My Plan To Unclog Queens Plaza Jct.

67thAve

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heaven forbid if the (F) train actually went to a stop where people wanted to go.

I'm sick of this back and forth arguing. It's pointless.The usual clique of people already decided that the (V) is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I've dealt with this idiotic service pattern for over 8 years. It sucks, but I deal with it. Just don't complain about me taking the "wasteful" express bus. The express bus doesn't stop at Roosevelt Island or Queensbridge. It goes straight to the Manhattan CBD.

No one is going to complain about you taking the "wasteful" express bus. The only reason people get tired of you talking about express buses is because you are unwilling to cut hours on or get rid of many routes with low ridership, which is dfferent than getting rid of every single express route in the system just to spite you. The world is not against you.

This is a ridiculous service pattern. No one can justify the (F) not connecting to the (6).

But the (F) already does connect to the (6) at 63rd St. It's a free transfer too, believe it or not...

I feel that I'm portrayed as a troll and as this villain simply because I'm speaking out about a service pattern that is detrimental to thousands of subway riders in Eastern Queens. I'm not naive. There are cliques at NYCTF and I'm not in the "In" crowd. That's why no one wants to come on my fan trips. It's the same thing with express buses. I think they're convenient and because I like express buses I'm instantly an elitist. Today I volunteered at a soup kitchen. Nothing elitist about that. It's frustrating because I really wanted to make friends and I really wanted to move past the 4 years of misery at Subchat. I refuse to be a pushover. I let people bully me in my adolescent years. That's why I lift weights now. Bottom line, I'm tired of being antagonized

But all jokes aside, you're taking this way too seriously. None of this is true. People may not want to go on your fan trips because they are busy or there are other fan trips on the same day. No one thinks you are an elitist just because you take the express bus. This has NOTHING to do with Subchat, stop thinking it does. I'm really not saying this to insult you or anything, I'm saying it so you realize our point.

What do I have to do to make people like me?

Here's a local bus pic I took the other day. This was going to be part of the batch of photos I posted after my February railfan trip.

I like the (V) train and I like R32's. The NYC Subway is better than the Washington Metro.

Now will people like me?

No, you're just saying that last part in order to appease others and not expressing your true opinion as you have for the past 8 years. I'm not against you but others are because they know that in almost every post you make you have to include an opinion about either express buses, the NYC Subway sucking, WMATA being the best system in the world, the (MTA) being a joke, R32s sucking, etc. If you were to make more objective statements then people would not be as against you when you made a post.

When Adam Moreira posted that pic of the Q60 I gave him credit (and I genuinely meant it). Although it was a low floor bus, it was a fairly nice looking low floor bus. The seats were padded. However, I simply don't like the NG's. It's an unattractive bus with a bumpy ride. Nevertheless, I (think) I understand what you're saying. Disregard my biases and to give credit to the photographer if it's a clear pic.

I live in America. I'm entitled to my opinions. Furthermore, it get frustrating to always hear about fare hikes and service cuts. The DC Metro is like a fantasy, like a utopia devoid of the TWU, (V) train, rats, bums, R32's, and everything else I hate about the NYC Subway. I will admit that sometimes I go overboard. The NYC Subway has done good things-it's progressing on the (7) train extension and the Fulton Transit Center.

Exactly, you should disregard your biases when you post and post like an objective person. That's all there is to it.

The R32 is the greatest subway car ever built. The NYC Subway is the best system in the world.

See you're just posting these again when he knows you don't mean it.

You're missing the point! You're saying that ridership doesn't warrant having the (F) stop at those stations when the fact of the matter is that it does. The only busy station on the 53rd Street corridor is Lexington Avenue, TBH.

The other stations on 53rd St. are actually very busy too, but Lexington Ave. seems to overshadow them because of the transfer to the (6).

Now I think a mod should lock this thread as it has gone WAY overboard, some members are taking it too seriously and we're not even talking about the original topic anymore.

I'll say this one last time: I'm not a pariah. Don't put me in the same category as Ken S or Brooklyn QB (old timers know who he is). I've been going through a lot of changes in my personal life. It seemed like up until January I was one of the venerable members of NYCTF.

