A new phone

R160

Hey guys. I might be getting a new phone soon and I was wondering what you guys would suggest.

I would prefer something with a touch screen and/or a keyboard.

I'm going to use this mostly for texting. I'm not a huge music/video fan so that's nothing important. It would be great if it had built in Wifi. It would be even better if it also had a camera and could take videos.

As for price range, under $500. I haven't used any money from birthday so I'm loaded. :cool:

Thanks for the help!

I would highly recommend the Env Touch from Verizion. It has a touch screen and it flips open to a second screen and a really finely spaced keyboard. This phone is designed for texting and multimedia. Also it has a very nice camera. Its what I use for my railfan pics. Its around 100 US dollars with a 2yr contract.

a great phone to get is a blackberry storm 2 its touchscreen. loaded with apps from the app store and great camera,has optional on screen typing keyboard and is on Verizon.

but if you want a tmobile phone blackberry 9700 has wifi 3.2mega pixel camera,same great features but not touch screen,has a the new track pad for quick scrolling.

and smart phone i use a tmobile sidekick lx but get the lx09 with good gps app,IM functionality,webbrowser,text/photo msgs,supports flash needed to watch youtube on the go. handy charge indicator on when battery is done

*drawback* the battery can die quick from its 3G usage.

I recently bought a Samsung Reality. It has a touchscreen,slide out keyboard. It is similar to the Rogue. I paid $249.99 for it without a contract. It doesn't have a flash for the camera though. I am satisfied with it so far, but it's still a fairly new phone out in the market.

Hey guys. I might be getting a new phone soon and I was wondering what you guys would suggest.

I would prefer something with a touch screen and/or a keyboard.

I'm going to use this mostly for texting. I'm not a huge music/video fan so that's nothing important. It would be great if it had built in Wifi. It would be even better if it also had a camera and could take videos.

As for price range, under $500. I haven't used any money from birthday so I'm loaded. :cool:

Thanks for the help!

Phones I would suggest-

Windows Mobile phones

HTC HD2: Touchscreen, no physical keyboard. Benefits from fast processor and 4 inch screen

HTC Touch Pro2: Touchscreen & keyboard.

Android phones:

Nexus One: touchscreen, no keyboard. Benefits from fast processor

Nothing Verizon though B)

Thanks for all the ideas guys. A friend brought up the Droid Incredible. Do you guys have any opinions/feedback on it?

After 4 years on Blackberry I'm finally going to let it go. I demo'd a Droid Incredible today and I was impressed. It's just a matter of time.

the Verizon network in general is slow. Go T-Mobile or AT&T ;)

The thing with Verizon is that their service is good but there's always issues with your bill...you gotta stay on their ass about it. Other than that Verizon is good. HOWEVER, due to my infatuation with the iPhone (lol) I'll go with AT&T...their calls drop less than T-Mobile's and Sprint's! :tdown:

The thing with Verizon is that their service is good but there's always issues with your bill...you gotta stay on their ass about it. Other than that Verizon is good. HOWEVER, due to my infatuation with the iPhone (lol) I'll go with AT&T...their calls drop less than T-Mobile's and Sprint's! :tdown:

Bullschieße

I have T-Mobile. My call only dropped TWICE in the last 6 months.

Someone else I know that has AShit&T gets calls dropped almost EVERY DAY

T-Mobile sucks, their service sucks, I have to walk to Queens Blvd. to make sure I don't get dropped every minute, arggggh :mad:!!!!!

'Tis your fault for most likely getting a crappy and/or defective phone ;)

This argument is really gonna help me make my choice so keep it going :P

I'm going to be using this phone in Queens (Astoria and Forest Hills) and Brooklyn (Brooklyn Heights) for the most part. So if you guys have any tips for how service is in those areas, let me know.

This argument is really gonna help me make my choice so keep it going :D

:P

I'm going to be using this phone in Queens (Astoria and Forest Hills) and Brooklyn (Brooklyn Heights) for the most part. So if you guys have any tips for how service is in those areas, let me know.

I get perfect service all over NYC (Even in the Rockaways!), and I have T-Mobile. Maybe Megabus has a cheap $10 phone :P

Archived