R160 V train to Jamaica-179 St!!!

blkfire765

I was wondering if anyone managed to catch a (V) to 179th St. Why did it go up to 179 and i never knew that the (V) had a program to 179 with all the stops. why doesnt the (E) have it and will the new (M) have a program like it? any pics? sorry for asking so many questions :P...thanks for answering :)

also...if the (V) has all of these programs then the (MTA) is just waisting so much money in changing everything to the (M).... (off topic but just saying... :) LOL)

Like I said many of times the R160's are SMART! They can program pratically any route thats possible.So I don't know why people foam over that crap.Many examples are (E) To Jamaica-179th St,(D) Far Rockaway,(Q) East Side-96 St,(W) Gravesend-86 St.It has to be a possible re-route.Think of G.O's (F) To Euclid,(G) to Stillwell.I mean come on! Nice catch tho

Like I said many of times the R160's are SMART! They can program pratically any route thats possible.So I don't know why people foam over that crap.Many examples are (E) To Jamaica-179th St,(D) Far Rockaway,(Q) East Side-96 St,(W) Gravesend-86 St.It has to be a possible re-route.Think of G.O's (F) To Euclid,(G) to Stillwell.I mean come on! Nice catch tho

Who's foaming in this thread? Everyone knows that you can program any route into the NTTs and how it's going to get there.

Not everyone knows b\c clearly this person was surprised about something like this.

I agree with you totally on this one, not everyone knows the R-160 programs are flexible. I once saw a (V) train to Canarsie.

I think the (V) was supposed to start from Canarsie before if I'm not mistaken.

You might be right, I'm not exactly sure though. As for the (V)'s going to 179th, I believe it has happened a few times with the issue with the (F).

Then why can't the (E) be programmed for Herald or the (J) for Metropolitan?

Good question.

As for the (J), I never understood why they made it the (J), when just running the (M2) to Chambers would've been easier and less confusing overall. -If this was to save people confusion in manhattan, then it doesn't explain why they send the (E) via 6th av, when it could've been simpler to just run the (V) to 2nd Av and extend it to Parsons-archer.

I think the (V) was supposed to start from Canarsie before if I'm not mistaken.

The original routing for the (V) when it appeared on rollsigns in the 80s was for it to go from the Bronx to Canarsie.

Then why can't the (E) be programmed for Herald or the (J) for Metropolitan?

Herald Sq is not really considered a terminal station but it can be and it used to be temporaily when the bride was getting updated. (J) To Metropolitan I don't understand why the T/O's or C/R's just don't change the route to avoid confusion once it gets to Myrtle or Marcy change to (M2)

Herald Sq is not really considered a terminal station but it can be and it used to be temporaily when the bride was getting updated. (J) To Metropolitan I don't understand why the T/O's or C/R's just don't change the route to avoid confusion once it gets to Myrtle or Marcy change to (M2)

Actually Herald Square (or 34/6th) was used as a terminal PRIOR to the bridge construction. In the sixties, right before 1967, the (F) used it as a terminal, IINM. I don't know how well it ran but, regarding the implementation now, 34/6th is not the best site to turn trains.

Who's foaming in this thread? Everyone knows that you can program any route into the NTTs and how it's going to get there.
I'm not surprised to see any (V) trains to go to 179th Street, it can be programmed like most people have said on the R-160s.

Here's 2 that I was able to catch over the years (let the foaming begin lol)...

IMG00111.jpg

IMG01692.jpg

It is not weahter or not the R-160 is smart, it is how flexible the (MTA) NYC Subway could be, like weather or not something happens at some place, there are still another line running and moving people. The R-160 is smart only because of the flexibility of the NYC Subway, kudos to the (MTA), :tup: ;)!

How can an inanimate object be, IDK, smart???

It is not weahter or not the R-160 is smart, it is how flexible the (MTA) NYC Subway could be, like weather or not something happens at some place, there are still another line running and moving people. The R-160 is smart only because of the flexibility of the NYC Subway, kudos to the (MTA), :tup: ;)!

What are you talking about? The NYC Subway being flexible how?

It is not weahter or not the R-160 is smart, it is how flexible the (MTA) NYC Subway could be, like weather or not something happens at some place, there are still another line running and moving people. The R-160 is smart only because of the flexibility of the NYC Subway, kudos to the (MTA), :tup: :)!

This made my night ;)

The original routing for the (V) when it appeared on rollsigns in the 80s was for it to go from the Bronx to Canarsie.
All those signs said was "(V) Via 6th Avenue".

What I heard was that it was supposed to be 63rd St. to somewhere in the east (Basically replacing the K).

What are you talking about? The NYC Subway being flexible how?

If the subway was flexible, all these problems like Rogers Ave Jct., budget cuts and GOs won't have to happen.

Someone mentioned Forest Hills..

Forest Hills is actually a good-enough terminal itself, judging from the fact that terminating trains descend into a lower level which lead to the yard approaches. There are 4 tracks in this lower level, so I think it is capable of turning two lines there though. 2nd Avenue, on the hand, might be a problem.

Archived