My Plan To Unclog Queens Plaza Jct.

67thAve

I don't have time to waste on locals. People like myself have jobs and other obligations. The service patterns should cater to the needs of the majority. At Union Turnpike 1/3 of the riders on the (F) switch to the (E) since the (E) goes to where they need to go while the (F) makes random stops in the middle of nowhere like Roosevelt Island.

Spoken like a true Springfield Gardener. THAT is the exact reason why my friends and I despise that neighborhood, thinking that it's just YOU guys who feel their desires should be catered to 25/7.

I hope the (E) gets cut in the next batch of MTA service cuts, have the (R) run local from 95th Street to Jamaica Center just to make you guys suffer and realize how much of a detriment you can be to MTA service planning.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys the (F) and (V) virtually has no difference only that the (V) serves the 53rd St. Tunnel and is a local version of the (F)... It is just 10 block difference, what is the difference?

Because 53rd St. is a much more popular thoroughfare and actually goes through Midtown, unlike 63rd St.

I don't have time to waste on locals. People like myself have jobs and other obligations. The service patterns should cater to the needs of the majority. At Union Turnpike 1/3 of the riders on the (F) switch to the (E) since the (E) goes to where they need to go while the (F) makes random stops in the middle of nowhere like Roosevelt Island.

The (V) is AT MOST 5 minutes slower than the (E). 5 extra minutes is all it takes to get a seat and a much more comfortable encironment. You yourself have stated that you favor the R46s. (F) riders need to get to midtown with minimal congestion. They can use the OOS transfer at 59th if they want to get the (6). It's not like the transfer will be any shorter if there was (were?) an underground passageway anyway. Yes 63rd St. has a lot of escalators but escalators also give you the choice of not walking up them.

___

Also, to everyone else, why would you send the (R) via 63rd? The (R) is usually heavily SRO-packed going from Queens Plaza to Lexington - 59th because it is the ONLY train from Queens Blvd. to offer a transfer to the (4)(5) AND (6). Taking that connection away is impossible and will never happen. It offers a much easier transfer to the (6) than the (E) which is why people flock from the (E) to the (R) at Queens Plaza. So in essence this is just another (V) train thread.

Spoken like a true Springfield Gardener. THAT is the exact reason why my friends and I despise that neighborhood, thinking that it's just YOU guys who feel their desires should be catered to 25/7.

I hope the (E) gets cut in the next batch of MTA service cuts, have the (R) run local from 95th Street to Jamaica Center just to make you guys suffer and realize how much of a detriment you can be to MTA service planning.

wheres the thanks button when u need it!

Oh, so because people lives on Roosevelt Island, they don't count as a ridership to you? Who are you to say who should and shouldn't have service? Plus from Roosevelt Av to 47-50th, the E and F makes the same amount of stops, for the F, the stops are more evenly spaced out and is not subjugated to the delays along 53rd St.

Anyone who thinks the (F) stopping at 21st/Queensbridge, Roosevelt Island, Lexington/63rd and 57 Street instead of Queens Plaza, 23rd/Ely, Lexington/53rd, and 5th Avenue doesn't use the Queens Blvd lines on a regular basis. 90% of (F) riders would probably prefer that the (F) serve the East Side business district where office buildings are located and where there's convenient connections to other lines instead of making these random, inane stops that nobody uses.

I thought we were past this chapter.

Because 53rd St. is a much more popular thoroughfare and actually goes through Midtown, unlike 63rd St.

The (V) is AT MOST 5 minutes slower than the (E). 5 extra minutes is all it takes to get a seat and a much more comfortable encironment. You yourself have stated that you favor the R46s. (F) riders need to get to midtown with minimal congestion. They can use the OOS transfer at 59th if they want to get the (6). It's not like the transfer will be any shorter if there was (were?) an underground passageway anyway. Yes 63rd St. has a lot of escalators but escalators also give you the choice of not walking up them.

___

Also, to everyone else, why would you send the (R) via 63rd? The (R) is usually heavily SRO-packed going from Queens Plaza to Lexington - 59th because it is the ONLY train from Queens Blvd. to offer a transfer to the (4)(5) AND (6). Taking that connection away is impossible and will never happen. It offers a much easier transfer to the (6) than the (E) which is why people flock from the (E) to the (R) at Queens Plaza. So in essence this is just another (V) train thread.

heres what i would do if i were on QB needing east side IRT service:

get off and take the R. i do beleive Lex ave is one stop away from Queens Plaza compared to 2 stops on the 53rd st line.

___

Exactly, I'd gladly leave the house 10 mins earlier for a more comfortable ride on the local. God knows a day at work or school will be stress enough. I don't want to pile into an express train and deal with even more stress.

And totally agreed about the R, why the hell would anyone want to move it away from 60th St. That would overburden the already crowded 53rd St tunnel. And the R transfer is way easier than 53rd and allows for a transfer to the 4/5 lines.

Anyone who thinks the (F) stopping at 21st/Queensbridge, Roosevelt Island, Lexington/63rd and 57 Street instead of Queens Plaza, 23rd/Ely, Lexington/53rd, and 5th Avenue doesn't use the Queens Blvd lines on a regular basis. 90% of (F) riders would probably prefer that the (F) serve the East Side business district where office buildings are located and where there's convenient connections to other lines instead of making these random, inane stops that nobody uses.

