Its starting

R32 3838

That R32 set is needed due to the Brighton Line rehab,anything can happen such as a 12-9,broken rail etc and they can use that train to run via West End,Sea Beach or even Culver b\c you can't back the train up.Also that set could had ran on the (Q),(W),(R),(F),(D),(N) or (B).Once a month it would run on the (Q).

That R32 set is needed due to the Brighton Line rehab,anything can happen such as a 12-9,broken rail etc and they can use that train to run via West End,Sea Beach or even Culver b\c you can't back the train up.Also that set could had ran on the (Q),(W),(R),(F),(D),(N) or (B).Once a month it would run on the (Q).

the (D) is based out of Concourse not Coney Island and the (B) is Coney Island

If you think about it it would be smart putting R68A/'s on the (N) b\c they have one northern terminal but about 5 (N)'s terminate @ 57th St during the AM hrs btwn 830 and 10.

actually some (Q)'s will terminate at 57th Street-7th Avenue during the weekdays. All the (N)'s will now go to Astoria since its a full time Broadway Local.

It's official...the MTA is full of themselves. The same could have been said for the (B) because it has two northern terminals, so how come the (B) doesn't have them? And the part-time line status is inexcusable because now that the (Q) has two northern terminals and will be using all-160s, to a certain extent, the (B) should be as well for the same exact reason.

So why was the CIY R32 (B)set transffered 2 207th St AGAIN?

Thanks to supervisors, The CI yard Master wanted to keep it but the supervisors gave him a hard time, I got my Very Last shots of it on friday, 207th st yard is full of shit, plain as simple, I hope Jamaica gets those extra cars back, The (A) is not going to need them no more, THEY BETTER MAKE THE (C) 10 cars, They have 240 R32's that's more than enough to make the (C) 10 cars.

Thanks to supervisors, The CI yard Master wanted to keep it but the supervisors gave him a hard time, I got my Very Last shots of it on friday, 207th st yard is full of shit, plain as simple, I hope Jamaica gets those extra cars back, The (A) is not going to need them no more, THEY BETTER MAKE THE (C) 10 cars, They have 240 R32's that's more than enough to make the (C) 10 cars.

What about the fact that the barn at 207th ONLY works on R32s? I think that's more that enough of a reason to send the R32 from the (B) there. Now explain how 207th is full of shit, I would love to hear your explanation on this one.

What about the fact that the barn at 207th ONLY works on R32s? I think that's more that enough of a reason to send the R32 from the (B) there. Now explain how 207th is full of shit, I would love to hear your explanation on this one.

207th is full of shit b\c they are being greedy f**ks.Many 46's that is being/has been transferred is enough to retire the 10-12sets of the remaining 44's and they are receiving more 46's than the amount of 44's that were in service.Also they got that 32 set which is clearly NOT needed b\c those 32's they got from Jamaica a while ago they only run one.If those 32 sets were really needed then they would run them to death.And when the 32's do run on the (A) it's mainly 1 set.When they were @ Jamaica they ran in specific intervals.Whats the point of getting new stuff when you're not going to use it.They have more than enough cars and it's well enough to make the (C) Full Length.

The way I see it 207th is biting off more than they can chew. For goods sakes, the most sets of 32s you'd find on the (A) is one. On a good day, two. I don't mind seeing 32s on the (A) at all but if they're going to take all of them then why aren't they being used?

What about the logistical side of having all but 10 R32s at one yard and every time the R32 that was at CIY needed parts they would have to be shipped from 207 a yard that ONLY handles R32s. Also, how can you blame 207th for taking all the R46s when they are only stored there, not mantained. If anything, blame Pitkin or the (A) line managers. Just because foamers want the R32 on the (B), it does not mean that it should be, it's not not logical.

What about the logistical side of having all but 10 R32s at one yard and every time the R32 that was at CIY needed parts they would have to be shipped from 207 a yard that ONLY handles R32s. Also, how can you blame 207th for taking all the R46s when they are only stored there, not mantained. If anything, blame Pitkin or the (A) line managers. Just because foamers want the R32 on the (B), it does not mean that it should be, it's not not logical.

