats most likely work being done thats all it is only temporary i think they do that for some software work it should be on when they are done.

NOTE: the 2-5 line in the bx from 3rd ave 149th st too 180th st is going too be on later this summer its part of the 75 stations too be on by years end, they just finished the wiring. from 180th st north too 241st st will be next years work the dyre ave line will be on after the work on the CBTS, that should be late this year or early next year but they are done with wiring as well.

As far as i know Dyre ave. line and Flushing line signs will not be activated till 2016.

CBTC is a signal system and is unrelated to train arrival displays.

i know that they are doing work on the tracks and that was holding them up all the signals are being done over from 149th up too the last stops on both wp and dyre ave lines they said that cbtc was some the reason for the ats work being held up

Dyre Ave(5) and 241St WPR (2) are in dark territory for the ATS system, which means anything north of 3rd Ave-149th St. There is no CBTC system in the IRT at this time. The countdown clocks are tied in to the ATS system and the Dyre line won't be hooked into the Siemens ATS grid any time soon. The whole line must be wired and a new signal system installed from East 180th St to Dyre Avenue before the clocks are activated. That's why some of us employees laughed when someone posted that the removal of the wrapping around the clocks meant imminent activation. Come up to the (5) line and they're 90% unwrapped, and have been for months.

Dyre Ave(5) and 241St WPR (2) are in dark territory for the ATS system, which means anything north of 3rd Ave-149th St. There is no CBTC system in the IRT at this time. The countdown clocks are tied in to the ATS system and the Dyre line won't be hooked into the Siemens ATS grid any time soon. The whole line must be wired and a new signal system installed from East 180th St to Dyre Avenue before the clocks are activated. That's why some of us employees laughed when someone posted that the removal of the wrapping around the clocks meant imminent activation. Come up to the (5) line and they're 90% unwrapped, and have been for months.

thats not what i heard from the guys working on them this week i was at tremont west farms rd and they were wiring them up and i asked them how long until they come on they told me that from 149th street too 180 will be done in w month they are doing all them now and also adding boards where they didn't have them like the fare area.the white planes line north of 180 st will take time. the Dyre ave line is being worked on now he told me after they are done with the new signaling they will finish they work on the ats but that's only the Dyre ave line and wpr line from 180th south too 149th they are doing them now. i was shocked too because i live in that area and for years they haven't done any work on them they all wasn't wired or anything, so yea i had too ask them when i saw them working on them last this week.

List updated as of 06/18/10

79th St. (1) - http://twitpic.com/1xmgih

Spring St. (6) - http://twitpic.com/1x2ouq

The Bronx

Broadway/7th Ave. Line (1) - None (0/3) (excluding Marble Hill)

Jerome Line (4) - 170th St., 138th St. (2/14)

White Plains Road Line (2)(5) - will get signs by November 2011 after signal work (0/20)

Dyre Ave. line (5) - will not get signs until 2016 after signal work

Pelham Line (6) - All Stations except for Whitlock Ave., Morrison Ave. - Soundview, and Parkchester (15/18)

Brooklyn

Eastern Parkway Line (2)(3)(4)(5) - All Stations except for Clark St. and Borough Hall (7/9)

New Lots Ave. Line (3)(4) - Nostrand Ave., Kingston Ave. (2/10)

Nostrand Ave. Line (2)(5) - President St., Sterling St., Newkirk Ave. (3/7)

Manhattan

Broadway/7th Ave. Line (1)(2)(3) - 157th St., 110th St., 79th St., 28th St., 18th St. (5/44, including Marble Hill)

Lexington Ave. Line (4)(5)(6) - 103rd St., 28th St., 23rd St., Astor Pl., Spring St., Canal St. (6/23)

Flushing Line (7) - will not get signs until 2016 after CBTC and PA/CIS work

42nd St. Crosstown (S) - None (0/2)

Queens

Stations with the new screens: 40/150 (26%) - not counting Cortlandt St. (1), Dyre (5) & Flushing (7) lines)

The (MTA) says they want 152 IRT stations with the signs by the end of 2011. However, I only count 150 IRT stations. What am I missing?

thats not what i heard from the guys working on them this week i was at tremont west farms rd and they were wiring them up and i asked them how long until they come on they told me that from 149th street too 180 will be done in w month they are doing all them now and also adding boards where they didn't have them like the fare area.the white planes line north of 180 st will take time. the Dyre ave line is being worked on now he told me after they are done with the new signaling they will finish they work on the ats but that's only the Dyre ave line and wpr line from 180th south too 149th they are doing them now. i was shocked too because i live in that area and for years they haven't done any work on them they all wasn't wired or anything, so yea i had too ask them when i saw them working on them last this week.