As far as express buses, I repeatedly said that the BM4 should be a rush hour-only express bus and that the QM21 (the route closest to my house) shouldn't run after 7 PM. The BM5, BxM11, BxM6, and many other express bus routes should also have their hours curtailed. The myth that I support all of the express bus routes is FALSE. However, it angers me when people say that ALL express buses should be eliminated.

I honestly enjoy riding the DC Metro. I know that is considered heresy since this is NYCTF, not DCTF. Still, that's my honest opinion and I think my opinions should be respected.

As for the 53rd vs. 63rd debate, it angers me when people who don't even use the QB lines on a daily basis put their two cents into an issue that doesn't affect them. At least your (R32_3348) opinion counts. I honestly believe that you're only pretending to like the (V) to assuage Grand Concourse and lrg. Nevertheless, it's simply a disagreement. No need to resort to flames or name calling.

As most people can tell, I've had this chip on my shoulder. I apologize. But just imagine in the 7th grade being bullied and teased and having your bike and student Metrocard stolen (this really happened to me). And then 10 years later you log on to the internet and you're the victim of cyberbullying. It is wrong for me to take out my frustrations on people who had nothing to do with it. I really hope this is just an ugly chapter and I hope to move forward.

But no one cares about the 50 times you keep saying DC Metro is better than NYCT's subway. No one expects this system to compare to that. Hell DC Metro isn't even the size of our system or half as old as most portions of the system.

It's comparing vegetables to fruits. There's no comparison at all. Hell You are better able to compare the LIRR to the DC Metro.

No one here is saying cut all express buses, so stop confusing us with people on Subchat. I have said they could cut the BM5 by tacking it onto the BM2 yet you refuse. BM4 can easily be cut altogether espeically once both platforms on the B/Q have elevators. People can just take the B31 to Kings Highway.

Kris is not appeasing anyone about 63rd St, it's a fact that 53rd is overcrowded and can't handle two EXPRESS lines. You are just too biased to understand it. Does it have to take a person falling on the tracks for you to understand why that station can't handle the (E) and (F)? Is it worth lives just so you can have your precious express ride?

I used to take the (2) daily, I could've taken the (4) at Franklin, but the (4) doesn't take me to where I needed to go. So don't give me this bs about the local being horrible.

But no one cares about the 50 times you keep saying DC Metro is better than NYCT's subway. No one expects this system to compare to that. Hell DC Metro isn't even the size of our system or half as old as most portions of the system.

It's comparing vegetables to fruits. There's no comparison at all. Hell You are better able to compare the LIRR to the DC Metro.

No one here is saying cut all express buses, so stop confusing us with people on Subchat. I have said they could cut the BM5 by tacking it onto the BM2 yet you refuse. BM4 can easily be cut altogether espeically once both platforms on the B/Q have elevators. People can just take the B31 to Kings Highway.

Kris is not appeasing anyone about 63rd St, it's a fact that 53rd is overcrowded and can't handle two EXPRESS lines. You are just too biased to understand it. Does it have to take a person falling on the tracks for you to understand why that station can't handle the (E) and (F)? Is it worth lives just so you can have your precious express ride?

I used to take the (2) daily, I could've taken the (4) at Franklin, but the (4) doesn't take me to where I needed to go. So don't give me this bs about the local being horrible.

Very nice.

1) So because the NYC Subway was built in 1904 riders have to deal with subpar service in 2010? The London Underground was built in 1863 and it's the same size as the NYC subway yet riders there have decent service.

2) The BM2 has the slowest route in Brooklyn. A compromise would be to run the BM5 rush hour only. I can live with that. In fact, 90% of the express bus routes should be rush hour-only. To eliminate all express bus routes, however, is callous and malicious. What's wrong with the BM4 having 5 AM and 5 PM runs?

3) You're overexaggerating the crowding at Lexington/53rd. It was never that bad. The most that happened was that the main escalator got a little backed up. It was nothing like the Tokyo subway. The platform at Lexington/59 Street is narrower and no one over there falls on the tracks.

4) The (2) makes three local stops in Brooklyn. The (V) makes ten local stops. This is an apples and oranges comparison.

Why do you keep changing the subject? You are talking about the DC Metro vs NYCT. And you say the NYCT system needs to be upgraded, but how can the MTA do that if they are losing money to run partially filled express bus lines? So which is it? Do you want to improve the system or keep shoveling money into the express buses?

