MLB Baseball 2010 thread: The Regular Season

Shortline Bus

Vazquez is a freaking joke. It's like his mind is still stuck on Game 7. I knew that bringing him back was a mistake.

Wow. Between that comment by Mr. Wilson and listening a little to WFAN and Yankee callers, it seems that this week Vazquez was the most hated guy in NY. Even more than David Paterson.

Guys this is April 10 season is barely a week old, let wait until June before Vazquez or anyone else stinking up the joint should get ripped imo.:eek:

The Yankees are last time i check the defending champions.:P:eek:

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even funnier how Mr. Wilson always gives up on the team come May when the team is off to a slow start. Always the pessimist...

Like I said, it's ONE GAME! If this was 3-4 starts and the same result, then there's cause for concern. Where's everyone when Sabathia struggled in Fenway?

Agree 100% bro on your above comment. Fans like Forest Glen forget this is not the NFL with only a 16-game season where a game aka win or loss there counts as much as 20-30 games in a MLB regular campaign.:eek:

Or better comprasion the MLB regular season is like a ride on the Far Rockaway (A) train from upper manhattan lol. Right now we only at around the 168th/Washington Heights station as of Saturday Morning 4/10/10.:cool:

Rod Barajas and Jeff Franceour both hit two home runs tonight in the Mets 8 -2 victory over the Nationals. Mike Pelfrey pitched 6 innings, but walked 4. The Nats were worse. Mock (Starter) walked 5 in 3.1 innings, and Miguel Batista walked another. The Nats have walked 27 batters in 35 innings to start the season. Bad Nats.

Rod Barajas and Jeff Franceour both hit two home runs tonight in the Mets 8 -2 victory over the Nationals. Mike Pelfrey pitched 6 innings, but walked 4. The Nats were worse. Mock (Starter) walked 5 in 3.1 innings, and Miguel Batista walked another. The Nats have walked 27 batters in 35 innings to start the season. Bad Nats.

For Nat fans their only hope in next few years at least is this Sttasburg(hope i spelled it right)kid. If he fails this DC club is set back for many years. I am sure the former Expo fans in Montreal are glad in a way they got rid of what is now one of the worst run & managed pro sports club in North America right now.:P

Well the (pesky) Nats beat the Phillies yesterday, because the inconsistent Phillies offense went 1-14 yesterday.

Look at today's match up though. Lannan vs Perez....:eek:

Vazquez is a freaking joke. It's like his mind is still stuck on Game 7. I knew that bringing him back was a mistake.
Your pessimistic about the Yankees, the WORLD CHAMPION YANKEES? ARE YOU SHITTING ME? I am more optimistic about my shitty 2-3 Mets than you are about your team who just won a game where CC through over 7 innings of no-hit baseball!

Even funnier how Mr. Wilson always gives up on the team come May when the team is off to a slow start. Always the pessimist...

Like I said, it's ONE GAME! If this was 3-4 starts and the same result, then there's cause for concern. Where's everyone when Sabathia struggled in Fenway?

And they sure as hell will not appear today, after Sabathia's 1 hit start.

Not for nothin, but I actually agree with FG on bringing vasquez back here...

my exact words when I heard they resigned him, was: "the (F)uck y'all brought him back here for"...

But what did he recently do (or didn't do), that has him in this discussion?

I haven't been following anything regarding baseball as of yet... usually takes me about the first month or two to really get into it....

Would you rather Mitre be the 4th starter? Not to excuse the 8-run game, but it is just one game. If this was 3-4 starts, then yes, that's time to raise the red flag. But he gives 200+ innings that preserves the bullpen - obviously not going to matter if the team is down 8 runs. But the point is it is a gamble, if he pays off, then the bullpen can rest a bit more. If he flops then he's another Igawa - relegated to the minors.

Also if wang wasn't so terrible and injured last year, then of course Vazquez would not be here. But that's who he's basiclally replacing - Wang.

For basically Melky, this was basically the Braves' salary dump deal. Melky's value was sky high, who wouldn't pull the trigger on a 200+ innings pitcher for basically a part time OF? So Like I said, I'm waiting 2-3 more starts, but to give up after one start: I have to ask why?

