Am I the only one that likes the Orange (M)?

I don't mind it but Running it on 53rd and Queens Blvd is going to be a disater, That's the Only Flaw, If it ran down 63rd then That would be better, 8 car trains are not good for 53rd st line, Trust me on that, I rode the (E),(F) and (V) down there, Trust me the (V) does pick up the slack when (E)/(F)'s are messed up, The (M) wouldn't help any bit, And when the railroad screws up, That's also going to be a problem, Im Half and Half on this one,

I just HATE It when People complain about how they are getting screwed by this, I don't see it screwing nobody, The only people that are screwed are the south Borooklyn Residents but They don't complain, Having Less service is Better than Having None, Some people don't understand that.

And PS For The Ones That Clams that this would F(&*k them over, And Trust Me on this one, Do yourself a favor Live in Northeastern Queens or On Little Neck Parkway and say that your getting screwed over and trust Me if Your from Manhattan, Expect to get you ass kicked because They are one of the neighborhoods that are being FU&*ked over BIG TIME, Loosing the Q79 and the Q76 on weekends by these cuts as well as South Brooklyn and Some Parts Of Long Island That Can't afford to ride the LIRR everyday.

I agree with you 100%, I dont see this screwing over anyone, anyway, anyhow. This might be a problem along 53rd Street, but along Queens Blvd, the only stations that actually see crowding are the stops between Roosevelt Ave & 71st-Continental. Other than that, the line is usually moderately fine.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm thrilled about this new change. finally their is change on the Qns Blvd line:). Although i am wondering why they chose to do terminate the (M) in QNS both terminals. they should make the (M) go to bronx to serve uptown too, and reroute the (:o to forest hills... ;) just a suggestion... i would love to see a R68 (B) on the Queens Blvd line lol.... ima fan of the (B) to Forest hills too... ;)

lol check out my late night map. the (B) replaces the (E) to Jamaica Late Nights stopping at Forest Hills.

MapWithExtensionsLateNights4-22-10.jpg

and u r right about the (M). id switch terminals. have the (B) run via Queens Blvd, then the (M) run to the Bronx or 145 St... only problem is the switching at either Broadway-Lafayette St or West 4 St, and between 34 St and 42 St-Bryant Pk. in order for the (B) to go down Queens Blvd-53 St or (M) via CPW, it would have to this:

((B) TRAIN):

(B) would have to switch from the Express track to the Local track between B'way-Lafayette and W 4 St then run Local via 6 Av

OR

(B) would have to switch from the Express track to the Local track between 34 St and 42 St-Bryant Park to reach the 53 St tunnel.

((M) TRAIN):

(M) would have to switch from the Local track to the Express track between B'way-Lafayette and W 4 St and run express via 6 Av.

OR

(M) would have to switch from the Local track to the Express track between 34 St and 42 St-Bryant Park to reach the West Side and Central Park West line.

Um, holy f'in shit, that's a service overkill there ;)

Also what is the X serving in Brooklyn? Other than 3rd Av, there's nothing more west of there but werehouses and factories.

lmao its just a fantasy map i did before. ill send u the link to the thread.

I thought the Q79 is being cut permanently?

I don't mind it but Running it on 53rd and Queens Blvd is going to be a disater, That's the Only Flaw, If it ran down 63rd then That would be better, 8 car trains are not good for 53rd st line, Trust me on that, I rode the (E),(F) and (V) down there, Trust me the (V) does pick up the slack when (E)/(F)'s are messed up, The (M) wouldn't help any bit, And when the railroad screws up, That's also going to be a problem, Im Half and Half on this one,

I just HATE It when People complain about how they are getting screwed by this, I don't see it screwing nobody, The only people that are screwed are the south Borooklyn Residents but They don't complain, Having Less service is Better than Having None, Some people don't understand that.

And PS For The Ones That Clams that this would F(&*k them over, And Trust Me on this one, Do yourself a favor Live in Northeastern Queens or On Little Neck Parkway and say that your getting screwed over and trust Me if Your from Manhattan, Expect to get you ass kicked because They are one of the neighborhoods that are being FU&*ked over BIG TIME, Loosing the Q79 and the Q76 on weekends by these cuts as well as South Brooklyn and Some Parts Of Long Island That Can't afford to ride the LIRR everyday.

lol check out my late night map. the (;) replaces the (E) to Jamaica Late Nights stopping at Forest Hills.

Holy shit! As creative as that is and I applaud you for making this map, my eyes was going nuts for a minute with the massive surplus of colors! Most, if not, all of these lines look waaaaaaaay too long for me to ride! ;)

The problem w/ the (;) and (M) switching terminals is..... it will create switching problems between local and express trains between 34th and 42nd Sts. You could.....

