Your Story from Bus Ride

FamousNYLover

Since there is story from subway, I want to share bus story what happened today on Saturday, March 27th.

I boarded Westbound M86 #5548 at 86th St/5th Av at 18:40. Lots of M86 passengers are frustrated/aggressive today because there was one man taking long time because he had too many MetroCard. After he try the 8th card, which was empty which concluded all his MetroCard was empty.

At that moment, man in business suit like paid him, and man sitting on front seat by door facing toward Nue Gallery said to him "Get of the bus." rudefully.

Others M86 rider said, "He paid him."

That man said, "He did?"

As bus was enroute on 86th St Transverse, there was arguement between man & with man with too many MetroCard, which I was nervous including everyone on the bus and said, "Please don't start fight." they begged and B/O also told the man sitting by front door to be stay calm.

It remiminded me of fight happened on M15 Local few years ago.

I was standeed on M15 Local after I was going home to my former home at 91st St from MS 104/Epihany Library.

I was standee on M15 Local and when bus arrived at 1st Av/42nd St, there was rude lady who push me violently toward front door, which lead argument between two womens and 126th St Depot B/O for not saying excuse to me. After that, little argument, that woman who told her to say excuse me got off at 45th St because she didn't want to get off at same stop as her.

Another incident when I was on Bx12SBS westbound, not sure if it was during winter 2008 or 2009, I remember bus came to stop at Williamsburg Bridge Station, where African lady trying to paid bus on Bx12SBS. When Female B/O told her nicely, "You have to paid at bus stop and get receipt." She refuse and spit on B/O which aggressive her and she got off the bus, and argue with her. After that lady spit her again, B/O left immediately.

Since there is story from subway, I want to share bus story what happened today on Saturday, March 27th.

I boarded Westbound M86 #5548 at 86th St/5th Av at 18:40. Lots of M86 passengers are frustrated/aggressive today because there was one man taking long time because he had too many MetroCard. After he try the 8th card, which was empty which concluded all his MetroCard was empty.

At that moment, man in business suit like paid him, and man sitting on front seat by door facing toward Nue Gallery said to him "Get of the bus." rudefully.

Others M86 rider said, "He paid him."

That man said, "He did?"

As bus was enroute on 86th St Transverse, there was arguement between man & with man with too many MetroCard, which I was nervous including everyone on the bus and said, "Please don't start fight." they begged and B/O also told the man sitting by front door to be stay calm.

It remiminded me of fight happened on M15 Local few years ago.

I was standeed on M15 Local after I was going home to my former home at 91st St from MS 104/Epihany Library.

I was standee on M15 Local and when bus arrived at 1st Av/42nd St, there was rude lady who push me violently toward front door, which lead argument between two womens and 126th St Depot B/O for not saying excuse to me. After that, little argument, that woman who told her to say excuse me got off at 45th St because she didn't want to get off at same stop as her.

Another incident when I was on Bx12SBS westbound, not sure if it was during winter 2008 or 2009, I remember bus came to stop at Williamsburg Bridge Station, where African lady trying to paid bus on Bx12SBS. When Female B/O told her nicely, "You have to paid at bus stop and get receipt." She refuse and spit on B/O which aggressive her and she got off the bus, and argue with her. After that lady spit her again, B/O left immediately.

SMH only in NYC.Remember folks.Assaulting a transit worker is a FELONY!!!!:mad:

I remember a fight a few years ago on the Bx35 between to high school girls.

The B/o called the cops & we were forced to wait for the NYPD to send one of the girls to the bus right behind us.

There were rumors that both girls were gonna get of at the same stop in Manhattan to fight again.

This reminds me of the time I went to the Kennedy Airport on the Q10. A group of kids entered the bus as if they owned it. One kid showed the driver an I.D. card, as if that would pay the fare. Then they started talking crap to the driver, and making jokes about how they should it be better to get out, and how they should pay. Of course, sarcastically. But they made me furious. The B/O stayed quiet the entire time.

SMH only in NYC.Remember folks.Assaulting a transit worker is a FELONY!!!!:mad:

You are right on the money.

1. I don't know if this counts as an incident, however I have had several instances where bus operators didn't allow passengers in for not paying the full fare. The operators would yell out "Get out of my bus!" for not paying the fare on time.

2. One Bus operator on the B49 wouldn't give a transfer to a passenger because he said "You must request a transfer as soon as you pay your cash fare." The passenger did not do that in this case, and he left abruptly.

That is all I can think of.

1. I don't know if this counts as an incident, however I have had several instances where bus operators didn't allow passengers in for not paying the full fare. The operators would yell out "Get out of my bus!" for not paying the fare on time.

That reminds me of my only time using half - fare, about 4 or 5 years ago. I didn't know it was half - fare, so I just put in the card, and just went to a seat. Later on, I realized that I was supposed to pay, so I felt kind of guilty.

That reminds me of my only time using half - fare, about 4 or 5 years ago. I didn't know it was half - fare, so I just put in the card, and just went to a seat. Later on, I realized that I was supposed to pay, so I felt kind of guilty.