Would you rather Mitre be the 4th starter? Not to excuse the 8-run game, but it is just one game. If this was 3-4 starts, then yes, that's time to raise the red flag. But he gives 200+ innings that preserves the bullpen - obviously not going to matter if the team is down 8 runs. But the point is it is a gamble, if he pays off, then the bullpen can rest a bit more. If he flops then he's another Igawa - relegated to the minors.

Also if wang wasn't so terrible and injured last year, then of course Vazquez would not be here. But that's who he's basiclally replacing - Wang.

For basically Melky, this was basically the Braves' salary dump deal. Melky's value was sky high, who wouldn't pull the trigger on a 200+ innings pitcher for basically a part time OF? So Like I said, I'm waiting 2-3 more starts, but to give up after one start: I have to ask why?

well said concourse.

I'm assuming this is directed @ forest glen... b/c I don't know what 8 run game you're talking about...

It's some players I don't miss after having them left NY... certain ones especially....

Vasquez is (well was) one of them... Soriano is another (idc how many HR's he's slugging out, out in chicago)... Giambi is another... Sheffield is another... Hernandez (El Duque) is another... Pavano is another....

I'm assuming this is directed @ forest glen... b/c I don't know what 8 run game you're talking about...

It's some players I don't miss after having them left NY... certain ones especially....

Vasquez is (well was) one of them... Soriano is another (idc how many HR's he's slugging out, out in chicago)... Giambi is another... Sheffield is another... Hernandez (El Duque) is another... Pavano is another....

I think B35, concourse is talking about Vasquez 1st start on Friday 4/9/10 vs the Rays where they rocked him for 8 runs in a Tampa win. And how Mr. Wilson is calling Vasquez a 'bomb' for that 1st perforemence of the season.

Let not forgot also the Rays made the world series 2 years ago and are one of the most dangerous offenses in all of baseball right now.

Like Shortline said, Vazquez imploded in that game, but the Rays are no push overs anymore and that said if he f's up again then it's time to worry. Hell Burnet had a few rotten games specifically in Boston last year in the 16-11 slugfest loss. If it is one bump in the road, then fine, it can happen to anyone. But to give up after one game is what I don't understand.

El Duque was on the decline, but he had some good years in the 90s.

Pavano - hate him, but as with people coming off Tommy John surgery, I did have to question letting him go when last year showed he was pretty good. I dunno if it was just NY being a 'curse', but I would've wanted him to stay 1 year with incentives if he was the 4th starter. Jon Leiber in 2004 showed what someone can do coming off Tommy John.

Sheffield - terrible and a headcase, don't miss him at all.

Soriano, eh, don't miss him much anymore as Cano has filled the void very nicely.

I think some players have what i call the Ed Whitson disease. Thet are great players in small markets but the bright lights and pressure is too much for them and they cant take the pressure. I put Csrl Pavano, Javier Vasquez, Dave Collins and Kevin Brown into that category.

I think some players have what i call the Ed Whitson disease. Thet are great players in small markets but the bright lights and pressure is too much for them and they cant take the pressure. I put Csrl Pavano, Javier Vasquez, Dave Collins and Kevin Brown into that category.

Until recently i thought that "Brown diease' was crap. Now i think it true. You can add Randy Johnson and Tom Glavine as well to this list altough both of them came to the NY teams at their end of their great carrers.

Until recently i thought that "Brown diease' was crap. Now i think it true. You can add Randy Johnson and Tom Glavine as well to this list altough both of them came to the NY teams at their end of their great carrers.

Yes Randy Johnson sealed his fate the first day as a Yankee, when he attacked Duke Castaglione and that cameraman. Glavine with that horrible last day of the season first inning against the Marlins.

Yes Randy Johnson sealed his fate the first day as a Yankee, when he attacked Duke Castaglione and that cameraman. Glavine with that horrible last day of the season first inning against the Marlins.

I went to the Glavine game. I was kinda late, and I had brought my uncle (a Yankee fan) to his first baseball game. I heard the boos before I got to the stadium. Painful.

Archived