IRT Train Arrival Time Boards Discussion

R32 3348

As you may or may not know, the (MTA) is planning on expanding the train arrival time boards across 156 IRT stations systemwide by 2011, with 100 stations using the system by the end of December 2010. This means that every IRT station will get the signs, except for the Flushing Line, White Plains Road and Dyre lines (due to signal modernization projects currently underway). The expansion of PA/CIS (Public Adress/Customer Information Screens) systems across the IRT is made possible by the completion of ATS (Automatic Train Supervision), a modernization of the existing signal system. All 24 (L) stations have this system, but the system on the IRT also includes screens outside the fare payment area which allow riders to know when their train will arrive before they pay their fare. IMO this should also be done on the (L).

The following is a list of stations (as of 01/31/10) which have the screens so far. It will be expanded as more stations get these signs throughout 2010-2011. Stations in red are the newest to have this system functioning.

Note - Most IRT stations have the signs in the station, but they are not yet functional. This list is keeping track of which stations have the signs up and running.

(1) None

(2) None (White Plains Rd. stations will get signs by November 2011 after signal work)

(3) None

(4) None

(5) None (White Plains Rd. stations will get signs by November 2011 after signal work; Dyre line stations will not get until 2016)

(6)Buhre Ave., Middletown Rd., Longwood Ave., E. 149th St., E. 143rd St., Cypress Ave., Brook Ave.

(7) None (stations will not get signs until 2016 after CBTC and PA/CIS work)

For more information, read the MTA Press Release or read this article.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(1) None

They have those signs all over the 7 Av local line. They are wrapped in Styrofoam and bubble wrap. They are also hanging from the ceiling. They even have it on the NB platform in Dyckman st. on the (1)

They have those signs all over the 7 Av local line. They are wrapped in Styrofoam and bubble wrap. They are also hanging from the ceiling. They even have it on the NB platform in Dyckman st. on the (1)

Also all over the Lexington Av Line and I've seen em every stop on the (4) line in the Bronx and there still wrapped in plastic.

Those things already have problems, IMO. Last week when I was on the (6), I came into those stations in the Bx N/B (Brook - Hunts Point). The 1st line in the sign would flash, saying 0 min, which would be correct, but it had the next arrival 42min. I mean, yes we run at increased headways, but not 42min. Nothing was over the radio about any incident, behind my interval, that would cause such a delay.........

During the day, it works fine so far..........

• 2 months later...

Four stations in Brooklyn (Bergen St., Eastern Pkwy-Brooklyn Museum, Nostrand Av, and Kingston Av) have the PA/CIS screens online now. Also, St. Lawrence Ave. now has these signs along with 3 other Pelham line stations that are still unidentified. Here is the updated list:

(1) None

(2)Bergen St., Eastern Pkwy-Brooklyn Museum, Nostrand Av, Kingston Av

(White Plains Rd. stations will get signs by November 2011 after signal work)

(3)Bergen St., Eastern Pkwy-Brooklyn Museum, Nostrand Av, Kingston Av

(4) None

(5) None (White Plains Rd. stations will get signs by November 2011 after signal work; Dyre line stations will not get until 2016)

(6) Buhre Ave., Middletown Rd., Longwood Ave., E. 149th St., E. 143rd St., Cypress Ave., Brook Ave., St. Lawrence Ave.

(7) None (stations will not get signs until 2016 after CBTC and PA/CIS work)

Here is a list of the stations that have the signs on a line-by-line basis, which is more convenient to keep track of. At the end of each line is the stations on the line with screens out of the total stations on the line.

The Bronx

Broadway/7th Ave. Line (1) - None (0/3) (Marble Hill = Manhattan)

Jerome Line (4) - None (0/14)

White Plains Road/Dyre Ave. Line (2)(5) - None (White Plains Rd. stations will get signs by November 2011 after signal work; Dyre line stations will not get until 2016)

Pelham Line (6) - Buhre Ave., Middletown Rd., Longwood Ave., E. 149th St., E. 143rd St., Cypress Ave., Brook Ave., St. Lawrence Ave. (11/18, 8 listed)

Brooklyn

Brooklyn Mainline - Bergen St., Eastern Pkwy-Brooklyn Museum (2/9)

Livonia Line (3)(4) - Nostrand Ave., Kingston Ave. (2/10)

Nostrand Ave. Line (2)(5) - None (0/7)

Manhattan

Broadway/7th Ave. Line (1)(2)(3) - None (0/43) (Marble Hill = Manhattan)

Lexington Ave. Line (4)(5)(6) - None (0/23)

42nd St. Line (7) - None (stations will not get signs until 2016 after CBTC and PA/CIS work)

42nd St. Crosstown (S) - None (0/2)

Queens

Flushing Line - None (stations will not get signs until 2016 after CBTC and PA/CIS work)

Stations with the new screens: 15/152 (12 listed - not counting WPR, Dyre & Flushing lines)

I'd also appreciate it if a mod stickied this thread, seeing as this is going to be updated frequently throughout the next year.

It's not on the Lenox end of the line, but on the opposite end of the route in Brooklyn (the local stations near Franklin Ave.).

BTW there were more Pelham Line stations that went online under the radar a while ago, which I'm adding right now to the list.

Every local station on the Pelham Line has these signs. I was up there a few days ago and the only station I didn't get a good view of the signs was Elder Ave., but I think that station already has signs working. I also took the (6) today, and both Astor Pl. and Canal St. have the signs on both platforms working. I also heard that the signs at 157th St. on the (1) are working.

Every local station on the Pelham Line has these signs. I was up there a few days ago and the only station I didn't get a good view of the signs was Elder Ave., but I think that station already has signs working. I also took the (6) today, and both Astor Pl. and Canal St. have the signs on both platforms working. I also heard that the signs at 157th St. on the (1) are working.

Yes there is, Some dude posted a Video at Youtube. Tomo im heading to the Van Cortland line for a video after (F)(G) g.o.

The downtown Cathedral-110th platform on the (1) has 'em.

Does anyone have a current list of stations with train-arrival message boards? Has the MTA published a more recent press release on the message boards, or do I have open a Twitter account to find out? :)

Every local station on the Pelham Line has these signs. I was up there a few days ago and the only station I didn't get a good view of the signs was Elder Ave., but I think that station already has signs working.

Not completely true. They have the signs BUT the Pelham Bay Park and Westchester Sq stations signs haven't been activated yet. I will be too happy when they are.

Archived