I did a year and a half ago. And ill tell you, Its the same number of stops. you would not be saying this if u lived in Queensbridge or Roosevelt Is.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one" Its a line from Star Trek, But its also true.

Just like in the express bus thread, my opinion means nothing. It's always five people vs. Forest Glen.

With all due respect. this thread is about a suggestion and opinions. Not 1 vs 100. and if you can really sit back and think for a second, if this is how it ends up on a forum about whet goes along QBL and to where, imagine if you took this discussion directly to all of QBL's riders. And if they dissagreed with you there, would you say the entire line is against you too?

Just like in the express bus thread, my opinion means nothing. It's always five people vs. Forest Glen.

It's because you still say the same thing over and over again and refuse to think about the other side [what's best for the majority] than what's best for you.

Like the DC Metro vs NYCT subway thing, no matter how many times it's been stated about DC's system being decades younger and smaller, you think NYCT's system is supposed to have a fair comparison to that. You refuse to change your mind and repeat the same thing over and over again.

It's not about the number of stops. Every Queens-Manhattan line has a connection to the (6) except the (F). That's simply ludicrous. People who take the bus from Floral Park, Queens Village, and Fresh Meadows to 179 Street have to make an additional transfer to the (E) just to reach their destination. Queens local riders already have the (R). The (R) has a connection to the (6). At least before the crowding was evenly distributed between the (E) and (F). Now the (E) is the only reliable Queens Blvd line.

Then don't take the subway....take the express bus.

I did a year and a half ago. And ill tell you, Its the same number of stops. you would not be saying this if u lived in Queensbridge or Roosevelt Is.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one" Its a line from Star Trek, But its also true.

That's an excellent phrase and I'm not even a Trekie. Very wise words to live by.

It's not about the number of stops. Every Queens-Manhattan line has a connection to the (6) except the (F). That's simply ludicrous. People who take the bus from Floral Park, Queens Village, and Fresh Meadows to 179 Street have to make an additional transfer to the (E) just to reach their destination. Queens local riders already have the (R). The (R) has a connection to the (6). At least before the crowding was evenly distributed between the (E) and (F). Now the (E) is the only reliable Queens Blvd line.

Thats IF and only IF they need the (6). what if you dont? hell, what if they need the 4 and 5? neither the E or the F transfer directly to the 4/5

Then leave earlier problem solved.

It's because you still say the same thing over and over again and refuse to think about the other side [what's best for the majority] than what's best for you.

Like the DC Metro vs NYCT subway thing, no matter how many times it's been stated about DC's system being decades younger and smaller, you think NYCT's system is supposed to have a fair comparison to that. You refuse to change your mind and repeat the same thing over and over again.

1) There are systems the same age as the NYC Subway (Paris) and older (London) that outperform the NYC Subway in every facet.

2) I use the Queens Blvd lines on a daily basis. This idiotic service pattern directly affects me. I used to have a choice between the (E) and the (F). Now I have to use the (E) since the (F) doesn't go to where I need to go. This is not an efficient service pattern. If this service pattern was truly efficient then the (E) and the (F) would be carrying the same amount of people. That's clearly not the case. In the PM rush hour I've seen (F) trains with empty seats at Rockefeller Center heading to Queens. Meanwhile, the (E) is a sardine can.

No, you need to realize that there are going to be people who will challenge your thoughts.

Your last statement was extremely asinine to the point that I'm not even going to take the time to even give a well thought-out response.

I use the Queens Blvd. line 10 times a week, have been doing so for the past three and a half years and I believe the (F) should run via 63rd St.

Of course your opinion means something if we're actually bothering to reply and telling you what we think...

Well, yeah...

And agreed with last two portion of post, took it right out of my hands, :tup: :(!

That's a real insightful post you got there. You leave me simply inspired by how much sheer thought you put into that post.

1) There are systems the same age as the NYC Subway (Paris) and older (London) that outperform the NYC Subway in every facet.

2) I use the Queens Blvd lines on a daily basis. This idiotic service pattern directly affects me. I used to have a choice between the (E) and the (F). Now I have to use the (E) since the (F) doesn't go to where I need to go. This is not an efficient service pattern. If this service pattern was truly efficient then the (E) and the (F) would be carrying the same amount of people. That's clearly not the case. In the PM rush hour I've seen (F) trains with empty seats at Rockefeller Center heading to Queens. Meanwhile, the (E) is a sardine can.

The (E) runs every 4 minutes it's really not a big deal.

Do you also get mad when other people enter your train car????

Sorry for that. i just had to.

The E is a sardine can due to it serving Lower manhattan AND the west side unlike the F which doesnt serve lower manhattan. now if you took the Southbound F during the PM rush, you would see it becoming a sardine can from 42nd st down. The E also serves a part of jamaica queens where MANY transfer to the MANY bus routes serving southest Queens where there IS no subway service. Needs of the many.....

I'm talking about just the DC Metro, don't change the subject. Where does London and Paris come into this? Plus for them they probably had lots of money to spend on their own systems than to pay for wars and other stuff [for another topic].

Oh please, a few years ago, before the 5 ran about 18 hours to Flatbush av, I had to deal with the crap that is the 2 line on a constant basis. I was at the mercy of just the 2 train. Sure I complained about it and wishing the 5 ran past 7:30pm [instead of empty to Utica], but you never saw me making a big deal about it. I just had to put up with it.

At least you have two trains going to 53rd-Lex on a daily basis.

Archived