NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

I am on 1206 right now, great bus. Engine sounds great, lots of power, love the led lights and the smooth ride. The most suprisingly thing was a few minutes ago, and there was a ton of fare inspectors at sedwick ave, w/b. Going inside the bus and checking peoples tickets.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am on 1206 right now, great bus. Engine sounds great, lots of power, love the led lights and the smooth ride. The most suprisingly thing was a few minutes ago, and there was a ton of fare inspectors at sedwick ave, w/b. Going inside the bus and checking peoples tickets.

Oh wow! I saw 1206 this morning! This bus will need fare inspectors with them 3 doors.

That's a first!!!

The bus sounds like it's nice. I'll ride it if I get the time.

Some should be---all of the LFSAs are available for weekend service now.

Also, I am hearing (but it is unconfirmed as of now) that none of the LFSAs except for 1200 will be wrapped. SBS service will simply be by the flashing blue lights; this is a cost-cutting measure.

Also, I am hearing (but it is unconfirmed as of now) that none of the LFSAs except for 1200 will be wrapped. SBS service will simply be by the flashing blue lights; this is a cost-cutting measure.

But aren't all the others wrapped already?

That's a smart move. Now we know why the buses haven't been wrapped.

One of the goals of BRT is "easy to recognize" buses, so I doubt it. They have to wrap for the new M15 SBS, since users there are not used to it.

One of the goals of BRT is "easy to recognize" buses, so I doubt it. They have to wrap for the new M15 SBS, since users there are not used to it.

They should just put a simple +Select Bus Service+ logo on the front and sides instead of a big wrap. For the M15 maybe they might just decide to start off with mostly wrapped New Flyers.

Lol there were so many of them in there and the only number you can clearly see is 1220.

Its funny you guys mentioned fare inspectors.Read this link.http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/bronx/2010/04/06/2010-04-06_untitled__b06bus.html

With the new buses, they are going to need twice the fare inspectors they have. What they got won't cut it.

Guest Charles

This would be one of the better decisions made if it were to hold true...

Also for me personally I really don't like how the LFSA looks with the wrap, the New Flyers look a lot better

Well i was on Forhand Road today because i was going to Radioshack, I saw 1207 in service, i took a look and i rode the bus to see how it is. the bus have Cummins ISL/ZF Ecolife Combo( Supposely from 1203 to 1289 ISL/AllisonB500R combo). The engine sounds good, the interior is nice and were a lot people in the bus. When the bus got into Pelham Bay Park, the engine blew up, it was a lot of smoke coming out, the good thing that the engine did not catch fire because the built-in fire extinguisher prevented. A lot people were in panic because the two doors in the back were closed and the front door was open, and everybody went out. There were a couple of Bus Operators talking about how bad had been the LFSA because according to them in 2 days it have been 4 buses with the same issue and they dont say good things about them. After what happened to Bus 1207 i was wondering how come Nova Bus trying to re-enter the US market and having those problems with their buses. They should conduct more testing to any other buses before puting them on the road because if these issues keep happening, they may loose business with MTA on any future order coming. If MTA forgive the Beef with New Flyer, it may be much better ordering buses from them or wait until the Articulated Orion NG X coming up.

Well i was on Forhand Road today because i was going to Radioshack, I saw 1207 in service, i took a look and i rode the bus to see how it is. the bus have Cummins ISL/ZF Ecolife Combo( Supposely from 1203 to 1289 ISL/AllisonB500R combo). The engine sounds good, the interior is nice and were a lot people in the bus. When the bus got into Pelham Bay Park, the engine blew up, it was a lot of smoke coming out, the good thing that the engine did not catch fire because the built-in fire extinguisher prevented. A lot people were in panic because the two doors in the back were closed and the front door was open, and everybody went out. There were a couple of Bus Operators talking about how bad had been the LFSA because according to them in 2 days it have been 4 buses with the same issue and they dont say good things about them. After what happened to Bus 1207 i was wondering how come Nova Bus trying to re-enter the US market and having those problems with their buses. They should conduct more testing to any other buses before puting them on the road because if these issues keep happening, they may loose business with MTA on any future order coming. If MTA forgive the Beef with New Flyer, it may be much better ordering buses from them or wait until the Articulated Orion NG X coming up.
EpicFail!:P Novabus fix this or mta going to sue for damages.

Hmm, that's interesting. I'd like to see this story develop.

Hmm, that's interesting. I'd like to see this story develop.

Well unfortunately i did not have a camera with me in that moment to take some pictures some people took pics with their cellphones, but i was going to give a good review about the Nova Bus LFSA until that problem happened.

Like i said before if MTA did not have their beef with New Flyer, they should order buses from them instead of Nova Bus because New Flyer are more reliable buses to me even thougth Nova Buses are nice looking, but they need to start fixing the problems if they want to have more business with MTA or any other transit agency.

Archived