R-32 spotted on the A

QDover

I was on my way to school on an R-46 Brooklyn bound and we just departed Far Rockaway when I saw a R-32 heading to Far Rockaway to start a run, I had to get off at Beach 25th and get on it. I wonder why it was there, maybe because of the whole R-44 Retirement thing, there probally wasnt enough R-46s to cover that Retired 44 so maybe they just used a 10 car R-32. Sorry no pics, didnt have my camera, not allowed in High School.

Pretty much, it's the same set that was on the (:P. (or was it the (V)?)

R32_3704b.jpg

Yeah 207th Street took Jamaica's cars...they also took CI's 10 cars but CI got it back. So you can catch the 32s on the (A)(B)(C) (getting an R32 just got easier! :P)

Oh...nice photo by the way!:cool:

UA

Yeah 207th Street took Jamaica's cars...they also took CI's 10 cars but CI got it back. So you can catch the 32s on the (A) (:P(C) (getting an R32 just got easier! :P)

Oh...nice photo by the way!:cool:

UA

I don't think Coney Island's R-32 set move away from the (B) to 207 Street. I had three T/O's on the (B) saying that the R-32 has been at Coney Island all this time.

Nice catch of the R-32(A). Those T/O's must be really happy.

UA

3706/07 has been at 207th, the other 8 cars were from Jamaica. and the CI set never left, but they are still trying to get it, CI is keepin the R32's until the service cuts.

You're right, it never left, in fact it should never leave the (:((Q) until it's time for the cars to retire. The (A) has enough R32s as is.

Why are they really keeping only one set of R32s at CI?

Because of the Brighton Line Project, They needed a extra Train, The R32 was one of the extras, They would have gotten more R32's but instead they took back the 2 R160B trainsets that they gave Jamaica.

The funniest part is that I caught one at 1 in the morning.

The set that runs to Far Rockaway runs for days on end before they take it out of service and rotate the cars because they get sluggish after a while.

I seen it but didn't bother to cacth it, I got the R32 (A) to rock park yesterday, Happy Foaming because it won't last so long, Trust Me, I ride the R32 (A) for a reason, But Hopefuly those 4 R32's that are on the (A) now go somewhere else in the near futrue.

It just doesn't make sense taking them off the (A) and putting them back on the (A), then they turn around and all of a sudden take R32's from Jamaica, If Im not mistaken they were supposed to stay, This is just a F*^king game that 207th and the (A) line wants to play just to avoid getting R68's and R160's, The (A) should see some R160's already, and not to break balls but the 9803-9942 was planned to go to pitkin, but they told them send them to jamaica instead, Its all bullshit, Trust me, they take most of the R46's and put them on the (A), they are going to have a suplus of cars after the cuts, even without the R44's, What's the exscuse not to make the (C) 600" or give the (A) the R160's, While all the railfans support it, I don't, Because one, Those are 45 year old cars, two they belong at Coney Island, and 207th don't take care those R32's that great, Even a C/R told me on the R32 (;) that the R32 at CI is 10 times better, I never been on a clean R32 like that one on the (:). The (B) is a weekday - only line, it would be smart to put them on the (B) because that would put less stran on the R32's and they wouldn't break down as much.

Whoever is a higher up at NYCT, You should read this.

and Im not saying this becasue for just me, Im speaking the truth.

You got an R32 A-Line train bound for B 116th Street? That's great!! It reminds me of when the R10 thru R30A cars ruled that spur in the late 1980s thru early 90s and it was fun to have the corner cab RFW towards B 116th Street, now, it's mostly full width cab trains going that way, bus hopefully they'll have more R32 A-line trains down to Far Rockaway/Rock Park so that I can relive the late 80s again.......

I seen it but didn't bother to cacth it, I got the R32 (A) to rock park yesterday, Happy Foaming because it won't last so long, Trust Me, I ride the R32 (A) for a reason, But Hopefuly those 4 R32's that are on the (A) now go somewhere else in the near futrue.

It just doesn't make sense taking them off the (A) and putting them back on the (A), then they turn around and all of a sudden take R32's from Jamaica, If Im not mistaken they were supposed to stay, This is just a F*^king game that 207th and the (A) line wants to play just to avoid getting R68's and R160's, The (A) should see some R160's already, and not to break balls but the 9803-9942 was planned to go to pitkin, but they told them send them to jamaica instead, Its all bullshit, Trust me, they take most of the R46's and put them on the (A), they are going to have a suplus of cars after the cuts, even without the R44's, What's the exscuse not to make the (C) 600" or give the (A) the R160's, While all the railfans support it, I don't, Because one, Those are 45 year old cars, two they belong at Coney Island, and 207th don't take care those R32's that great, Even a C/R told me on the R32 (:D that the R32 at CI is 10 times better, I never been on a clean R32 like that one on the (:P. The (B) is a weekday - only line, it would be smart to put them on the (B) because that would put less stran on the R32's and they wouldn't break down as much.

plus the Jamaica yard fleet age is too young, they should send some R160B's to pitkin after the cuts instead (160 R160s instead 128 R46's) to balence fleet age

if they keep the R32 on they should be for (A) to Rockaway park only or put in to lefferts/Mott ave

plus the Jamaica yard fleet age is too young, they should send some R160B's to pitkin after the cuts instead (160 R160s instead 128 R46's) to balence fleet age

if they keep the R32 on they should be for (A) to Rockaway park only or put in to lefferts/Mott ave

IAWTP

Subway car assignments (maintance yard wise) are generally made to localize fleets for spare parts inventory purposes and not to make railfans happy.

It just doesn't make sense taking them off the (A) and putting them back on the (A), then they turn around and all of a sudden take R32's from Jamaica, If Im not mistaken they were supposed to stay, This is just a F*^king game that 207th and the (A) line wants to play just to avoid getting R68's and R160's, The (A) should see some R160's already, and not to break balls but the 9803-9942 was planned to go to pitkin, but they told them send them to jamaica instead, Its all bullshit, Trust me, they take most of the R46's and put them on the (A), they are going to have a suplus of cars after the cuts, even without the R44's, What's the exscuse not to make the (C) 600" or give the (A) the R160's, While all the railfans support it, I don't, Because one, Those are 45 year old cars, two they belong at Coney Island, and 207th don't take care those R32's that great, Even a C/R told me on the R32 (B) that the R32 at CI is 10 times better, I never been on a clean R32 like that one on the (B). The (B) is a weekday - only line, it would be smart to put them on the (B) because that would put less stran on the R32's and they wouldn't break down as much.

why do R32's have to be @ CI? why would pitkin get an order of 15 or 17 sets of R160's but then have them sent to Jamaica? CI has plenty of R68's jamaica has enough R46 and R160 train sets. 207th has more than enough 8 car R32's for the (C) and pitkin will have a good amount of R46 for (A) line service. after the cut, the car assignments wont leave an excessive amount of R46 trainsets. the (C) is part time = doesnt need to be 10 cars and its 32's might get redistrubuted... so whats the rant all about dude?

Archived