MLB Baseball 2010 thread: The Regular Season

Shortline Bus

19 innings....

19 men LOB?

the cardinals are trying to lose this game...

why is it that the mets are always involved in games where odd things happen?

castillo dropping the ball in the (possible) last out of the 9th inning, the unassisted triple play against them against the phillies last year....

teams like the Cubs got the supposed curse of the billy goat...

what it is that's been plaguing the mets after '86? it's sure as hell not lack of talent, and there is no "curse" against them...

I say this....

You have to be one loyal son of a gun to be a die hard Met fan, I'll give them that much.

*smh*

Well, at least SOMEONE just scored in this game in question (mets)....

I could think of some odd things that happened at the new Busch Stadium. On September 17, 2007, the Phillies had an 11-0 lead after 5 1/2 innings. The Phillies almost blew that lead and won the game 13-11.

On June 13, 2008, the Phillies won 20-2. Todd Wellemeyer allowed 3 straight HRs to Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, and Jayson Werth after getting 2 outs to start the game. Ironically, Kyle Kendrick was the Phils starter in both of those games.

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After the marathon of Sat Night, the Mets have a pitful game and lose to the Cards last night. So rumors are flying that when Manuel is finally let go that the next Mets skipper for reminder of the '10 season will be bench coach Bob Melvin and not Bobby Valentine.:confused:

Guess that's why they signed Melvin...they probably knew in advance that they were going to let Jerry go. However, if nothing changes, it's either Minaya, the players, or both.

Nel i would not call Manuel a snake to Willie. If the press reports are true that 'snake' label should have gone to both Jeff Wilpon and Omar for firing Randolph in the middle of a west coast trip after a game vs the Angels in interleague 2 years ago at around 3am in morning NY time.:mad::tdown:

To me the issue is not the firing itself as Willie was lucky to even get to start the following season in 2008 following one of the biggest regular season 'collapses' in MLB history in losing to the Phillies in Sept. '07.

Nel i would not call Manuel a snake to Willie. If the press reports are true that 'snake' label should have gone to both Jeff Wilpon and Omar for firing Randolph in the middle of a west coast trip after a game vs the Angels in interleague 2 years ago at around 3am in morning NY time.:mad::tdown:

To me the issue is not the firing itself as Willie was lucky to even get to start the following season in 2008 following one of the biggest regular season 'collapses' in MLB history in losing to the Phillies in Sept. '07.

Honestly I think Manuel was aware of the situation and knew before Randolph, that he Randolph was getting fired and accepted the job on the low. I do also believe Manuel suffered the same meltdown in 2008 and he lost to the Marlins and Nationals. Randolph must be enjoying Manuel and Minaya being among the dead men walking.

Sounds like the Mets have a manger in waiting in Melvin. Remeber Manuel was Randolph bench coach before stabbing Randolph in the back what comes around goes around.

It's not like Manuel wanted the job at Randolph's expense though. If anything firing Omar and replacing him with a new GM would be "what comes around goes around".

But I agree that at least they can't blame last year on Randolph. Randolph deserves better.

Dumb question. Is Willie Randolph a 'coach' on a team somewhere? I last heard he was with i think the Brewers.

Willie deserves a 2nd chance as a manager imo as remember he did take the Mets to game 7 of the 2006 NLCS. Bad teams like the O's, Nationals and Pirates should take a chance. The bad press and his terrible end with the Mets has hurt his chances imo.

it's not the length of this game... it's the lack of offense...

this is like watching a shutout playoff hockey game that goes into like 5 or 6 overtimes...

I can't see the ratings for this game being all that high... the pitchers aren't dominating, cricket noises are louder than the bats in this game... if anything, I expect it to be real low, especially for a game that started sometime around 3-4pm....

it is now 11pm... the math can be done on your end.

Bro a surprise. The Cards-Mets 20 inning game from Sat Night (4/17/10)actually had excellent numbers for an very early regular season game and beat the NBA playoffs on ESPN in the ratings according to this link from NY Daily News Sports TV/Radio Commentator Bob Rassiman. Nielsen also said The Mets/Cards game even got more viewers watched it than Fox regular Sat night shows of "Cops" and "America's Most Wanted.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/2010/04/20/2010-04-20_game_flush_with_intrigue.html

And to think that only several years ago, the Rays were the laughingstock of the league...

It's early but this year laughing stock in MLB maybe the Baltimore Orioles. The beautiful Camden Yards stadium other than Opening Day has been a ghost town w/ announced crowds of only 10-15,000 among the worst in attendence. Even the Marlins and Pirates are doing better so far this year in attendence and won-lost record.

As a kid, the O's with legendary players from Frank Robinson, Jim Palmer and more recent Cal Ripken has fallen on hard times.

In the top of the eighth inning at Oakland, Phil Hughes has a (Ooops.......Can't say it, sorry). But the Yankees lead. :tup:

You should not have posted anything in the first place. Roy Halladay pitched a 5 hit complete game shutout against the Braves.

You should not have posted anything in the first place. Roy Halladay pitched a 5 hit complete game shutout against the Braves.

It's early but it's looks like the Yanks and Phils barring injuries already on verge of running away and blowing away the other teams in their divisions as the early stages of a sequel to the NJ Turnpike(NJT) series looks like a possiblity.:confused:

It's early but it's looks like the Yanks and Phils barring injuries already on verge of running away and blowing away the other teams in their divisions as the early stages of a sequel to the NJ Turnpike(NJT) series looks like a possiblity.:confused:

Yes and you will get the same result as the 2009 series.

Archived