Well I didn't know about the parts issue. But aren't the 46s that have the diamonds by the numberplate 207th's cars? Last time I checked they were.

Just because foamers want the R32 on the (B), it does not mean that it should be, it's not not logical.

In theory, it would be logical for the R-32s to run on the (B) (as opposed to the (C)), because the (B) does not run as frequently as the (C) ((C) doesn't run during late nights, whereas the (B) doesn't run during late nignts, evenings, and weekends). This means that a set of R-32s on the (B) would go through less wear-and-tear than a set of R-32s on the (C). The R-32s might be durable, but at 46 years old, it would seem wise to try to limit their workload.

Well I didn't know about the parts issue. But aren't the 46s that have the diamonds by the numberplate 207th's cars? Last time I checked they were.

No, only R32s are inspected at 207th St. The only R46s I have seen have been in the overhaul shop or getting wheel work done on the truing machine. I think the blue diamonds are there for some modification they did, I forget what it was though. As for Pitkin having too many R46s, I have heard that the AA sets MAY go to SI.

In theory, it would be logical for the R-32s to run on the (B) (as opposed to the (C)), because the (B) does not run as frequently as the (C) ((C) doesn't run during late nights, whereas the (B) doesn't run during late nignts, evenings, and weekends). This means that a set of R-32s on the (B) would go through less wear-and-tear than a set of R-32s on the (C). The R-32s might be durable, but at 46 years old, it would seem wise to try to limit their workload.

Thats still lot logical, all the parts are at 207th St. While the (C) might run at all times aside from late might, they run a shorter route (the (B) does run evenings). Also, they are in great shape so there is no reason to side line them.

No, only R32s are inspected at 207th St. The only R46s I have seen have been in the overhaul shop or getting wheel work done on the truing machine. I think the blue diamonds are there for some modification they did, I forget what it was though. As for Pitkin having too many R46s, I have heard that the AA sets MAY go to SI.

I did hear about something about compressor work being done on those R46s with the blue diamonds.

I did hear about something about compressor work being done on those R46s with the blue diamonds.

I have heard both that it means there is a 3rd compressor on the set and I have also heard it does not mean that. I could find out this week.

No wonder I saw an R - 68 at Ditmars Blvd yesterday, at around 10:30 P.M. I thought they had sent the (Q) right away, which makes no sense, considering they'll run o weekdays only.

I heard there are now 48 R68As on the (N) and the crews now have to have their brake handles, reverses, and sign keys with them at all times. The (Q) will be 100% R160.

I heard there are now 48 R68As on the (N) and the crews now have to have their brake handles, reverses, and sign keys with them at all times. The (Q) will be 100% R160.

Awww... 100% R - 160? I mean, I don't mind it, but sometimes the smell of whoever slept in them remains, and you smell it (unintentionally) more than on other trains.

If you think about it it would be smart putting R68A/'s on the (N) b\c they have one northern terminal but about 5 (N)'s terminate @ 57th St during the AM hrs btwn 830 and 10.

There will still be R160s on the (N). But the (Q) will have 2 terminals in the day, so it makes more sense for them to be all R160s.

=

As for the (B), as said before, the R32 is no longer needed since the (W) is gone and will free up about 2-3 trainsets so that's a few more R68/As [R160s all going to the (N) and (Q)] freed up for the (B).

I don't understand why the N is getting 68/As. Wouldnt they want both the (N) and (Q) to be fully 160 so that it's easier to swap at Astoria or CI? Because 160s can be pulled from the former (W)

There's only so many R160s to go around. Even with the (W) gone, it's not going to make both (N)(Q) 100% R160s. As I said above: The (Q) will have 2 terminals in the day vs the main one for the (N). The (Q) going to Astoria in the rush hours and the (N) will run local, so together they've already replaced most of the (W) service. That's why the (Q) will be all R160s.

Archived