Forget it we are never getting hired

cosmo

WAKE UP ALL,THEY TOOK OUR EXAM MONEY,AND THEY STILL KNEW ABOUT THE BUDGET PROBLEMS.

Are you sure about that Cosmo? What exam did you take and more importantly when? I took the 8006 back in 2008, if I remember correctly they gave it just 2 years after the 5025 exam in 2006 because they expected to hire a lot of B/O's at the time.

I can understand how you feel, but we all need patience because the more you think about it the faster your head will explode. Take a deep breathe, relax. Best advice that I have read on here is to "take the exam and forget all about it."

I took the test in early 1989 and got hired in late 1993. This isn't a job that you're gonna get in a few months or a year.

BTW, I took the combined Bus Operator/Conductor exam and had list number 4001. If I can get hired, then with a little bit of luck you can too.

I took the test in early 1989 and got hired in late 1993. This isn't a job that you're gonna get in a few months or a year.

BTW, I took the combined Bus Operator/Conductor exam and had list number 4001. If I can get hired, then with a little bit of luck you can too.

damn '89 I was 10. All I had on my mind was mtv and cartoons. I actually took the bus operator exam in 98 or so, went to the boss survey but they kicked me out 'cause I was too young or cause I didn't have a permit I forgot I was 19. I still have the letter. Could have changed my life If I was seriose about it at the time...O well....

damn '89 I was 10. All I had on my mind was mtv and cartoons. I actually took the bus operator exam in 98 or so, went to the boss survey but they kicked me out 'cause I was too young or cause I didn't have a permit I forgot I was 19. I still have the letter. Could have changed my life If I was seriose about it at the time...O well....

Since you were only 19, that was probably the reason. You need to have had your drivers license for a minimum of 3 years to drive a bus for the MTA.

Yeah I Took Conductor, Got A 96, Felt Good About It, Then Saw My List Number Was Like 1943, Got A Lil Down But Tried To Keep It Out My Mind But With Everything Going On Now I'll Probably Never Be Hired, So Pissed

Just get a good grip on yourself. Eventually you will get called. You can't wait to get called because the process takes a long time. You have to work elsewhere while waiting for this. My oldest son took the last t/o test and a list hasn't even been established yet. I took the test in 1976 and got hired at the end of 1979 and only got one question wrong on that test.

Yeah I Took Conductor, Got A 96, Felt Good About It, Then Saw My List Number Was Like 1943, Got A Lil Down But Tried To Keep It Out My Mind But With Everything Going On Now I'll Probably Never Be Hired, So Pissed

they may have passed you already. i took that test and was hired in 06. i have already seen people hired off the most recent CR promotion test.

they may have passed you already. i took that test and was hired in 06. i have already seen people hired off the most recent CR promotion test.

I Took The Test In December 08 Homey

Im Not Frustrated Over The Time, Ive Frustrated With All The MTA Screw Ups And The Fact The Future Doesnt Look Bright For The People On That 08 List

Im Not Frustrated Over The Time, Ive Frustrated With All The MTA Screw Ups And The Fact The Future Doesnt Look Bright For The People On That 08 List

I think you'll be ok homes, like everyone says it will happen when you least expect it. I'm discusted also believe me. it hasent been a few good months for me and I really thought this year I was gonna get a letter in the mail.

Hang in there! I took the test in 2002 got my list number in 2003 which was 3007!! I didn't get hired til 7/09! My class was the last class from that test...

Since you were only 19, that was probably the reason. You need to have had your drivers license for a minimum of 3 years to drive a bus for the MTA.

Doesn't DCAS stipulate that all exam applicants MUST be 21 at the time of appointment, or when the list is established?

Doesn't DCAS stipulate that all exam applicants MUST be 21 at the time of appointment, or when the list is established?

Depends on the requirements for the specific test. For conductor all that is required is a high school diploma on the date of appointment.

Depends on the requirements for the specific test. For conductor all that is required is a high school diploma on the date of appointment.

Only for certain tests. A friend of mine was hired when he was 19 as a C/R.

Yeah, you're both right, as I checked up on that. Especially if a CDL is a required, which it obviously isn't for C/R. Thanks!

Need to be 21 to drive a bus. Some companies want you to be 25yrs of age...........

• 3 weeks later...
Are you sure about that Cosmo? What exam did you take and more importantly when? I took the 8006 back in 2008, if I remember correctly they gave it just 2 years after the 5025 exam in 2006 because they expected to hire a lot of B/O's at the time.

I can understand how you feel, but we all need patience because the more you think about it the faster your head will explode. Take a deep breathe, relax. Best advice that I have read on here is to "take the exam and forget all about it."

I took the test for MABSTOA Bus OP. in 1974 during a recession like the one we're in now,forgot about it and they called me in 1980. Just retired with 29 yrs on the job.

Archived