New M train going though the 63rd St Cut

Heres the G.O from mta.info

(E)(M) Queens-bound trains are affected by signal work

Late Night, 10 PM to 5 AM Mon to Fri, Jun 28 - Jul 2

(E) Jamaica Center-bound trains run on the (F) from W 4 St to 21 St-Queensbridge,then to 36 St and normal to Jamaica Center.

(M) Forest Hills-bound trains run on the (F) from 47-50 Sts to 21 St-Queensbridge,then to 36 St and normal to 71 Av.

The Queens-bound platforms at 5 Av, Lexington Av-53 St, 23 St-Ely Av,and Queens Plaza Stations are closed.

And the other (M) G.O for July 4

(M) Train service is extended to the 57 St (F) Station

Holiday, 5 AM Mon to 5 AM Tue, Jul 5 - 6

Will there a G.O. for the first week of the New pick witch makes that last few NB(Queens Bound) M trains go thought the 63rd Cut. That would make for some nice shot. The Suptament is not yet up on TENS so I can'k give you guy what trains are going thought the cuts.

I will be out there getting some shots, Hey, (M) at 21st st Queensbridge, That's A good photo op.

Beats me to know. I have a feeling the (F) is going to be sent over the 53rd and something is going to happen on the 63rd tunnel.

No, Its a Late Night G.O. that starts at 10pm, They are upgrading the 53rd st line and doing signal and lighting work, this is going to be ongoing for a while. even the weekends.

I will be out there getting some shots, Hey, (M) at 21st st Queensbridge, That's A good photo op.

It isn't gonna be that many (M)'s there since around the 10 pm hour, that's when it becomes a shuttle. I'd say there might be like 2-4 (M) trains actually going there

Still though, it doesn't really account for the (M) at 57th

I would say there is a mis-print someplace. They mean to say the M via 57/6 rather than the M to 57/6.

This operation would occur toward the end of the service day with less than a dozen (maybe about 8) M intervals affected. When M mainline service shuts down for the night, they need a certain amount of trains laid up on the CTL end and a certain amount laid up on the Met end to be set up for the next days AM service requirements. If they terminate at 57/6, and return to the Met end, there is a problem. Finally as noted, the M will not terminate at 57/6 as it will delay the F (and re-routed E from the same GO) from getting through.

I would say there is a mis-print someplace. They mean to say the M via 57/6 rather than the M to 57/6.

This operation would occur toward the end of the service day with less than a dozen (maybe about 8) M intervals affected. When M mainline service shuts down for the night, they need a certain amount of trains laid up on the CTL end and a certain amount laid up on the Met end to be set up for the next days AM service requirements. If they terminate at 57/6, and return to the Met end, there is a problem. Finally as noted, the M will not terminate at 57/6 as it will delay the F (and re-routed E from the same GO) from getting through.

I think they should written via 63rd then, that would make it even more comprehensible.

Archived