IRT Train Arrival Time Boards Discussion

R32 3348

one thing that i see here in the states is that even if we was too try and do things like that and have new up to date things like other country's do like smartcards and 250 mph trains like in japan and even in Germany people here couldnt work together and get it done. they pay for the best in other countrys but here we dont want too pay for anything new or old other countrys pay way more than we do here even if we went up a full buck we wont be paying as much as londen or japan or Germany, i cant ever see the us do things like other places do we just dont have people working together and willing too do what it takes too get it done. they are moving forward and we are almost at a stand still. :(

Erm, you want to include some punctuation? Looks like you were making some valid points, but I can't read that.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Erm, you want to include some punctuation? Looks like you were making some valid points, but I can't read that.

i know why that is, i use like a texting grammar so it comes out that way sorry for that, im really used of aim and things where you dont really use that lol

Here is the updated list as of 05/16/10.

Hunts Point Ave. (6) -

23rd St. (6) - http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20041

3rd Ave. - 138th St. (6) - http://www.twitpic.com/1ng8k3

Franklin Ave. (2)(3)(4)(5) - http://www.youtube.com/user/chrisjct#p/u/9/AJ3ERv0NHZk

The Bronx

Broadway/7th Ave. Line (1) - None (0/3) (excluding Marble Hill)

Jerome Line (4) - 170th St. (1/14)

White Plains Road Line (2)(5) - will get signs by November 2011 after signal work (0/20)

Dyre Ave. line (5) - will not get signs until 2016 after signal work

Pelham Line (6) - Buhre Ave., Middletown Rd., Westchester Sq., Zerega Ave., Castle Hill Ave., St. Lawrence Ave., Elder Ave., Hunts Point Ave., Longwood Ave., E. 149th St., E. 143rd St., Cypress Ave., Brook Ave., 3rd Ave. - 138th St. (14/18)

Brooklyn

Eastern Parkway Line (2)(3)(4)(5) - Bergen St., Eastern Pkwy-Brooklyn Museum, Franklin Ave. (3/9)

New Lots Ave. Line (3)(4) - Nostrand Ave., Kingston Ave. (2/10)

Nostrand Ave. Line (2)(5) - Sterling St., Newkirk Ave. (2/7)

Manhattan

Broadway/7th Ave. Line (1)(2)(3) - 157th St., 110th St., 18th St. (3/44, including Marble Hill)

Lexington Ave. Line (4)(5)(6) - 28th St., 23rd St., Astor Pl., Canal St. (4/23)

Flushing Line (7) - will not get signs until 2016 after CBTC and PA/CIS work

42nd St. Crosstown (S) - None (0/2)

Queens

Stations with the new screens: 29/150 (not counting Cortlandt St. (1), Dyre (5) & Flushing (7) lines)

Is Hoyt St. (2)(3) up and running yet?

hoyt street is on and working good, ill do a video pn ot today by 5pm. franklin will come back online when they finish the software and atlantic ave is going too be back on some time this week. oh and they may have more jerome ave stations coming on soon.

Here is the updated list as of 05/16/10.

Hunts Point Ave. (6) -

23rd St. (6) - http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20041

3rd Ave. - 138th St. (6) - http://www.twitpic.com/1ng8k3

Franklin Ave. (2)(3)(4)(5) - http://www.youtube.com/user/chrisjct#p/u/9/AJ3ERv0NHZk

The Bronx

Broadway/7th Ave. Line (1) - None (0/3) (excluding Marble Hill)

Jerome Line (4) - 170th St. (1/14)

White Plains Road Line (2)(5) - will get signs by November 2011 after signal work (0/20)

Dyre Ave. line (5) - will not get signs until 2016 after signal work

Pelham Line (6) - Buhre Ave., Middletown Rd., Westchester Sq., Zerega Ave., Castle Hill Ave., St. Lawrence Ave., Elder Ave., Hunts Point Ave., Longwood Ave., E. 149th St., E. 143rd St., Cypress Ave., Brook Ave., 3rd Ave. - 138th St. (14/18)

Brooklyn

Eastern Parkway Line (2)(3)(4)(5) - Bergen St., Eastern Pkwy-Brooklyn Museum, Franklin Ave. (3/9)

New Lots Ave. Line (3)(4) - Nostrand Ave., Kingston Ave. (2/10)

Nostrand Ave. Line (2)(5) - Sterling St., Newkirk Ave. (2/7)

Manhattan

Broadway/7th Ave. Line (1)(2)(3) - 157th St., 110th St., 18th St. (3/44, including Marble Hill)

Lexington Ave. Line (4)(5)(6) - 28th St., 23rd St., Astor Pl., Canal St. (4/23)

42nd St. Crosstown (S) - None (0/2)

Queens

Stations with the new screens: 29/150 (not counting Cortlandt St. (1), Dyre (5) & Flushing (7) lines)

Is Hoyt St. (2)(3) up and running yet?

it is on and working good now ima make a vid soon

thank you for that now that one should be on soon

Ha, I doubt it, it will be soon. The pace is slowass.

