12-9 Right Now 36th Ave 21:24 Nancy 2 People Under

Just heard it on 1010wins. It was over a jacket! The two jumped on the tracks to get it and was hit by the train. The man fell into the street and was killed the women in critical condition.

They'll never learn.

My impractical dream is that all trains enter all stations at no more than 10 MPH so the t/o can hopefully stop in case somebody decides to do something stupid. As far as I'm concerned, most riders feel that if their train hits someone the train should just keep on going "so I can get to where I have to go" anyway.

But of course, schedules would have to be lengthened, which would in turn cause fewer passengers to be carried per hour and it will cause overtime as it would take much longer to complete the prescribed number of trips. Of course, some would get out of trips since it would take a given trainset much longer to make a round trip.

It's getting very scary out there if you are a t/o. You wonder when you are going to be next.

No, platform doors (with alarmed emergency exits at the ends) would be the ideal solution.

I was talking about a short range solution.

Do you know how long that would take to install at all the stations and the cost? What about track access for personell at the end of the stations? Do you really think they are going to lock and unlock access all the time? What about the locks getting frozen inclement weather? What about vandalism of the locks?

Just heard it on 1010wins. It was over a jacket! The two jumped on the tracks to get it and was hit by the train. The man fell into the street and was killed the women in critical condition.

Wow just wow i cant Efffing believe this,not to mention i heard the whole thing on the radio, what a LONG trip back to Parsons for me last night.

They DID NOT see that train with those lights a station away?

Ok which family of the persons invovled is going to sue 1st?

They'll never learn.

My impractical dream is that all trains enter all stations at no more than 10 MPH so the t/o can hopefully stop in case somebody decides to do something stupid. As far as I'm concerned, most riders feel that if their train hits someone the train should just keep on going "so I can get to where I have to go" anyway.

But of course, schedules would have to be lengthened, which would in turn cause fewer passengers to be carried per hour and it will cause overtime as it would take much longer to complete the prescribed number of trips. Of course, some would get out of trips since it would take a given trainset much longer to make a round trip.

It's getting very scary out there if you are a t/o. You wonder when you are going to be next.

Bill sooner or later this could be a good temp fix, but with this guy in thier now loking to cut our throats.....

I was talking about a short range solution.

Do you know how long that would take to install at all the stations and the cost? What about track access for personell at the end of the stations? Do you really think they are going to lock and unlock access all the time? What about the locks getting frozen inclement weather? What about vandalism of the locks?

As long as that would take, it would still be better than the 10 mph thing. There should be a public service campaign to let people know that if something falls on the tracks, to let a (MTA) employee get it and not risk your life over something that can be easily replaced (Like a jacket or a cell phone).

As long as that would take, it would still be better than the 10 mph thing. There should be a public service campaign to let people know that if something falls on the tracks, to let a (MTA) employee get it and not risk your life over something that can be easily replaced (Like a jacket or a cell phone).

They have signs posted all over the place saying dont go down there. A lot of good its doing huh? I just cant believe this i cant. My advice to any T/O with time if you can leave, Leave get out of here.

You're missing my point. Of course platform doors are better than the 10 MPH thing but you don't understand how long it would take to put it into almost 500 stations with multiple platforms. And what happens on the structure in the freezing cols, ice and snow? The freeze and they don't work. You have to cover all elevated stations and heat them like Air Train. Do you have any idea of the cost and time frame?

Bottom line: the t/o's have to deal with it. People within NYCT will give us a lot of sympathy but that's about it. If a t/o can't deal with a 12-9, the attitude is let's get somebody else who can. Managements current assistance is window dressing and sympathy. Just go thru the process, very clinical. The waiting list is long for someone who can cope. Look at all the people who took the test last year!

If a t/o can't deal with a 12-9, the attitude is let's get somebody else who can.

Word.

Managements current assistance is window dressing and sympathy. Just go thru the process, very clinical.

I know that 1st Hand Bill....

As do quiet a few of my classmates, one of them just recently had his THRID one. ;)

They'll never learn.

My take is if the trains slow to 10 MPH when entering the stations your gonna have more people take chances and go onto the tracks to get things.

No, platform doors (with alarmed emergency exits at the ends) would be the ideal solution.

While ideal, that's not going to happen for 50 years at best. At the given technology, trains would have a hard time aligning correctly to the doors that open. There has to be a solution that would allow trains driven manually to platform right at the doors. And also, full height doors won't be needed. Most systems that have these things use half width PSDs at elevated or overground stations.

God rest that man.

Chill with the 10mph rule. That would be frustratingly slow. It's equal to doing around 70mph on the LIRR Penn to Jam stretch then having to s-l-o-w-l-y make your way into Jamaica Station around 10mph. Ugh! :tdown:

Chill with the 10mph rule. That would be frustratingly slow. It's equal to doing around 70mph on the LIRR Penn to Jam stretch then having to s-l-o-w-l-y make your way into Jamaica Station around 10mph. Ugh! :tdown:

There is nothing for me to chill about. You are taking the 10 MPH thing out of context by completely ignoring the fact that I called it "My impractical dream".

Archived