MLB Baseball 2010 thread: The Regular Season

Shortline Bus

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Every baseball fans greatest dream and worst nightmare in one; last minute tickets to a big ticket even. My aunt's boss has season tickets and couldn't go today. So he gave them to her. She's a yankee fan, so they ended up in my hands.

and I have the sunburn to prove it.

Your 1st opening day Kamen Rider? I been to about 50-60 MLB games in my life so far and yet I never been to opening day.:P:(

Phillies are winning 11-1! Say what you want to say about them beating the Nats, but the Nats usually play us tough. This will be thier first opening day W since 2005.

Tha Halladay for Lee trade looks better and better now. Sucks they gave up some prospects and a chance for an ubber tough 1-2 combo of Halladay and Lee, but eh..

Locomotion i mentioned it in this post a week ago. CBS carried the mens college basketball final and ESPN the woman's title game on Tuesday night,

Also MSG has not shown a Yankee game since Sept. 2002.

Thanks for correcting me, I don't know my own cable stations,B)

Guys what you think about the hype of rookie sensation Jason Heywerth of the Braves? Here story.

http://www.wsbtv.com/sports/23061248/detail.html

He is the number 1 prospect in baseball, 20 years old, they batted him 7th in the order,going to be moved up for sure if he continues to hit. I see the Braves as a strong wild card contender this season but not good enough to overtake the Phillies.

He is the number 1 prospect in baseball, 20 years old, they batted him 7th in the order,going to be moved up for sure if he continues to hit. I see the Braves as a strong wild card contender this season but not good enough to overtake the Phillies.

I saw Heywerth as I just got home to see his 1st at bat in the pros. Man when he smoked that homer Turner Field rocked like I have not seen in nearly 20 years since the '91 Braves that went from worst to first and the world series.

I heard already that Heywerth has already caused a jump in Braves tickets and if he stays healthy and continues to play well, they may do their highest season attendence in years.

I say Atlanta is my first choice to win at least this season's wild card for now.

I don't care if Granderson still struggles against lefties. Tonight's game was just awesome especially with the tie breaking homer off papelbon in the 10th. For tonight all the moves Cashman made was great: Nick Johnson delivering the key game tying hit, Granderson, and then Park's 3 innings of work. Very good night for them. Also loved Gardner messing up Papelbon with the threats to steal and then finally stealing 2nd.

Still not sure it was a good idea to pass on Lackey, he makes that rotation much better. I just wonder how many good years he'll have out of the 5?

Now the real season for the Mets begin as they just started as of 745pm tonight game #2 of the '10 season vs the Fish.

While Yanks finish their 3rd game vs the red sox at fenway.

The Marlins tried their best to give the game away to the Mets but 2 boneheaded plays killed them. (1)Tatis getting thrown out at home while trying to score on a wild pitch with D Wright at the plate. (2)Jason Bay standing there instead of running for the home plate where nobody was covering after the throw from the left fielder was way offline and went all the way to the backstop. As a runner you follow the throw, if you see that it's a bad throw just keep running, the guy who retrieved the ball was on his knees, he would have had to make a perfect throw to the guy running to cover home plate,most likely Bay would have scored standing up.

Last season it was "Razor Shines" coaching 3rd base, the Mets lead the league BY FAR in having runners thrown out at the plate,:confused: this year the new 3rd base coach is "Chip Hale".....Razor shines is coaching 1st base this year, he can't do that much damage over there at least.

Mets versus Nationals this weekend at Pity Field. The battle for sole possession of last place begins tonight! Garrett Mock,career stats(4-13 5.17) 132 innings,151 hits vs Mike Pelfrey.

Will the Mets get mocked tonight? Meet the Mets, Mock the Mets,step right up and Mock the Mets.........Survey Said!Nats take 2 out of 3, with Santana winning on Sunday.

Niese(will be back in Buffalo shortly) Tejada(will go to Buffalo when Reyes returns from the DL) and the 2 Japanese

relievers Igarashi(32) and Takahashi(34). All 4 of these "rookies" are nothing to get excited about.

The Yankees have no rookies on their roster. How much more longer before Jacobs gets sent to Buffalo? You can't have a 1B

hitting under 200.....not a fan of Murphy but at least he makes contact and rarely strikes out.

In a battle for first place, the Yankees (2-1) are at the Rays (2-1) this weekend at Tropicana Field.

Umpire Joe West said the Yankees and the Red Sox played slow games at Fenway with times of 3:46, 3:48 and 3:21, so we'll see if the Yankees and the Rays pick up the pace.

Javier Vazquez starts for the Yankees tonight.

In a battle for first place, the Yankees (2-1) are at the Rays (2-1) this weekend at Tropicana Field.

Umpire Joe West said the Yankees and the Red Sox played slow games at Fenway with times of 3:46, 3:48 and 3:21, so we'll see if the Yankees and the Rays pick up the pace.

To point West is right. However as an umpire almost nobody outside of his family, cares what he or other umpires have to say other than controversial calls in games.

Guys a general question. How do you reduce games in MLB which is a problem especially when we get to end of season and playoff baseball.

We all know for lack of better word and no offense guys, Bud Selig and other MLB Owners has 'pimped' every thing from extended tv commerical breaks in between innings to everything else for profits. Commerical TV is the biggest reason for games that take sometimes 4-plus hours. We all know the extended commerical time is not going so here some my own ideas on rule changes.

1)If a batter takes too much time out of the batters box imo, take away his count and it's can count as 2 strikes.

2)The 1 'time out aka trip to the mound between batters even from Catcher/Other teammates & Pitcher also applies. The 2nd trip whether from Manager/Coach or fellow player the pitcher is out of the game.

3)Even if a pitcher is forced to leave the game due to injury, the next pitcher in relief only gets 10 warm up pitchers.

Replay rule.

1)While the umpire can overturn a play only such as home run, outfield plays and baserunning plays, the manager gets '1' challenge per game only if they are batting . If he loses the challenge the teams loses an out.

Extra Inning.

1)If the game goes beyond the 12 inning, a team can have a catcher or pitcher return if they were taken out early.

What you guys think?

It's the start of the season, so standings don't matter, but obviously it is great the Yankees won 2/3 in Boston, so they are well ahead of last year's pace.

Don't care about West, much ado about nothing.

I'm happy to see Vazquez starting.

Vazquez sucks. Good god, does he even want to be a Yankee? Thats the question I want answered.

And then Girardi gutlessly surrenders by sending out Mitre. Jesus.

And speaking of which, why cant Girardi ever pull the pitcher who sucks! Girardi lost this game for us, period.

Vazquez sucks. Good god, does he even want to be a Yankee? Thats the question I want answered.

And then Girardi gutlessly surrenders by sending out Mitre. Jesus.

And speaking of which, why cant Girardi ever pull the pitcher who sucks! Girardi lost this game for us, period.

It's his first game back. Would you be saying this about Sabathia given his poor outing in Fenway?

Of course giving up all those runs was terrible, but that doesn't excuse ARod and Texiera not hitting to at least drive in more runs.

Archived