Last Run of the R62 4 train

Abba

the other set I remember was a huge stalker which was 1316, 1317, 1318, 1319, 1320.

Excellent they slipped it out when we least expected it also most of us were interested in the new fleet(R160's) b\c they were coming at peak in '07 & '08 no1 was interested in the IRT as much b\c of the 160's.

Upon further review:

The 12/21/08 Car Assignment had 10 R62 cars assigned to line 4.

The 4/30/09 Car Assignment had 0 R62's assigned to line 4.

From what I heard the R62 (4) train disappeared around the time the new South Ferry station opened. I don't know what the latter had to do with car assignments though....

When did the R62A made a final run on the (4)? Early 2009? And where did it go.

I don't remember the exact time, but she went back to the (7) line. If I recall, that may have been when the R142s on the (2) were out of service for inspections, and the (4) had a few of its sets supplementing on the (2).

• 3 weeks later...
I can't believe I couldn't remember this untill now. The last time they ran on the (4) must have been around the time when the <4> was testing.

i think it was before that...... i rode the (4) and <4> religiously last year and never saw the R62 sets after the summer was over. I love seeing the R-110A's though :)

From what I heard the R62 (4) train disappeared around the time the new South Ferry station opened. I don't know what the latter had to do with car assignments though....

I had posted what happened before (some of you came on this board after I posted this). The 2 R62's on the (4) had went to the (3), and the 2 Bombardier R62A's that were on the (3), went to the (1) or the (7) . Last year in 2009 was the end of the R62's on the (4).........

Last time I saw it was around March 2009. My school is very close to the Concourse and Jerome Yd approaches, so I could see what kind of trains were running. The last sets of those trains had the ad thing on the side. The last time I rode one though was in 2008. They got knocked off the (4) because the NTTs had larger doors to cope with the crowding.

Last time I saw it was around March 2009. My school is very close to the Concourse and Jerome Yd approaches, so I could see what kind of trains were running. The last sets of those trains had the ad thing on the side. The last time I rode one though was in 2008. They got knocked off the (4) because the NTTs had larger doors to cope with the crowding.

The final 2 were removed due to the R62A singles on the shuttle going to the jerome yard and to top it off 10 singles were transferd to 240th for the new south Ferry station that opend in March of 2009, That's was what knocked the 2 R62's off the (4), around March of 2009 the R62's were off the (4).

Archived