At least 60 ppl. hurt in SI Ferry Crash on Staten Island

Shortline Bus

This isn't funny. 60 people were hurt. Needless to say that the SI express bus trip I had planned for next week is canceled.

It's not like accidents are happening every day. The last boat crash was 7 years ago. Besides, there are other non-boat ways of getting to Staten Island even if you didn't want to take the ferry.

It's not like accidents are happening every day. The last boat crash was 7 years ago. Besides, there are other non-boat ways of getting to Staten Island even if you didn't want to take the ferry.

Right. It's not like the ferry crash would have a detrimental effect on the express buses.

On my Staten Island express bus trips, I usually take the express bus to SI and then backtrack on the SIR and ferry. Maybe this is a knee-jerk reaction. I really wanted to ride the X19 or X42.

On my Staten Island express bus trips, I usually take the express bus to SI and then backtrack on the SIR and ferry. Maybe this is a knee-jerk reaction. I really wanted to ride the X19 or X42.

So go ahead. Sheesh, don't let a boat crash ruin your trip. If it bothers you so much then you don't have to take the ferry back to Manhattan; take the S53/79 to Brooklyn and hop on the (R).

So go ahead. Sheesh, don't let a boat crash ruin your trip. If it bothers you so much then you don't have to take the ferry back to Manhattan; take the S53/79 to Brooklyn and hop on the (R).

The X1 and X10 can help out too.

My gosh, that ferry boat got in a crash, well good thing it wasn't fatal this time.

Slighly little off-topic, before I went to Akron, OH via domestic flight from LGA to CLE, I was afraid of my flight because of news I heard that some airplanes will use half-fuel.

When Roosevelt Island Tramway was fix after that April 6th incident, I still take ride it when it was operating.

It's the 2nd accident in 7 years. Why do you have to be so afraid of it? So don't ride that particular boat then.

The John F Kennedy boat swayed so much that I nearly became seasick when I rode it. I think it is the oldest boat in the fleet. I like the newer boats like Guy Molinari.

I am surprised after the fatal accidental crash from '03, that this boat was still in service.:eek:

The incident in 2003 was 100% human error, so your statement is baseless.

The newer ships have mechanical issues too, like stalling!

I happened to ride the Barberi 3 weeks ago, rode the JFK back.

In accordance to your political views, maybe we should rename the Barberi. My top 3 choices:

(A) The Governor David Patterson

(:) The Sarah Palin

(C) The Rush Limbaugh

Any other suggestions?

It's the 2nd accident in 7 years. Why do you have to be so afraid of it? So don't ride that particular boat then.

Exactly. Other people are still going to take it. Accidents happens once in a while. You can't expect the ferry to have perfect runs all the time.

In accordance to your political views, maybe we should rename the Barberi. My top 3 choices:

(B) The Sarah Palin

(C) The Rush Limbaugh

Any other suggestions?

1) The Alphonse Capone

2) The Issac

3)The Jeff Goldblum

4)The Hassel the Hoff

5) The R.M.S Madoff.:P

Exactly. Other people are still going to take it. Accidents happens once in a while. You can't expect the ferry to have perfect runs all the time.

I think I've rode this very boat a few years ago post 2003-crash. It was a typical ride like any other boat ride. It can happen to any boat.

(B) The Sarah Palin

(C) The Rush Limbaugh

Any other suggestions?

Too polarizing :P Concidering this boat crashed twice, I think it would be an insult to name it after anyone.

Archived