(;) train from Brighton Beach to Forest Hills via 6th Ave Express/Queens Local/63rd Tunnel leaving the (C) being the lone CPW local train. Eliminate the (M) and (V) and bring back the (M2). Outside of the (F) sharing tracks w/ the (G) along the northern part of Culver, it doesn't have to share w/ another train service until it merges w/ the (E) along 53rd St.

The problem w/ the (;) and (M) switching terminals is..... it will create switching problems between local and express trains between 34th and 42nd Sts. You could.....

(;) train from Brighton Beach to Forest Hills via 6th Ave Express/Queens Local/63rd Tunnel leaving the (C) being the lone CPW local train. Eliminate the (M) and (V) and bring back the (M2). Outside of the (F) sharing tracks w/ the (G) along the northern part of Culver, it doesn't have to share w/ another train service until it merges w/ the (E) along 53rd St.

huh?

The problem w/ the (:P and (M) switching terminals is..... it will create switching problems between local and express trains between 34th and 42nd Sts. You could.....

(:P train from Brighton Beach to Forest Hills via 6th Ave Express/Queens Local/63rd Tunnel leaving the (C) being the lone CPW local train. Eliminate the (M) and (V) and bring back the (M2). Outside of the (F) sharing tracks w/ the (G) along the northern part of Culver, it doesn't have to share w/ another train service until it merges w/ the (E) along 53rd St.

Wait I'm getting a little confused here. What are we talking about now? Luis's map or the new (M) service?

I was talking about Luis map.

lol check out my late night map. the (:P replaces the (E) to Jamaica Late Nights stopping at Forest Hills.

and u r right about the (M). id switch terminals. have the (:P run via Queens Blvd, then the (M) run to the Bronx or 145 St... only problem is the switching at either Broadway-Lafayette St or West 4 St, and between 34 St and 42 St-Bryant Pk. in order for the (B) to go down Queens Blvd-53 St or (M) via CPW, it would have to this:

((B) TRAIN):

(B) would have to switch from the Express track to the Local track between B'way-Lafayette and W 4 St then run Local via 6 Av

OR

(B) would have to switch from the Express track to the Local track between 34 St and 42 St-Bryant Park to reach the 53 St tunnel.

((M) TRAIN):

(M) would have to switch from the Local track to the Express track between B'way-Lafayette and W 4 St and run express via 6 Av.

OR

(M) would have to switch from the Local track to the Express track between 34 St and 42 St-Bryant Park to reach the West Side and Central Park West line.

I was making a suggestion about the (B) and (M)..... of just eliminating the (M) and have the (B) run from Forest Hills to Brighton Beach via Queens Local/63rd St and 6th Ave EXP so there wouldn't be major switch problems along 6th Ave.... or just eliminate the (B) and have the (M) run from 145th St to Middle Village via CPW & 6th Ave Local.

I was talking about Luis map.

I was making a suggestion about the (:P and (M)..... of just eliminating the (M) and have the (:P run from Forest Hills to Brighton Beach via Queens Local/63rd St and 6th Ave EXP so there wouldn't be major switch problems along 6th Ave.... or just eliminate the (B) and have the (M) run from 145th St to Middle Village via CPW & 6th Ave Local.

I highly suggest that we should keep (M) talk with (M) talk and Luis's map with his map. If you want to comment on his map, there's already a thread for that.

Back on topic...

I support the (M)...look at my avitar & signature. The thing I hate the most is when people say its not gonna last. I personally find nothing wrong with it. Its 2 lines that were partially/completely cut but was instead saved as 1 new line.

It never even got here yet, you can't see into the future

This change doesn't affect me. But I can easily see it being a benefit. For the financial district, I'd love to know how its an inconvenience when every time you walk a block there's an entrance to a different subway line, aside from having to get your ass up and walk a little. I'd really like to know.

The crazy thing about this (M)/(V) dilemma is when it was the (V) to Metropolitan, it was the Myrtle residents who were complaining about the letter being (V), but when the plan was changed to (M), it was the die hard (V) fans that were whining. At the end of the day, its still the same train from Middle Village to Forest Hills..... SMH.

The crazy thing about this (M)/(V) dilemma is when it was the (V) to Metropolitan, it was the Myrtle residents who were complaining about the letter being (V), but when the plan was changed to (M), it was the die hard (V) fans that were whining. At the end of the day, its still the same train from Middle Village to Forest Hills..... SMH.

Weird eh? It's really an extension of the (V). What's the fuss.

