NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

Here's an update from Plattsburgh. I drove by the facility today and they had about 7 buses sitting out front. I am not sure if that means they are getting ready to be delivered but they normally don't have buses sitting out front like that unless they were having an event (or maybe not enough storage space). There was another 3 buses out back. I didn't catch all the numbers but the highest number I saw was 1211 which was on the end of the line.

Those buses are probably be ready to be delivered.

BTW, are they in SBS wrap or just plain boring blue and white MTA paint scheme?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those buses are probably be ready to be delivered.

BTW, are they in SBS wrap or just plain boring blue and white MTA paint scheme?

Plain white and blue scheme. I don't think they'll ever be wrapped at Nova unless the (MTA) has whatever company wrap it before the delivery. Also, the possibility that the wrap can be damaged going 65 mph for 5.5 hrs before being delivered might be taken into consideration. At the same time I don't know how durable the wrap is.

Plain white and blue scheme. I don't think they'll ever be wrapped at Nova unless the (MTA) has whatever company wrap it before the delivery. Also, the possibility that the wrap can be damaged going 65 mph for 5.5 hrs before being delivered might be taken into consideration. At the same time I don't know how durable the wrap is.

No, no... the wrap @ 65mph wont damaged at all. A lot of MCI buses with ad wrap on the bus hold it well at higher speeds. MTA is inhousing the wrap...

They are really wasting money to paint it blue stripe then...

No, no... the wrap @ 65mph wont damaged at all. A lot of MCI buses with ad wrap on the bus hold it well at higher speeds. MTA is inhousing the wrap...

They are really wasting money to paint it blue stripe then...

They probably put the blue stripe on there in the case of the bus coming out of SBS like some of the New Flyers.

Caught it yesterday (on the B6LTD) and I liked it except for:

My ideas for LFS improvement

• Put back the little "stop" buttons. A standee has no way to request a stop.
  • Make the cord a bit lower. Some may have trouble reaching it.
  • Make the rear doors open faster.
  • Order more buses.

Caught it yesterday (on the B6LTD) and I liked it except for:

My ideas for LFS improvement

• Put back the little "stop" buttons. A standee has no way to request a stop.

• Make the cord a bit lower. Some may have trouble reaching it.

• Make the rear doors open faster.

• Order more buses.

The LFS running on the B6 isn't spec'd to (MTA) standards, so if the (MTA) decided to order these buses then they would probably include these specs.

In other news, the LFS has already been at UP for 30 days. I don't know what's going to happen to it now, or if UP will even keep it for a bit longer. It could be possible since JFK only kept it for about 19 days.

The LFS running on the B6 isn't spec'd to (MTA) standards, so if the (MTA) decided to order these buses then they would probably include these specs.

In other news, the LFS has already been at UP for 30 days. I don't know what's going to happen to it now, or if UP will even keep it for a bit longer. It could be possible since JFK only kept it for about 19 days.

What are they going to do after it's done at UP?

Send it back to NovaBus.

Speaking of which, a poster on the "other board" has stated that the NovaBus LFS will be serving its last week before returning back to the company. So from here until the end of the week, anyone who lives by the B6 or uses it and sees it pass by them, if you can post where you spotted it at and at what time, please post it. I'll be carrying a printout of the B6 as well as a bus map and check back here from time to time so I could get an idea of where I can catch it. I'd advise anyone else who's looking out for it too to do the same. Thanks.

Speaking of which, a poster on the "other board" has stated that the NovaBus LFS will be serving its last week before returning back to the company. So from here until the end of the week, anyone who lives by the B6 or uses it and sees it pass by them, if you can post where you spotted it at and at what time, please post it. I'll be carrying a printout of the B6 as well as a bus map and check back here from time to time so I could get an idea of where I can catch it. I'd advise anyone else who's looking out for it too to do the same. Thanks.

I'll be out there looking for it today.

I hope not. I really don't like the way the front looks and I know looks aren't everything. However, the rear is sick!

No bus will be perfect but at least this is a bus I can dig since the Old Gen's.

That's not offtopic but it's good news. 90 more artics around the system would do it some good, especially on routes that run on a shortage of artics.

I agree, the artics should definitely stay, I hope if and when they go to depots in Manhattan & The Bronx that need more artics that there's some left over to trickle down to Queens (CS or BP).

That's really good to hear. I definitely don't want to start seeing any of the New Flyers leaving.

I agree, I'm a little new to the New Flyers, I've only ridden a D60HF like 4 times.

Archived