Its starting

R32 3838

I was told a memo went out stating that, I think some (N) crews got a little laxed because of the R160s always being on the line.

that was silly of them. There was always the possibility of a 68 showing up on the line. I know that I had heard the same thing for the (F) or (V) at different times.

Again, it would be cool if all the old SMEE trains were concentrated in one area. Or of course, if they were to upgrade the valves and signs on the 62's and 68's (they they could get rid of those things altogether), but they don't want to bother with that.

I heard there are now 48 R68As on the (N) and the crews now have to have their brake handles, reverses, and sign keys with them at all times. The (Q) will be 100% R160.

Wow, that's deep right there. I was on the (Q) yesterday and I had a feeling that was the case because I didn't see any R68/A's on there and you usually see at least 1 set. Change is really happening.

that was silly of them. There was always the possibility of a 68 showing up on the line. I know that I had heard the same thing for the (F) or (V) at different times.

Again, it would be cool if all the old SMEE trains were concentrated in one area. Or of course, if they were to upgrade the valves and signs on the 62's and 68's (they they could get rid of those things altogether), but they don't want to bother with that.

It may have been that alot of guys had their tools in their lockers, but with all the R68s I would never walk out of the crew room with out everything.

So why was the CIY R32 (B)set transffered 2 207th St AGAIN?

It was only transferred once. Last time it was supposedly transferred, it had actually stayed at CI yard the whole time, IINM. Either that or it was at 207th for a very short time. There was no photo proof of the CI set (just the Jamaica set) at 207th.

That R32 set is needed due to the Brighton Line rehab,anything can happen such as a 12-9,broken rail etc and they can use that train to run via West End,Sea Beach or even Culver b\c you can't back the train up.Also that set could had ran on the (Q),(W),(R),(F),(D),(N) or (:P.Once a month it would run on the (Q).

Correction, that R32 set was needed. It was one spare train but now that there are 10 extra spares after the loss of the (W), at least one of those trains displaced the lone R32 set to 207th while the rest went to the (N) and (Q).

The way how I see, I dont think the MTA ordered enough R160s. They could have atleast got enough to make the N/Q 100% R160. And I thought they wanted Ditmars Blvd a all R160 terminal. And that could have freed up some R68/As for the (C).

At 1,662 cars, the R160 fleet is currently the larger fleet in the system...you don't exactly need more R160s...

Jamaica had an R46 set with a 3rd compressor,it was on the (G) line.don't remember the car numbers or if it still has the compressor.

I think the cars you are thinking about are 6194-6197. When the 6100s were being transferred to Pitkin last year, that set was left at Jamaica due to it being the first set to test the third compressor (or whatever it was). I got a photo of it still at Jamaica last June:

R466196.jpg

Dude, easy there, now I know where the heck the CIYD R32 went, no need to take thing so serious, and I am not joking, and no need to have thoughts.

I LOL'd

Archived