The working board on which platform for the (2) or (5) on first to depart still works on most of the times.

It would be interesting how it would work at Flatbush ave.Because When a train "arrives"it dosen't usually leave right away.I wonder if they will replace the word "arrive" with "depart".

It would be pointless to use them at any terminals other than for NEXT TRAIN displays. Why would you need a countdown when you already know when it's leaving based on starting lights? It's a lot more accurate than a series of sound bytes for each word explaining that it's ready to leave a minute after it already left. Also, those old red electronic signs that beep when the train is approaching are probably a fraction of the cost and are a lot more useful. Sure they don't give you a timeframe, but a stations which have them you can usually chill in a mezzanine and go down to the platform when you see/hear the sign.

The stupidity of the countdown clocks is how many people are going to see the train isn't coming for another 20 mins and actually leave the station after having just paid the fare? That would only work if the displays are visible outside of fare control and in many cases I don't believe they are. Even so, probably a small minority of people who would actually refer to them for that and sure isn't worth the cost. It also seems like they've installed them primarily in either lightly used stations or stations frequent service at most times, like the 6. Nostrand and Kingston on the 3? Why would those stations get them ahead of Borough Hall?

It would be pointless to use them at any terminals other than for NEXT TRAIN displays. Why would you need a countdown when you already know when it's leaving based on starting lights? It's a lot more accurate than a series of sound bytes for each word explaining that it's ready to leave a minute after it already left. Also, those old red electronic signs that beep when the train is approaching are probably a fraction of the cost and are a lot more useful. Sure they don't give you a timeframe, but a stations which have them you can usually chill in a mezzanine and go down to the platform when you see/hear the sign.

The stupidity of the countdown clocks is how many people are going to see the train isn't coming for another 20 mins and actually leave the station after having just paid the fare? That would only work if the displays are visible outside of fare control and in many cases I don't believe they are. Even so, probably a small minority of people who would actually refer to them for that and sure isn't worth the cost. It also seems like they've installed them primarily in either lightly used stations or stations frequent service at most times, like the 6. Nostrand and Kingston on the 3? Why would those stations get them ahead of Borough Hall?

you should see what we do up here in the bronx being thatwe have had them for a wiles now, we love them we don't look into the dark tunnel we sit down and wait for the train like they do on the MNR OR LIRR. and it also tells you what's going on in the system other than the countdown check out my videos on YouTube i show it all. its so sad too keep seeing people not like this sysytem, because other countrys have all this already and we, like years behind why do this country hate change so much? this helps us do much

i have a problem why do people keep saying there isn't a countdown board outside the fare area. they don't see them outside at the stations that work? every station that work hve them outside the fare area so if you want too see them before you pay its there for you i even show it on my vids so check them out on youtube

i have a problem why do people keep saying there isn't a countdown board outside the fare area. they don't see them outside at the stations that work? every station that work hve them outside the fare area so if you want too see them before you pay its there for you i even show it on my vids so check them out on youtube

A good amount of skepticism comes from the arrival board setup on the 14th St-Canarsie Line. There are a number of stations on the (L) that don't have any boards visible from outside the farezone. I hop on the (L) from 3rd Ave to 8th Ave about twice a week, and it'd be nice to know if the train will get me there faster than a crosstown bus.

With that said, I do have faith that the MTA won't make the same mistake on the IRT. (Yes, "faith" and "the MTA" are in the same sentence. :cool:)

A good amount of skepticism comes from the arrival board setup on the 14th St-Canarsie Line. There are a number of stations on the (L) that don't have any boards visible from outside the farezone. I hop on the (L) from 3rd Ave to 8th Ave about twice a week, and it'd be nice to know if the train will get me there faster than a crosstown bus.

With that said, I do have faith that the MTA won't make the same mistake on the IRT. (Yes, "faith" and "the MTA" are in the same sentence. :cool:)

yea i know on the L some don't have it but all or the IRT stations have them on the fare area, and all of the ones at the fare area tell you the trains coming in both directions.

yea i know on the L some don't have it but all or the IRT stations have them on the fare area, and all of the ones at the fare area tell you the trains coming in both directions.

These stations do not have them in the fare area

Sterling street(2)(5)

President st(2)(5)

These stations do not have them in the fare area

Sterling street(2)(5)

President st(2)(5)

they will they don't have them because some stations have too wait for more, they ran out of the boards so they have more coming in now so some of the stations that didn't have them do now like all of the white plans line and sure ave line have them. and 161st have them now.

Most of the riders have some form of an unlimited Metrocard so they wouldn't mind. Also, all of the IRT stations will have the countdown clocks outside the fare control so it wouldn't be a problem anyway. Also, they are opening them up based on which stations finish the software/hardware installation first. It's a moot point since at least 100 stations will have them up and running by the end of this year.

they will they don't have them because some stations have too wait for more, they ran out of the boards so they have more coming in now so some of the stations that didn't have them do now like all of the white plans line and sure ave line have them. and 161st have them now.

Sure Avenue?

Do you mean Buhre Av (6)<6>?

Archived