The only thing I'd worry about if I were in your situation is the bus operator's reaction. Some are polite and let you in for slightly less than what you're supposed to pay, but don't go expecting a transfer if you ask for one. Did he/she say anything after you left his or her bus?

here's a story....

happened to me on the Q19, middle of last year.... I'll never forget this....

there were 6 other people waiting over there by Astoria blvd (N)(W)... I was the 4th person in line... the farebox was (supposedly) out of order.... the first person (was a woman) got on.. about to put her metro in the farebox, b/o waved her to the back.... after doing that, he put his hand over the metrocard slot of the farebox... 2nd person walks on (another woman), 3rd person walks on (heavy set guy)... then I walk on...

all of a sudden, he moves his hand off the farebox & does the *come here* motion w/ his fingers... I paid the fare (miraculously, only my card works... heh, yeah right).... then the next 3 ppl. got on, and he put his hand back over the farebox.... I could've easily made a scene out of that... probably should've reported him, but that would've done no good anyway....

when I got off in flushing, I just flipped him the bird (made sure I exited through the front door)... he got on his cell afterwards (at that point, I didn't care what his plans were, b/c I was already off the bus; the door was still open, and I looked him dead in his face... he saw me...)

btw, throughout the entire ride, I was the only person that had to pay...

just another day in america....

The only thing I'd worry about if I were in your situation is the bus operator's reaction. Some are polite and let you in for slightly less than what you're supposed to pay, but don't go expecting a transfer if you ask for one. Did he/she say anything after you left his or her bus?

I was kinda worried she would scream at me. But she just gave me a look.

when I got off in flushing, I just flipped him the bird

btw, throughout the entire ride, I was the only person that had to pay...

just another day in america....

I see this as discrimination. Did you report this?

You are right on the money.

2. One Bus operator on the B49 wouldn't give a transfer to a passenger because he said "You must request a transfer as soon as you pay your cash fare." The passenger did not do that in this case, and he left abruptly.

That is all I can think of.

The first situation has happened to me before. I was running to the E 219th Street stop on the Bx41. When I boarded the bus, I asked the bus driver if I can go on and take out my MetroCard. The bus driver said rudely, "Well you don't have a ride". I had to get off the bus, and wait for the next bus, which came a frustrating 30 minutes later. I was so pissed off...

The first situation has happened to me before. I was running to the E 219th Street stop on the Bx41. When I boarded the bus, I asked the bus driver if I can go on and take out my MetroCard. The bus driver said rudely, "Well you don't have a ride". I had to get off the bus, and wait for the next bus, which came a frustrating 30 minutes later. I was so pissed off...

Wow, that's not fun. 30 minutes to wait for another bus is such a pain...

Some bus drivers just have a terrible attitude. Something like that happened to me several years ago on the Bx26.

30minutes for the Bx41:eek:

My story of a bus driver and farebeaters:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=247697&postcount=36

As to the half-fare MetroCard, most people don't bother to put those in the farebox, they just walk on. A driver once said to a girl: If you didn't have the money, why did you put the card in?

I don't get it. Was the driver expecting you to have the MetroCard out when you got on the bus or what? If that is the case, he was just being unreasonable. After all, how could you take out the card if you were running? Most drivers just let you get behind the line and take out the MetroCard as the bus pulls out of the stop.

Let this be a lesson to all of you passengers so you won't have to face these problems in the future: Have your Metro Card, paper transfer, or exact change in coins ready when you board the bus. This is so that you can reduce boarding time. If you are short of money, don't board in the first place. Bus operators have enough headaches already, they don't need anymore. Please pay your fare on time, every time.

Last Monday, I took the M100 but I did not know my Metrocard did not have enough money on it. I asked some people on the bus if they had change, but they did not. However, nothing else happened.

I had many occasions when I would get a "READ ERROR" cause my Metrocard would be faded. Most of the time, the driver would let me go without any problems.

B35, I would have refused to pay if I was you.

But the driver probably do this because Bx41 is a problem route with fare evasion

Every other day i pass at some bus stops and i catch fare beaters, even when im on the bus! I even caught it 2x on my videos at 161st Street/River avenue Hunts Point bound Bx6 stop.. Even East tremont and boston road on the river tower bound Bx40/Bx42..

Every other day i pass at some bus stops and i catch fare beaters, even when im on the bus! I even caught it 2x on my videos at 161st Street/River avenue Hunts Point bound Bx6 stop.. Even East tremont and boston road on the river tower bound Bx40/Bx42..

Speaking on the Bx41 and fare beaters.......One day when I had to ride the 41, I get off at my stop. I see a fare evader walking to the back, and since I normally don't use the yellow tape, I pushed open the door, walked out, and closed it behind me so that the fare beater couldn't get on. He tried to open it again, it was locked. And then he has the nerve to get pissed off at ME. HA!

Lesson 1: To stop a farebeater from getting a free ride, don't use the yellow tape, and close the door behind you.

(Oh how I love stopping farebeaters :P)

Archived