I've been working the (5) line since BEFORE the redbirds and they've been installing a new signal system up there before that. No offense but I'll believe it when I see it. It took them years to install new switches in Unionport yard and that was only because the Feds came in and wanted to know why the yard had hand throw switches when the Feds paid for new equipment. What the (MTA) plans and says, and what it does, usually don't coincide.

List updated as of 06/18/10

79th St. (1) - http://twitpic.com/1xmgih

Spring St. (6) - http://twitpic.com/1x2ouq

The Bronx

Broadway/7th Ave. Line (1) - None (0/3) (excluding Marble Hill)

Jerome Line (4) - 170th St., 138th St. (2/14)

White Plains Road Line (2)(5) - will get signs by November 2011 after signal work (0/20)

Dyre Ave. line (5) - will not get signs until 2016 after signal work

Pelham Line (6) - All Stations except for Whitlock Ave., Morrison Ave. - Soundview, and Parkchester (15/18)

Brooklyn

Eastern Parkway Line (2)(3)(4)(5) - All Stations except for Clark St. and Borough Hall (7/9)

New Lots Ave. Line (3)(4) - Nostrand Ave., Kingston Ave. (2/10)

Nostrand Ave. Line (2)(5) - President St., Sterling St., Newkirk Ave. (3/7)

Manhattan

Broadway/7th Ave. Line (1)(2)(3) - 157th St., 110th St., 79th St., 28th St., 18th St. (5/44, including Marble Hill)

Lexington Ave. Line (4)(5)(6) - 103rd St., 28th St., 23rd St., Astor Pl., Spring St., Canal St. (6/23)

42nd St. Crosstown (S) - None (0/2)

Queens

Stations with the new screens: 40/150 (26%) - not counting Cortlandt St. (1), Dyre (5) & Flushing (7) lines)

The (MTA) says they want 152 IRT stations with the signs by the end of 2011. However, I only count 150 IRT stations. What am I missing?

your missing what was wtc they havent taking that out

I've been working the (5) line since BEFORE the redbirds and they've been installing a new signal system up there before that. No offense but I'll believe it when I see it. It took them years to install new switches in Unionport yard and that was only because the Feds came in and wanted to know why the yard had hand throw switches when the Feds paid for new equipment. What the (MTA) plans and says, and what it does, usually don't coincide.

i understand that really but i dont see what work they are doing at the union port yard my cousin is working there at 180th st but i dont think that is going too keep them from working on the system they was just doing work on the PA CIS at all the stations if you look at any station from jackson too 180th st they have wired them all they are doing this all over, but when i hear more ill post what i get

For the past few days, at President and Sterling Streets, the countdown clocks have read something like this:

Train schedule is not

6/18/10 7:34:42

available.

6/18/10 7:34:50

Anyone know why? I have not seen this anywhere else. I was hoping an issue like this would never come up....

For the past few days, at President and Sterling Streets, the countdown clocks have read something like this:

Train schedule is not

available.

Anyone know why? I have not seen this anywhere else. I was hoping an issue like this would never come up....

A glitch probably. Things happen.

Train schedule is not

available.

All the stations on the Nostrand Line were like this on thursday evening.My friend told me it was like this all week.I wonder if the MTA even knows about it.I think a week is a long time for it to be not working like that.

All the stations on the Nostrand Line were like this on thursday evening.My friend told me it was like this all week.I wonder if the MTA even knows about it.I think a week is a long time for it to be not working like that.

the MTA don't run it yet they still have techs doing it they won't have full control of it untill its fully up and running but i did hear that when it like that it being worked on, they know if it's out at anytime because it shows up on a moniter.

the MTA don't run it yet they still have techs doing it they won't have full control of it untill its fully up and running but i did hear that when it like that it being worked on, they know if it's out at anytime because it shows up on a moniter.

i just saw another station up 116at lex ave is on now ill hve the vid today (6)

hey i got great news fordham rd is on now i saw it today the other stations are coming on soon along the jerome ave line now i am not sure as too what order but they will be coming on in the next few weeks

Archived