I'm not a (M) supporter.Personally I don't give a crap b\c I'm not being affected.Most people being affected are the people who live in Glendale,Middle Village & East Village.I don't support the new (M) b\c of frequency of trains and the number of cars the train will have.The (V) is needed to backup the (F) on 6th Av & Qns Blvd.If something happened in Brooklyn preventing the (F) from going2 Manhattan and the (M) screws up that's it.Also mistakes happen there can be an 8car (R) or (F) train which is a big problem b\c of heavy ridership.Also eliminating the (V) is stupid b\c Late nights & weekends people go2 clubs n stuff in the Village and that service is needed there.There will be pros & cons from this but I truly don't support this.

I'm not a (M) supporter.Personally I don't give a crap b\c I'm not being affected.Most people being affected are the people who live in Glendale,Middle Village & East Village.I don't support the new (M) b\c of frequency of trains and the number of cars the train will have.The (V) is needed to backup the (F) on 6th Av & Qns Blvd.If something happened in Brooklyn preventing the (F) from going2 Manhattan and the (M) screws up that's it.Also mistakes happen there can be an 8car (R) or (F) train which is a big problem b\c of heavy ridership.Also eliminating the (V) is stupid b\c Late nights & weekends people go2 clubs n stuff in the Village and that service is needed there.There will be pros & cons from this but I truly don't support this.

1) I think you mean the West Village

2) You could make the same argument that if the (V) screwed up, you'd still have a mess, though the (V) is shorter and less delay-prone than the (M) will be.

3) I strongly doubt that there would be an 8 car (R) or (F) train because those trains are based out of Jamaica Yard and the (M) is based out of East New York. I think the operator would have enough sense to drop off the train in the correct yard in the midday and again in the evening.

4) The (V) never ran weekends anyway, so weekend service in the Village is unaffected.

Well, we are under a economical crisis so I'm not suprised that the (M) train frequency is low nor am I bashing and doubting it for that reason... Probaly if this (M) become popular afterwards then they'll increase frequency. So far as 8-cars, even if it was signed as (V), I'll still be 8-cars so it wouldn't make a difference if it was (M) or (V) still the same train. Put it this way; shorter cars - more crowded and extended to Middle Village - more ridership, now the (MTA) has a good reason to spend money on the (M)/(V).

1) I think you mean the West Village

2) You could make the same argument that if the (V) screwed up, you'd still have a mess, though the (V) is shorter and less delay-prone than the (M) will be.

3) I strongly doubt that there would be an 8 car (R) or (F) train because those trains are based out of Jamaica Yard and the (M) is based out of East New York. I think the operator would have enough sense to drop off the train in the correct yard in the midday and again in the evening.

4) The (V) never ran weekends anyway, so weekend service in the Village is unaffected.

1)No East Village(Lower E Side,Alphabet City)

2)Exactly my point less delays you can always re-route the (V) via 8th Av.What if something happened on the (M) in Brooklyn they're stuck.

3)Strongly doubt it not good enough but its not IMPOSSIBLE for an 8car train to run on the (R) & (F).It may happen but the chance is so slim.You never know they can run that 8car train to Lower East Side and send it back up as an (M).

4)I was referring to Late Nights but ON EVENT DAYS that happen to take place on weekends the (F) won't be able2 use extra equipment unless they use 8car (M)'s which is better than nothing.

1)No East Village(Lower E Side,Alphabet City)

2)Exactly my point less delays you can always re-route the (V) via 8th Av.What if something happened on the (M) in Brooklyn they're stuck.

3)Strongly doubt it not good enough but its not IMPOSSIBLE for an 8car train to run on the (R) & (F).It may happen but the chance is so slim.You never know they can run that 8car train to Lower East Side and send it back up as an (M).

4)I was referring to Late Nights but ON EVENT DAYS that happen to take place on weekends the (F) won't be able2 use extra equipment unless they use 8car (M)'s which is better than nothing.

1) I don't think the elimination of (V) service at 2nd Avenue is going to have a huge impact for Lower East Side customers.

2) Since the (M) will only be using East New York cars, there should be some spare 10 car trains in Jamaica, so if there was a really bad delay, some trains could be sent out on the Jamaica side.

3) I don't see what you are saying. No trains are terminating at 2nd Avenue, since part of the $4 million in savings is as a result of not having to have crew rooms at 2nd Avenue and Bay Parkway. If the train were sent back up as an (M), that wouldn't cause any problems.

4) There should still be some spare 10 car sets in Jamaica.

Also since any time there's a problem on 6th Av, they would suspend the (V) altogether. Now should anything happen, the (M) would be sent down to either Chambers or turn back at Essex. Basically nothing much would change.

Or hopefully 9 Avenue :cool::tup:

Agreed. People fuss too much over a letter.

Or hopefully 9 Avenue :cool::tup:

Fat chance of that!:P

Archived