Teacher dies after naked pictures of herself appear on Facebook

mark1447

wi13bo.jpg

Teacher dies after naked pictures of herself appear on Facebook

A TEACHER has been found dead in the Middle East after naked pictures of herself appeared on her Facebook page, an inquest has heard.

Emma Jones committed suicide as she was planning to return home to her family in Caerphilly, South Wales, the Daily Mail reports.

The 24-year-old primary school teacher, who was working at the International School of Choueifat in Abu Dhabi since 2008, feared she could be sent to jail in the Muslim country over the photos.

Miss Jones's mum, Louise Rowlands, told the hearing her daughter was distressed after her ex-boyfriend, Jamie Brayley, posted the pictures on the internet and an IT colleague working at the school came across them.

The Daily Mail reports Mrs Rowlands, 41, as saying: "He put a memory stick in the computer and copied some indecent images of Emma.

"He put them on her Facebook page and she said she was accused of prostitution by a man working at the school."

But Mr Brayley denied the claims at the inquest, describing them as "complete fantasy".

He said he had used Miss Jones's computer, but denied he had ever downloaded private photographs of her.

He said: "Emma never sent me any indecent images. She wasn't that type of character."

The paper reports deputy assistant coroner Thomas Atherton as saying he did not believe Mr Brayley was to blame for Ms Jones's death.

The inquest heard Abu Dhabi police believed Miss Jones had killed herself and ruled out foul play.

Mr Atherton said he could not be sure Miss Jones meant to kill herself and recorded an open verdict.

He said she may have accidentally drunk cleaning fluid from an unlabelled container, thinking it was water.

Mr Atherton said: "For whatever reason Emma expressed concern she was about to be arrested and put in prison.

"She agreed the best course of action was to leave Abu Dhabi and return to Britain. Her clothes were out and her passport was in her pocket. That's not someone who is contemplating suicide."

Emma told her mother she feared she would be jailed.

Mrs Rowlands said: "She was crying, she was breaking her heart. I said, 'Emma, whatever it is can't be that bad. Just come home'."

But Emma told her mother: "I can't leave the country, they will throw me in jail."

Source: News.Com.Au

Feb. 25, 2010

http://www.news.com.au/technology/teacher-dies-after-naked-pictures-of-herself-appear-on-facebook/story-e6frfro0-1225834116850

DAILY MALL(With more pics:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1253486/Teacher-killed-boyfriend-post-naked-pictures-Facebook.html

Oh your bad... I was thinking the same thing though. What a shame.

Yep I'm reminded of a particular Carlin routine (not to be posted in front of the general board) when you say that...

And this is why you don't give out your account information to ANYONE ever, and if you're using a computer someone else does you sign out of everything you're doing when you're done with it...

And this is why you don't give out your account information to ANYONE ever, and if you're using a computer someone else does you sign out of everything you're doing when you're done with it...

Not even that, don't take photos of your self and put them on the internet in any form unless your ok with the whole world seeing them.

well i think i know why she killed her self,im a muslim and in our religion if you do such things you WILL be sentenced to death for a violating a top rule in our sins.but what i dont understand is why would she do a thing if she knew she didnt do it.i guess she had a feeling people wouldnt believe her. she lookd very young thou,its really sad she had to kill her self.her ex-bf must really be feeling something now.

well i think i know why she killed her self,im a muslim and in our religion if you do such things you WILL be sentenced to death for a violating a top rule in our sins.but what i dont understand is why would she do a thing if she knew she didnt do it.i guess she had a feeling people wouldnt believe her. she lookd very young thou,its really sad she had to kill her self.her ex-bf must really be feeling something now.

Thats some religion buddy

once I read where this took place at... umm hmm... yep...

being sent to jail was the least of her worries.... she most likely killed herself out of shame - for that very reason which you just stated.

im a muslim and in our religion if you do such things you WILL be sentenced to death for a violating a top rule in our sins.

I don't know about that. A few months ago a (non-married) couple from England were caught 'at it' on some beach in Dubai. They didn't get stoned to death or whatever is supposed to happen, but spent some time in jail and then got deported and told never to come back. That said, I believe Dubai is apparently a tolerant country/state as far Muslim societies go.

I don't know about that. A few months ago a (non-married) couple from England were caught 'at it' on some beach in Dubai. They didn't get stoned to death or whatever is supposed to happen, but spent some time in jail and then got deported and told never to come back. That said, I believe Dubai is apparently a tolerant country/state as far Muslim societies go.

UAE is not a place to go if you don't care for terrorist sympathizing nations. Tolerant... Yea, if you're wealthy and male.

- A

Archived