MLB Baseball 2010 thread: The Regular Season

Shortline Bus

19 innings....

19 men LOB?

the cardinals are trying to lose this game...

why is it that the mets are always involved in games where odd things happen?

castillo dropping the ball in the (possible) last out of the 9th inning, the unassisted triple play against them against the phillies last year....

teams like the Cubs got the supposed curse of the billy goat...

what it is that's been plaguing the mets after '86? it's sure as hell not lack of talent, and there is no "curse" against them...

I say this....

You have to be one loyal son of a gun to be a die hard Met fan, I'll give them that much.

*smh*

Well, at least SOMEONE just scored in this game in question (mets)....

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and who knows what might've happened w/ the cubs if it weren't for good ole mr bartman...

anyway, the points you bring up... goes in direct correlation w/ what I said about not being due to a lack of talent with the Mets as to why they find themselves on the lower end of the totem pole, when it comes to lucky breaks...

now that I mention it... that's what it is w/ them... Unlucky.

There hasn't been any other team in professional sports that was plagued with as many injuries as the 2009 New York Mets....

Cards tie it up 1-1 going to the 20th inning. This sport baseball is a funny animal.;)

I wonder why the ratings will be for this game cards-mets maarthon will be:confused:;)? The only game that comes close in my lifetime lasting this long was the July 4-5 1985 Braves-Mets game that ended at about 3am in the morning. I saw the beginning of that game but obviously did not see the ending. That '85 game the Mets won did start with a rain delay though.

I wonder why the ratings will be for this game cards-mets maarthon will be:confused:;)? The only game that comes close in my lifetime lasting this long was the July 4-5 1985 Braves-Mets game that ended at about 3am in the morning. I saw the beginning of that game but obviously did not see the ending. That '85 game the Mets won did start with a rain delay though.

it's not the length of this game... it's the lack of offense...

this is like watching a shutout playoff hockey game that goes into like 5 or 6 overtimes...

I can't see the ratings for this game being all that high... the pitchers aren't dominating, cricket noises are louder than the bats in this game... if anything, I expect it to be real low, especially for a game that started sometime around 3-4pm....

it is now 11pm... the math can be done on your end.

bud selig & company done screwed up in that ASG a couple years back that ended in a tie....

a HR derby @ the end of a certain inning if a tie isn't broken... I could see something like that being (at least) brought up in the baseball community...

Anyway, Finally it's over.

Too bad, I was looking forward to waking up & watching a 40 spot in the innings column of the scoreboard when I turn the TV on...

The Mets-Astros game on April 15, 1968 was the longest shutout which was 24 innings (6:06).

The longest game by innings and time was on May 1, 1920 by the Brooklyn Dodgers and the Boston Braves in a 1-1 tie. The last longest game by innings with a win was on May 8, 1984 by the Chicago White Sox and the Milwaukee Brewers. The White Sox won 7-6 (both teams traded 3 runs in the 21st inning and the game was 8:06 long).

Archived