This is a fantasy train I made, the R-200

QDover

As someone mentioned earlier, it is very "berlinesque".

Either way, I think it would mark an improvement over the current NTT trains. The current LED exterior signs are awful. They need replacement.

Unless you want the doors to obstruct the side windows while open(like they do in Paris), you would need to shorten the side windows. Not that the paris system doesnt work.

It's a nice train, but there is to much glass on the doors. Those doors are gong to be a magnet for every scratch artist in NYC. Also, if the car is 75 feet long, you might want to add a 5th door.

that was the only negative I saw in the design.

--------------------

Otherwise, very nice job w/ this, Qdove' !

btw, did you use AutoCAD (or some similar computer aided design prog) to create this?

that was the only negative I saw in the design.

--------------------

Otherwise, very nice job w/ this, Qdove' !

btw, did you use AutoCAD (or some similar computer aided design prog) to create this?

I used something that comes with every computer ever, the paint software.

It's a nice train, but there is to much glass on the doors. Those doors are gong to be a magnet for every scratch artist in NYC. Also, if the car is 75 feet long, you might want to add a 5th door.

Its a 60 foot car because I like 5 car sets, and I also made a 75 foot car but it does'nt have a 5th door, I think I would add one. And the windows will hopefully have the scartch resistant covers that are being used today on subway cars.

Nice job. It does look like the trains you see in Berlin. It's what our subway cars should look like. I'm curious to see what the interior would look like.

I just started working on the seating arrangement, once I finish that I would try my best to make a realistic inside look, I will post everything up at once again so look out for it.

Archived