MLB Baseball 2010 thread: The Regular Season

Shortline Bus

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think some players have what i call the Ed Whitson disease. Thet are great players in small markets but the bright lights and pressure is too much for them and they cant take the pressure. I put Csrl Pavano, Javier Vasquez, Dave Collins and Kevin Brown into that category.

And I don't doubt that, but Vazquez did have a good first half in 2004, it was because he pitched thru an injury than to outright say he needed rest was why he got worse and worse. It's 1 game, let's see another game first before putting the nails on the coffin.

Yes Randy Johnson sealed his fate the first day as a Yankee, when he attacked Duke Castaglione and that cameraman. Glavine with that horrible last day of the season first inning against the Marlins.

Well what he does off field is not my concern. He was healthy and got 34 wins in 2 seasons. But he sucked in the playoffs and was past his prime. Why would you trade a young guy for an aging ace?

Sure Vazquez coughed up the big one in game 7, but it was already a bad situation because Kevin Brown f'ed things up already. He was a young guy that consistantly threw 200+ innings each year.

:confused: The Senators beat the Mets and Johan Santana 5-2 on a first inning grand slam?

Opening Day on Tuesday as the Yankees host the Los Angeles Angels at 1:05pm. Andy gets the start vs. Earvin Santana.

I think maybe pitcher Hideki Irabu maybe kind of fits "Eddie Lee Whitson Disease".

Nice win today, though I'm starting to question whether AJ Burnett is really an elite pitcher.

AJ an elite pitcher? I am not sure who called AJ an elite pitcher but imo most knowledge baseball people knows he a very good pitcher aka #2 on a good team like the Yanks or #1 on a medicore/bad team. Burnett is not or ever has been an elite pitcher.

To me an elite pitchers in no order right now in top 10 starters in MLB are aces such as CC, Johan Santana, Roy Hallady, Cliff Lee, Zack Greinke, Josh Beckett, Tim Lincecum, Jake Peavy and Bradon Webb. :confused:

AJ an elite pitcher? I am not sure who called AJ an elite pitcher but imo most knowledge baseball people knows he a very good pitcher aka #2 on a good team like the Yanks or #1 on a medicore/bad team. Burnett is not or ever has been an elite pitcher.

To me an elite pitchers in no order right now in top 10 starters in MLB are aces such as CC, Johan Santana, Roy Hallady, Cliff Lee, Zack Greinke, Josh Beckett, Tim Lincecum, Jake Peavy and Bradon Webb. :confused:

and Justin Verlander.

Agreed, Burnett will have his good days and his worst days. Andy is really the #2 of the staff. Burnett can be as good as CC, but he's not consistant enough.

Your questioning AJ? You should be thankful you have three starting pitchers dude. Our ace gets rocked by the mother****ing Nationals!!!!!!!!

Great point.

I dont disagree with your top 10 starters although I think AJ Burnett does have the stuff to become an elite Pitcher with a great fastball and sensational off speed stuff great breaking ball. The physical assets are there its all mental with AJ Burnett.

For those of you worried about the Twin outdoor new ballpark here an news report from the NBC-TV station in Minneapolis on steps that the folks at the new "Target Field' are taking to prepare for rain and early and late parts of the season the 's' word aka snow. Ballpark opens 'for real' tommorrow 4/12/10 vs the RED Sox. Game is on ESPN1 at 4pm New York (ET)time.

http://www.kare11.com/news/investigative/extras/extra_article.aspx?storyid=847706&catid=26

All Mets fans please rise and get ready to clap your hands and make some noise, on a 1,2,3, LAST PLACE! CLAP CLAP CLAP! LAST PLACE! CLAP CLAP CLAP, LAST PLACE! CLAP CLAP CLAP!

6 game road trip coming up, 3 in Colorado, 3 in St Louis,I say they go 2-4.

LOL feels like 1977-79 when the Yankees were winning the world series and owning NYC. While the Mets fans looked forward to 'old timers night' when then newly retired Cleon Jones and Bud Harelson from the '69 title team were honored.

LOL feels like 1977-79 when the Yankees were winning the world series and owning NYC. While the Mets fans looked forward to 'old timers night' when then newly retired Cleon Jones and Bud Harelson from the '69 title team were honored.

It could get ugly in Flushing this year. They might start chanting bring back Joan Payson and Jody Mcdonald father.

The Yankees win on Opening Day at the Stadium, 7-5. Andy pitched six nice innings to earn his first win. Three bases on balls but six strikeouts; 59 strikes of 100 pitches total.

Los Angeles scored four runs in the ninth to put a brief scare, but Super Mo put out the fire with 4 strikes of 7 pitches total.

The Captain and A-Rod both went 2-5 and Jorge went 3-4 to help the Yankees.

In another day game tomorrow, Javier Vazquez vs. Scott Kazmir.

Archived