MLB Baseball 2010 thread: The Regular Season

Shortline Bus

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's early but it's looks like the Yanks and Phils barring injuries already on verge of running away and blowing away the other teams in their divisions as the early stages of a sequel to the NJ Turnpike(NJT) series looks like a possiblity.:confused:

Yeah, it sure looks that way. They can go ahead and start printing the playoff tickets.

Bob Welch of the A's won 27 games in 1990, do you think anybody can match that record this season? if so what pitcher? Roy Halladay is my pick...Denny McLain won 30 games back in 1968, I find that record to be beaten impossible.

Yeah, it sure looks that way. They can go ahead and start printing the playoff tickets.

Bob Welch of the A's won 27 games in 1990, do you think anybody can match that record this season? if so what pitcher? Roy Halladay is my pick...Denny McLain won 30 games back in 1968, I find that record to be beaten impossible.

I agree. Not impossible but unless teams go back to 4-man starters for the entire season, a 30-game win starter seems out of reach. I think tops a starter can win in 21st Century MLB is around 25-27 victories.

These two records in MLB i think will never be broken and almost impossible to reach are these '2' milestones.

1)DiMaggio's 56 game hitting streak. In this era of closers and specialty pitchers a hitter is not facing the same pitcher for 3-4 at bats any more that "Joe D" did. The Closest was Pete Rose over 30 years ago in 1978 with 44 straight hits.

2)Consecutive Games played with out missing a game. The record that Lou Gerieg set and Cal Ripken broke 15 years ago in 1995.

Anyone else agree or disagree?

Forest Glen any 'complaints' about the Yankees right now other than Mr. Vasquez?:confused::eek:

I agree. Not impossible but unless teams go back to 4-man starters for the entire season, a 30-game win starter seems out of reach. I think tops a starter can win in 21st Century MLB is around 25-27 victories.

These two records in MLB i think will never be broken and almost impossible to reach are these '2' milestones.

1)DiMaggio's 56 game hitting streak. In this era of closers and specialty pitchers a hitter is not facing the same pitcher for 3-4 at bats any more that "Joe D" did. The Closest was Pete Rose over 30 years ago in 1978 with 44 straight hits.

2)Consecutive Games played with out missing a game. The record that Lou Gerieg set and Cal Ripken broke 15 years ago in 1995.

Anyone else agree or disagree?

People care about the (N)(B)(A)?

[unless you live under a rock]: if the Knicks should somehow get LeBron to come to NY, the news will be everywhere along with ads. It'll be like the end of the world or something.

As for today, Yankees 3b ARod pulled off a triple play. Sadly the Yankees lost 4-2. They couldn't come back against the 3-run homer Sabathia gave up early.

Of course not, then it'll show baseball is fixed and the team would be dismantled. Plus they lost the first game in Boston, so you know they weren't going to have a perfect season. That said, they still won the series and Sabathia settled down and gave the bullpen the day off. The bummer is they lost a close game due to one 3-run homer.

I think it's a safe bet that Daniel Murphy isn't getting his job back once he returns from the DL.

I think it's going to be one of the best battle for rookie of the year honors in years with Ike Davis and the Braves Jason Heyworth battling for it in the NL. Both like almost lock future perineal all star 1st basemen if they healthy for next decade at least:tup:.

By the way other than weekend games, why does MLB allow games to be played at night Monday-Thursdays ie 7-730pm local time especially with Midwest and Northeast 'non-dome' teams in April and Sept.:tdown:? I think it's so stupid as most kids are still in school and the weather can still be chilly.

The answer is of course television but man this is not great for the fans and players alike who often get hurt in these rainy and cold conditions in April.

The only 'night' games for the Midwest and Northeast teams should be from Friday-Sunday imo.

You can even attract some schools to go see game if more daytime action imo.

The 'big crowds' most teams get other than Opening Day does not occur until Memorial Day weekend anyhow.

Not to mention prior to 1970 from reading old baseball boxscores, almost all of the MLB teams in April and September played 'day' games.

After May 1, then i think it's ok.

The Arizona Diamondbacks have been fighting this and in April, May and September they start home games Monday through Friday at 6:35pm. They've had more success on Saturday when home games start at 5:10pm. This year, the Diamondbacks have expanded it to June, July and August home games as well. When the Yankees visit June 21-23 and when the Mets visit July 19-21, game time from Chase Field will be 9:35pm (EDT).

They've now got the Colorado Rockies doing this, though the Rockies only start Monday through Thursday home games at this time leaving Friday games at 7:10pm. The Rockies also start Saturday home games at 6:10pm.

The San Diego Padres also start home games on Saturdays at 5:35pm.

The Arizona Diamondbacks have been fighting this and in April, May and September they start home games Monday through Friday at 6:35pm. They've had more success on Saturday when home games start at 5:10pm. This year, the Diamondbacks have expanded it to June, July and August home games as well. When the Yankees visit June 21-23 and when the Mets visit July 19-21, game time from Chase Field will be 9:35pm (EDT).

They've now got the Colorado Rockies doing this, though the Rockies only start Monday through Thursday home games at this time leaving Friday games at 7:10pm. The Rockies also start Saturday home games at 6:10pm.

The San Diego Padres also start home games on Saturdays at 5:35pm.

So EE are you going to the Chase when the Yanks visit the Valley in June?

Archived