The BM4 will have to stop at all stops to pick up riders along the way. Either cut the BM4 or cut the B31. There's no point in running two buses there if the ridership doesn't justify them.

But it is not as packed as 53rd St. And the 59th St platform is sandwiched in b/w the 4/5/6 lines and the stairwells are more evenly spread out than situated towards only one end of the platform like 53rd. Not even the partial mezzanine above can correct that problem.

Fine, I rode the (6) train all thru hs after freshman year, that's 6 extra stops [b/w 86th to Union Sq]. Still beats jamming into a packed (4)/(5) train.

Now compare that with Queens Plaza, 23rd/Ely, Lexington/53rd, and 5th Avenue/53rd.

Doesn't matter: all the stops on the 63rd street line are in the top 40% of stations by ridership. 2 of them are in the top 25%.

Also, the fact that the (F) uses the 63rd Street Line lets it get to Lower Manhattan faster than it could on 53rd street, which is a big help for a lot of people.

Doesn't matter: all the stops on the 63rd street line are in the top 40% of stations by ridership. 2 of them are in the top 25%.

Also, the fact that the (F) uses the 63rd Street Line lets it get to Lower Manhattan faster than it could on 53rd street, which is a big help for a lot of people.

Exactly. It's not like the trains are emptied out when they get to Roosevelt Av. Sure some will get off to take the E to Lexington, but that doesn't mean EVERYONE is getting off the F.

As for the 53rd vs. 63rd debate, it angers me when people who don't even use the QB lines on a daily basis put their two cents into an issue that doesn't affect them. At least your (R32_3348) opinion counts. I honestly believe that you're only pretending to like the (V) to assuage Grand Concourse and lrg. Nevertheless, it's simply a disagreement. No need to resort to flames or name calling.

As most people can tell, I've had this chip on my shoulder. I apologize. But just imagine in the 7th grade being bullied and teased and having your bike and student Metrocard stolen (this really happened to me). And then 10 years later you log on to the internet and you're the victim of cyberbullying. It is wrong for me to take out my frustrations on people who had nothing to do with it. I really hope this is just an ugly chapter and I hope to move forward.

You are a 25-year-old MAN! Start acting like it. We live in a world where no one gives two sh!ts about the next guy.

As for the 53rd vs. 63rd debate, it angers me when people who don't even use the QB lines on a daily basis put their two cents into an issue that doesn't affect them. At least your (R32_3348) opinion counts.

Is that what this is about.... your opinion meaning more than others.

Everyone's opinion holds equal weight here... that's what you don't seem to get.

Sure, you're in a better position to give first hand knowledge over others over the subject... but don't sit up here & imply that our opinion holds no weight because we don't use the aforementioned lines on a daily basis.... just b/c we don't use on a daily basis don't mean we don't use them... at all !

When you state your reasons as to why the F should be moved back on 53rd, with you, it's not even about (attempting to) correct, or somehow educate who you think are so wrong (those that believe the F should stay on 63rd)... what you do is, come with a laundry list of overly biased reasons/reasonings... I don't think you should be called every name in the book for doing so, but I will say it's real easy for people to not take you as serious as you should be taken, when you resort to doing that.... especially for someone who take those lines on a....

daily basis.

Is that what this is about.... your opinion meaning more than others.

Everyone's opinion holds equal weight here... that's what you don't seem to get.

Sure, you're in a better position to give first hand knowledge over others over the subject... but don't sit up here & imply that our opinion holds no weight because we don't use the aforementioned lines on a daily basis.... just b/c we don't use on a daily basis don't mean we don't use them... at all !

When you state your reasons as to why the F should be moved back on 53rd, with you, it's not even about (attempting to) correct, or somehow educate who you think are so wrong (those that believe the F should stay on 63rd)... what you do is, come with a laundry list of overly biased reasons/reasonings... I don't think you should be called every name in the book for doing so, but I will say it's real easy for people to not take you as serious as you should be taken, when you resort to doing that.... especially for someone who take those lines on a....

daily basis.

Excellent post!

Why dont they close this thread and subject everyone has strong feelings about it. I have mine and i dont thin this thread is going to change anyone opnion on the matter. I suggest this matter shouldn't be discussed again and leave it alone and respect the dissenters opnion as well as you respect your own thank you.

Archived